Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

I logged on this morning for the O2 presale and had 22,333 people in front of me. I’d 90% decided it wasn’t going to happen because of popularity and not willing to pay extortionate prices so, an hour later when I finally got to the front of the queue, I wasn’t too disappointed that there was nothing left whatsoever.

My friend works for Live Nation and is working the gig and she’s not even allowed to bring a +1 or comp any tickets.

I get that the money’s going to charity but these prices seem to be norm. I saw people on Threads complaining about the price of Beyonce tickets all being £200+ as well. I looked back and I paid £62.75 (incl. fees) for a seat at the Taylor Hawkins Tribute Concert at Wembley. I don’t mind paying more for festivals or events that you can save/budget for or spread the cost but I can’t afford to fork out for travel, accommodation and tickets when it’s only a couple of months away. Disappointing but it sucks.

Posted (edited)

Did anyone get Sabbath tickets then? I got a ticket for Fright Years in Manchester.

I'm seeing Heartworms in Leeds tomorrow night.

Edited by Panhead
Posted
6 hours ago, Panhead said:

Did anyone get Sabbath tickets then? I got a ticket for Fright Years in Manchester.

I'm seeing Heartworms in Leeds tomorrow night.

I got 2 seated tickets at £204 each. I dont think it’s too bad considering the bands playing, money going to charity and Ozzy’s last show, etc. 

Posted

Jesus Christ they did another nirvana appearance on the Saturday night live anniversary with post Malone on vocals this time, which means they have reflected on the car crash that was the fire aid show that was fucking embarrassing.

But this was just as bad post trying to replicate Kurt's style and sound which is next to impossible to do and he sounds absolutely shocking.

No more the world has wondered what it would be like if they did anything or played a one off show whatever.... it's absolutely depressing and completely and absolutely impossible to fill that spot. It's done now no more ever 

  • Members
Posted
22 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

But this was just as bad post trying to replicate Kurt's style and sound which is next to impossible to do and he sounds absolutely shocking.

He sounded absolutely fine. Kurt would've probably got a kick out of it I reckon.

I love Nirvana and Kurt more than anything but people attach this weird level of untouchableness to them and people start saying "Blasphemy! How dare they!" and all this other weird shit when this sort of thing arises.

They looked like they were having a blast, it was probably a one off, so does any of it really matter?

 

Posted
1 hour ago, Kfogg1991 said:

Jesus Christ they did another nirvana appearance on the Saturday night live anniversary with post Malone on vocals this time, which means they have reflected on the car crash that was the fire aid show that was fucking embarrassing.

But this was just as bad post trying to replicate Kurt's style and sound which is next to impossible to do and he sounds absolutely shocking.

No more the world has wondered what it would be like if they did anything or played a one off show whatever.... it's absolutely depressing and completely and absolutely impossible to fill that spot. It's done now no more ever 

What a weird take.  The general consensus (which I completely agree with) seems to be Post Malone did a fine job, but even if it wasn't to your taste it doesnt exactly scream "Nirvana fan" to describe the remaining members performing together for fun after 30 years as "absolutely depressing".  These recent shows aren't the first time they've done this so your "the world has wondered..." comment doesn't even make sense.

Posted
1 hour ago, wordsfromlee said:

I quite enjoyed that set he did in lockdown with Travis Barker and I thought that SNL show was decent. You can tell he genuinely loves the band and those songs and put his all into it. Fair play to him.

Completely agree with this - that set was a rare bright spot in the early days of lockdown and I remember thinking at the time it would be cool to see him play with the rest of the band.  

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Kfogg1991 said:

Jesus Christ they did another nirvana appearance on the Saturday night live anniversary with post Malone on vocals this time, which means they have reflected on the car crash that was the fire aid show that was fucking embarrassing.

But this was just as bad post trying to replicate Kurt's style and sound which is next to impossible to do and he sounds absolutely shocking.

No more the world has wondered what it would be like if they did anything or played a one off show whatever.... it's absolutely depressing and completely and absolutely impossible to fill that spot. It's done now no more ever 

 

1 hour ago, wordsfromlee said:

I quite enjoyed that set he did in lockdown with Travis Barker and I thought that SNL show was decent. You can tell he genuinely loves the band and those songs and put his all into it. Fair play to him.

They’re releasing that for Record Store Day in April - https://www.recordstoreday.co.uk/record/Post Malone Tribute to Nirvana

I couldn’t tell you the first thing about Post Malone other than he did some song with Ozzy a couple of years back that I didn’t like and he seems to be the guy who has popularised tattoos on the face, but if he loves Nirvana and wants to show that, fair play to him

 

Edited by WyattSheepMask
  • Paid Members
Posted
On 2/15/2025 at 4:52 PM, Kfogg1991 said:

Jesus Christ they did another nirvana appearance on the Saturday night live anniversary with post Malone on vocals this time, which means they have reflected on the car crash that was the fire aid show that was fucking embarrassing.

But this was just as bad post trying to replicate Kurt's style and sound which is next to impossible to do and he sounds absolutely shocking.

No more the world has wondered what it would be like if they did anything or played a one off show whatever.... it's absolutely depressing and completely and absolutely impossible to fill that spot. It's done now no more ever 

What a fucking horrific take.

Like genuinely. I've read some shite takes on this site and this is up there.

The fire aid show was brilliant, a bunch of musicians who were influenced or influenced, having their moment and allowing a bunch of people who never got that final gig to do something special.

Malone as well, trying something different and working it well. A different sound, obviously influenced not trying to replicate.

I'm sure at this stage you're just an AI bot that's been programmed for "false anger" and "edge lord". The only negative I've seen online is that it was all female, that it was a Dave Grohl redemption tour or that it's comments from someone who scratched the surface for a solo opinion and damaged the paint.

Fuck off

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...