Merzbow Posted November 15, 2024 Posted November 15, 2024 It's even wilder with the other bands on that stage, some pretty heavy death metal and deathcore playing before them. I feel like there's way too many stages there, the clashes are going to be horrible and you'll 100% have to miss bands you'd have wanted to catch. Quote
Paid Members Monkee Posted November 15, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 15, 2024 I don’t think there are two many stages. 5 seems about right. Download has the Apex (main) stage and Opus as secondary plus Avalanche, Dogtooth and minor ones like Doghouse and The Den as well as ones that show films and what not. There are always clashes too depending on your music taste and preferences. Quote
Merzbow Posted November 23, 2024 Posted November 23, 2024 I'm going to do some shameless self promotion here but I'm putting on my first of what I hope is many noise gigs in and around the West Midlands. Spoiler Putting the poster in spoilers 'cause I made it stupidly big and bright, it's one of the last shows at LTB on the 15th in Cov before it's sadly knocked down. I hope they manage to secure another venue as it's been the perfect outlet for artists in the city. Quote
Paid Members Monkee Posted November 25, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 25, 2024 I have a seated ticket available for A Celebration of Neil Innes on Thursday at Indigo at the O2 if anyone’s interested? It’s a great line-up but I can’t make it unfortunately. Full line-up and more details at: https://louderthanwar.com/neil-innes-how-sweet-to-be-an-idiot-memorial-gig-28th-nov/ Quote
Panhead Posted November 26, 2024 Posted November 26, 2024 I went to three very different gigs last week. Tuesday was Within Temptation at Leeds Arena. I'm not a massive fan but someone gave me the tickets, so I wasn't turning down a free arena show. It was decent enough and visually impressive. Thursday night I saw Laura Jane Grace at The Key Club. The total opposite of Tuesday night. Small, sweaty and intimate. It did however have me craving an Against Me! tour. Then on Saturday night I saw We Are Scientists at the Brudenell. They played their second album in full and it was so much fun. Quote
The Gaffer Posted November 26, 2024 Posted November 26, 2024 Picked up a ticket for My Bloody Valentine in Dublin next December. A band I was never expecting to be able to cross off my list. Very much looking forward to getting the blackheads on my nose blasted off me. Quote
Merzbow Posted November 26, 2024 Posted November 26, 2024 2 hours ago, The Gaffer said: Picked up a ticket for My Bloody Valentine in Dublin next December. A band I was never expecting to be able to cross off my list. Very much looking forward to getting the blackheads on my nose blasted off me. Easily the loudest band I've heard live, Sunn O))) come close but it wasn't as good. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted November 26, 2024 Posted November 26, 2024 I saw My Bloody Valentine back in 2013. My mate bought the tickets thinking he was buying for Bullet For My Valentine. I didn’t even want to go that but he’s a big fan of them and I didn’t have the heart to tell him no. The mix up worked out in my favour and I had a great night. He wasn’t so keen Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted November 27, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 27, 2024 13 hours ago, Merzbow said: Easily the loudest band I've heard live, Sunn O))) come close but it wasn't as good. Same here, on both counts. Fucked my hearing for about two weeks afterwards, as it was when I was still stupid and didn't wear earplugs. Soon changed that after. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted November 27, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 27, 2024 Got sent the pre-sale code for the Stardew Valley concert in Manchester in 2026 but Ticketmaster doesn’t let you buy 2 tickets when there’s only 3 seats left in a row. So fuck us I guess? Waiting for them to go on public sale to see if I can grab us a pair of tickets then. Ticketmaster can bite me. Quote
Paid Members Dead Mike Posted November 27, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 27, 2024 Went to see Bury Tomorrow on the weekend at Manchester Academy. They were decent but I've seen them better, felt like there was a bit of a disconnect between the audience and the band. Laura Jane Grace was great at 'Band On The Wall' last night. I've seen her a bunch and always love how there's no fat in the set & they judt plough through songs. The audience could've pretty much all qualified for the 'people who look like they stink' thread though. Got Joey Valence and Brae on Friday at Club Academy. Reports from this tour have been universally great so I'm hyped for it. Most of the recent rap shows I've been to have been older artists doing the nostalgia rounds. Be good to see a hiphop gig without the obligatory TuPac/Biggie/ODB tribute wasting time (aka the rap drum solo). Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted November 29, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 29, 2024 On 11/27/2024 at 9:50 AM, FLips said: Got sent the pre-sale code for the Stardew Valley concert in Manchester in 2026 but Ticketmaster doesn’t let you buy 2 tickets when there’s only 3 seats left in a row. So fuck us I guess? Waiting for them to go on public sale to see if I can grab us a pair of tickets then. Ticketmaster can bite me. They went on General Sale today and I managed to grab us both tickets without any fuss. I have a very excited wife now. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted November 29, 2024 Members Posted November 29, 2024 Got two for me and my eldest as well. I've never even played the game. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted November 29, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 29, 2024 If you're at the Manchester one I'll keep my eyes out for the miserable and confused looking Dad smuggling fizzy drinks in his coat. Quote
poetofthedeed Posted November 29, 2024 Posted November 29, 2024 On 11/27/2024 at 9:50 AM, FLips said: Got sent the pre-sale code for the Stardew Valley concert in Manchester in 2026 but Ticketmaster doesn’t let you buy 2 tickets when there’s only 3 seats left in a row. So fuck us I guess? Waiting for them to go on public sale to see if I can grab us a pair of tickets then. Ticketmaster can bite me. If this happens you in future, open ticketmaster in incognito mode and pick the single seat, then pick the 2 together in the regular browser and buy them, then just close the incognito tab. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.