wordsfromlee Posted February 2, 2025 Posted February 2, 2025 On 1/22/2025 at 11:43 AM, SuperBacon said: The Stones are playing four nights at the Spurs stadium. Had their biggest successes in the 60s and seen diminishing returns ever since and play on past glories and nostalgia. How fitting. I'll probably take my Dad to be fair. These gigs have been scrapped now apparently due to "logistical issues". Quote
Ironic Indie Lad Posted February 3, 2025 Posted February 3, 2025 Somehow AC/DC are doing another European run in the summer including a stop at Murrayfield in Edinburgh. I last saw them 15 years ago and they seemed ancient then. Quote
Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartz Posted February 8, 2025 Posted February 8, 2025 Got tickets to go and see Michael Shannon and Jason Narducy perform R.E.M. Fables Of The Reconstruction for its 40th anniversary. Love R.E.M.and Fables is my favourite IRS era album of theirs so this was a no brainer for me. Side note, I loved Michael Shannon as Van Alden in Boardwalk Empire, so it is shaping up to be a great night Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted February 10, 2025 Members Posted February 10, 2025 Levy in. Also playing Glasgow, Birmingham and Cardiff. Again happy to help out if there's a members sale and I can get more than two. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted February 10, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 10, 2025 I just discovered that The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart have reformed and are touring this year! The London date isn't until November, but that gives me plenty of time to a) convince my friends who love them that it's worth coming to London to watch them with me for the first time in over ten years, or b) to convince my friends in London that they are great and that we should go. Quote
Just Some Guy Posted February 10, 2025 Posted February 10, 2025 First gig of the year last Friday. Went to see King Kurt with a few friends. Now, the friends are all above average height so are happy to stand at the back. I am average height at best so like to go near the front. Anyway, I'm just behind the front row and notice that things are getting pretty lively behind me. Next thing I know someone from the pit has accidently caught me in the knee and I'm staring at the ceiling. Fortunately, I only had a mouthful of beer left! Spent the rest of the gig at a safe distance. King Kurt were very good though. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted February 11, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 11, 2025 got into pre-sale for the Sabbath gig, and the cheapest general admission tickets I could find were £329.50 before fees. Quote
Ironic Indie Lad Posted February 11, 2025 Posted February 11, 2025 15 minutes ago, BomberPat said: got into pre-sale for the Sabbath gig, and the cheapest general admission tickets I could find were £329.50 before fees. Got in with 34,000 people ahead of me. I think I can safely say I wont be going to this. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted February 11, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 11, 2025 I was half considering it, I no longer am. Lets get this livestream fired up! Quote
CTXRussomark Posted February 11, 2025 Posted February 11, 2025 I actually got in pretty quickly this morning but just couldn't justify paying the prices available. I'll try again during the next batch of releases as the message during the queue process said tickets started at under £200, but I suspect those are probably few and far between. Quote
Ironic Indie Lad Posted February 11, 2025 Posted February 11, 2025 Hopefully Metallica add a show or two of their own around this. Considering how often Metallica were here from St Anger to the Pandemic, feels like they have barely done anything in the UK for ages now. Quote
Ironic Indie Lad Posted February 11, 2025 Posted February 11, 2025 Just now, CTXRussomark said: I actually got in pretty quickly this morning but just couldn't justify paying the prices available. I'll try again during the next batch of releases as the message during the queue process said tickets started at under £200, but I suspect those are probably few and far between. What prices was it throwing up just out of interest? Seen various ones posted elsewhere before the on-sale but no idea if they are a shoot. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted February 11, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 11, 2025 4 minutes ago, Ironic Indie Lad said: What prices was it throwing up just out of interest? Seen various ones posted elsewhere before the on-sale but no idea if they are a shoot. there was a pop-up saying that prices started at £197.50, but I didn't see a single thing under £320 - of other people I've spoken to, they were mostly seeing £300+, one person saw a single ticket for £200. They go up to over £800. Quote
CTXRussomark Posted February 11, 2025 Posted February 11, 2025 (edited) 29 minutes ago, Ironic Indie Lad said: What prices was it throwing up just out of interest? Seen various ones posted elsewhere before the on-sale but no idea if they are a shoot. Similar to BomberPat above, though I was closer to £400 minimum. I stayed on the seat map for a while and saw tickets being released back as baskets expired, but nothing approaching a price I'd consider paying. For general admission standing in the front circle you were talking £600+ each and for seats right at the very back of the stadium £400+ each, so no idea where the £200 ones would be. Maybe restricted view. Edited February 11, 2025 by CTXRussomark wrong bomb Quote
LCJ Posted February 11, 2025 Posted February 11, 2025 What presale was this? I think the O2 priority Black Sabbath presale is tomorrow but from what I’m reading, I’m not too hopeful about that either. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.