Paid Members Egg Shen Posted March 12, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 12, 2025 On 3/11/2025 at 1:58 PM, Lorne Malvo said: If somebody asked me what my dream gig would be, one of my answers would probably be 'Counting Crows with Gaslight Anthem as support.' I expected it to be US-only, but no, UK too! Very much looking forwards to that. Tempted but ive always been put off seeing Counting Crows live for the simple fact that Adam Duritz fannys about to much and messes with the arrangements. I'm all for abit of improv. but he takes the piss. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted March 12, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 12, 2025 2 minutes ago, Egg Shen said: Tempted but ive always been put off seeing Counting Crows live for the simple fact that Adam Duritz fannys about to much and messes with the arrangements. I'm all for abit of improv. but he takes the piss. Didn't know this. I'll probably leave it then. As much as I like Counting Crows, altering songs live does my head in and I would've been 65% going for Gaslight anyway. That Common Thread lineup is the same month so I'll likely go to that instead. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted March 12, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 12, 2025 I'd double check and see if he still does it, but he used too. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted March 12, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 12, 2025 (edited) On 3/11/2025 at 12:25 PM, gmoney said: I'm a bit torn on this, because while it's fun, I like not knowing what's coming up next. They Might Be Giants did it best for me. They played all of their album Flood in a random order and interspersed with other songs. Best of both worlds. When I saw Ash a couple of years back it was for the 20th anniversary of Free All Angels. They did the album in full, then a couple of the songs they can't usually do because Charlotte isn't usually there, and a couple off of 1977 at the end. I remember them touring to promote Free All Angels in Barnsley when I was in uni. Next weekend I'm off to Clitheroe to see the Lancashire Hotpots with my mum again for the first of what I think is two gigs this year (so far) as I think she's already got tickets for us to see them in Bolton in the summer, and will inevitably pick some up for when they play in Blackburn in November. This is the year where I'll have seen the Lancashire Hotpots more times than I've seen Soulwax/2ManyDJs. Also seriously thinking of heading to Darwen Live to see Crash Test Dummies in May. I played there once when I was in a semi decent punk band. Edited March 12, 2025 by Jazzy G Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted March 12, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 12, 2025 24 minutes ago, Jazzy G said: When I saw Ash a couple of years back it was for the 20th anniversary of Free All Angels. They did the album in full, then a couple of the songs they can't usually do because Charlotte isn't usually there, and a couple off of 1977 at the end. I remember them touring to promote Free All Angels in Barnsley when I was in uni. Caught Ash support The Darkness last Sunday, reliably great, just came on banged out 8-9 big hitters and off they went. Loves me some Ash. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted March 12, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 12, 2025 20 minutes ago, Egg Shen said: Caught Ash support The Darkness last Sunday, reliably great, just came on banged out 8-9 big hitters and off they went. Loves me some Ash. When I was doing my B-Tec a few of us would lock ourselves away in a practice room and just jam through 1977. It was always fun. Quote
Cannibal Man Posted March 12, 2025 Posted March 12, 2025 I've seen one of those full album show live once when The Frogs did It's Only Right And Natural in full and it was really weird compared to the same band at the same venue the year before. The first show felt free and funny and all over the place where anything possible and then the full album show was really weird and stunted like they had nowhere to go because of having to stick to a particular setlist. Some of the songs they'd clearly not done in years and weren't too fond of any more, quite a lot of looking around at each other annoyed and confused and wondering where they are. Maybe they just went mad in the 12 months space but it put me off ever seeing one of those types of shows again. The whole idea seems a tiny bit tawdry to me, it's like when clubs in town would get someone in for a PA and the posters would have shite like "will DEFINITELY be performing [song]". Saw that once when Melle Mel did The Magnet, big fuck off promise that he'd be doing White Lines (the song, at least) so nobody had to umm and ahh about going. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted March 14, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 14, 2025 Grabbing some tickets for this badboy today. Bush and Volbeat were 2 of the few bands i had to definitely go see if they toured again this year. Then they go and announce they are touring together Quote
Merzbow Posted March 14, 2025 Posted March 14, 2025 Gel are great too, saw them a couple of years ago headlining a hardcore festival Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted March 14, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 14, 2025 Yeah curveball opener. Great to see Volbeat take a band like that out. Quote
TV Time Remaining Posted March 14, 2025 Posted March 14, 2025 On 3/12/2025 at 5:39 PM, Egg Shen said: Caught Ash support The Darkness last Sunday, reliably great, just came on banged out 8-9 big hitters and off they went. Loves me some Ash. I'm seeing The Darkness twice at the end of the month, my 16th and 17th Darkness gig. Ash supported them the first time I saw them in 2004 so will be great to see them support again. Quote
wordsfromlee Posted March 18, 2025 Posted March 18, 2025 Wasn’t expecting Scarborough as a date on the UK tour Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted March 18, 2025 Members Posted March 18, 2025 The Miami of the North, makes sense. Quote
wordsfromlee Posted March 18, 2025 Posted March 18, 2025 10 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: The Miami of the North, makes sense. "Bienvenidos a Scarborough" Quote
Paid Members johnnyboy Posted March 18, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 18, 2025 2 hours ago, wordsfromlee said: Wasn’t expecting Scarborough as a date on the UK tour It was good enough for Britney. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.