cobra_gordo Posted May 1, 2025 Posted May 1, 2025 Got tickets for Johnny Marr at Sheffield Foundry in June for one of the two festival warm-up shows he's doing. My oldest son is Smiths obsessed so it should be a good opportunity for him to watch his dad get drunk and do some sad dancing. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted May 1, 2025 Members Posted May 1, 2025 5 minutes ago, cobra_gordo said: Got tickets for Johnny Marr at Sheffield Foundry in June for one of the two festival warm-up shows he's doing. My oldest son is Smiths obsessed so it should be a good opportunity for him to watch his dad get drunk and do some sad dancing. I'm doing the very same in Southampton with my daughter! ? Embarrassing dad's of the world unite and take over ? Quote
Paid Members Scratch Posted May 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 4, 2025 We got invited to Dublin last weekend for my birthday by Kolsch and had an amazing time at Index. They’ve just moved to a new venue and it was really good. Staff were friendly and helpful, we got really well looked after, and it was a great crowd. We’d definitely go back if someone was on we liked. And then yesterday we went to Polygon at Crystal Palace, a 360 Spatial Audio festival, to see Halina Rice and it was superb seeing her live 360 rendition of her album with such a ridiculous sound system. Max Cooper was headlining and blew the roof off with possibly the most varied set I’ve ever seen. The 360 sound system was impressive, but the main dome suffered a little if you weren’t bang in the middle with some tracks sounding a little out of sync with themselves due to the slight Spatial Audio delay. But we had a great day, danced our arses off and it was another good crowd. That said, vaping indoors can fuck right off. Quote
truthofsin Posted May 4, 2025 Posted May 4, 2025 Hundred Reasons at the Albert Hall this week! Been excited for this one. Somehow snagged myself a fantastic seat practically on the stage. My +1 pulled out, but should still be a banging night. Quote
TibBo Posted May 5, 2025 Posted May 5, 2025 Maaan I haven’t seen Hundred Reasons in years but they were always a great band with terrible luck, was anyone else at Reading/Leeds when someone threw and egg at the stage, it hit their guitar pedal and killed the power to the whole stage? Quote
Panhead Posted May 5, 2025 Posted May 5, 2025 I saw The Dollyrots and Don't Panic at The Key Club in Leeds last night. Both of them played inoffensive but enjoyable sets. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted May 5, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 5, 2025 13 hours ago, truthofsin said: Hundred Reasons at the Albert Hall this week! Been excited for this one. Somehow snagged myself a fantastic seat practically on the stage. My +1 pulled out, but should still be a banging night. I'm going as well. They've announced it as their final headline show since it went on sale. Rival Schools supporting too so gotta get there early. Quote
Rockbus2 Posted May 5, 2025 Posted May 5, 2025 11 hours ago, Egg Shen said: I'm going as well. They've announced it as their final headline show since it went on sale. Rival Schools supporting too so gotta get there early. I've got Rival Schools in Leeds tomorrow. Been a long time since I've seen them so a bit excited. Quote
Panhead Posted May 5, 2025 Posted May 5, 2025 Saw Scowl at Rebellion in Manchester tonight. They were great. I'm really enjoying their new album. Their set was finished before 10 too. Can't grumble at that. Quote
Merzbow Posted May 6, 2025 Posted May 6, 2025 They're class, I got to see them in a 100 cap venue that sold out in minutes last year. Quote
Panhead Posted May 21, 2025 Posted May 21, 2025 I saw Mannequin Pussy last night in Manchester. It was a really enjoyable gig. I'm knackered today though from jumping around. It's catching up with me! Quote
Paid Members Gus Mears Posted May 24, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 24, 2025 (edited) Booked Suede at Royal Festival Hall and Sparks because the Hitler Mael brother looks on the verge of death and I've been saying 'next time they tour' for about a decade. Edited May 24, 2025 by Gus Mears Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted May 24, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 24, 2025 1 hour ago, Gus Mears said: Booked Suede at Royal Festival Hall and Sparks because the Hitler Mael brother looks on the verge of death and I've been saying 'next time they tour' for about a decade. We saw them support Beck in Bournemouth in 2018 (god where does time go?) and they were fantastic. Probably better than Beck. Their new album is so-so mind. Quote
Paid Members Gus Mears Posted May 24, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 24, 2025 2 hours ago, FLips said: Their new album is so-so mind. Yeah, it's a letdown after The Girl is Crying in Her Latte. Though blokes pushing 80 consistently releasing stuff as good as Veronica Lake isn't really fair I suppose. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted May 24, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 24, 2025 I saw them on their last tour and they were great fun. It's ridiculous how much energy Russell still has. Ron's was sitting down the whole show, as is his right. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.