Panhead Posted September 25, 2024 Posted September 25, 2024 The Last Dinner Party at Leeds Academy, last night. Their best songs are the singles for me. I don't think they'll be playing venues that size for a while though. The main support was Lucia & The Best Boys. They were very good. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted September 26, 2024 Paid Members Posted September 26, 2024 Totally forgot to mention going to see Goldie Lookin Chain at the Ferret in Preston at the start of September. Tiny venue with a tiny stage. There were six of them present (Adam Hussain, Eggsy, Rhys, Graham The Bear, Mike Balls, and Billy Webb) and they just rattled through some of their biggest songs. Because of how close to everyone they were it had a really intimate feel as well. Immense fun. I'm back at the Ferret later in October to see HENGE doing a 3 hour family matinee gig. Should be fun. Plus another trip to the Hotpots in November. When my passport arrives I'll have a look at getting out to Europe to see Justice since they don't seem to be coming over here anytime soon, unless they're announced as one of the other two headliners at Lytham festival next year. Quote
Kfogg1991 Posted September 26, 2024 Posted September 26, 2024 19 hours ago, Jazzy G said: Totally forgot to mention going to see Goldie Lookin Chain at the Ferret in Preston at the start of September. Tiny venue with a tiny stage. There were six of them present (Adam Hussain, Eggsy, Rhys, Graham The Bear, Mike Balls, and Billy Webb) and they just rattled through some of their biggest songs. Because of how close to everyone they were it had a really intimate feel as well. Immense fun. I'm back at the Ferret later in October to see HENGE doing a 3 hour family matinee gig. Should be fun. Plus another trip to the Hotpots in November. When my passport arrives I'll have a look at getting out to Europe to see Justice since they don't seem to be coming over here anytime soon, unless they're announced as one of the other two headliners at Lytham festival next year. I'm pretty bummed out I had a ticket for glc in Preston but ended up having a small gig I played which was paid couldn't turn down one day I'll see em. Got slightly disappointed when I found out maggot had left and apparently is now a successful financial advisor or something he quickly realised he hated fame after big brother and got away from it which is so respectable as most people do anything for a second of fame Quote
Paid Members Accident Prone Posted September 27, 2024 Paid Members Posted September 27, 2024 Off to Senses Fail tonight, I think it's my first gig since Slam Dunk 2022. Gonna be crying (figuratively) with every word, especially as it's just the super old stuff and none of the new stuff. And by "new", I mean anything post-2004. Quote
The Gaffer Posted September 29, 2024 Posted September 29, 2024 Saw Big Country with my parents and younger sister last night. They've obviously been essentially a tribute band/celebration night since Stuart Adamson's passing but it's very much done with heart and gusto and they can still jam. They also played Steeltown in full - their best album - and seem to have retained a die hard following that has them sell out 500 capacity venues with people who all look like my dad. I get on well with my folks but we're a decidedly non-verbal family when it comes to intimacy and communicating feelings. I'm the outlier of the group. Thanks, therapy! So in a weird fucking way this is sort of how we do it and how we all know the other person's on the level. I didn't have a night out with them in awhile so it was lovely. My dad's a total stoic with things like this and we had to really pull him into it. It'll besmirch Adamson's memory. It's a gimmick. Etc. I really wanted him to enjoy it. I turned around after the first song and he was jumping up and down, roaring something about their b-sides into his schoolmate's ear. Unexpectedly special gig. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted September 29, 2024 Paid Members Posted September 29, 2024 I've finally applied to get my passport renewed, 8 years after it expired, and have been looking for an excuse to use it. If tickets are still available when it arrives I'm conte plating a trip to see Justice in Nantes in February. Looks like an interesting city as well, so maybe I'll try and spin a long weekend out of it and do some tourism. It'd be nice to visit France legally. Quote
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted October 1, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 1, 2024 Currently en route to Cardiff for Kneecap tonight. Hoping the hype generated from the film carries over to it being a fully sold out crowd. Quote
Awards Moderator Frankie Crisp Posted October 3, 2024 Awards Moderator Posted October 3, 2024 Just in case any Cure fans aren’t on social media, they’re doing a performance at the BBC at the end of the month. Tickets are being issued after a free ballot, which you can enter until 9th October. Link If any of you get a ticket and I don’t, I’m going to hunt you down and cover you in lipstick. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted October 4, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 4, 2024 On 9/29/2024 at 2:15 PM, Jazzy G said: I've finally applied to get my passport renewed, 8 years after it expired, and have been looking for an excuse to use it. If tickets are still available when it arrives I'm conte plating a trip to see Justice in Nantes in February. Looks like an interesting city as well, so maybe I'll try and spin a long weekend out of it and do some tourism. It'd be nice to visit France legally. Its probably not much closer, but Justice are playing Ally Pally Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted October 4, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 4, 2024 8 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said: Its probably not much closer, but Justice are playing Ally Pally Yeah. Tickets go on sale at 10am. They're about the same price as the France tickets from what I've seen, although if there's dynamic pricing invovled it'll be anybody's guess. I can't imagine there'll be that different a price between a few days in London for that, and a few days in Nantes, plus there's a Jules Verne museum. Quote
Merzbow Posted October 4, 2024 Posted October 4, 2024 I saw Godspeed You! Black Emperor again last night, still the greatest post-rock band to ever do it. I've never seen a band be so loud and heavy while also being just downright beautiful sounding, it's apocalyptic while also sounded hopeful. Plus they brought out the taped up amp again to piss off any nobs. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted October 4, 2024 Members Posted October 4, 2024 9 minutes ago, Merzbow said: I've never seen a band be so loud and heavy while also being just downright beautiful sounding, it's apocalyptic while also sounded hopeful. Excellent! I think I've told this before but the first time I saw Mogwai, I genuinely had an out of body experience it was such a mixture of those two things, delicate chaos. It was the greatest feeling I'd ever experienced and this was back in 2001 before they'd released my favourite album. I can't even imagine what I'd feel if I saw them play Ratts Of The Capital live. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted October 4, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 4, 2024 I need to see Godspeed again. I saw them at ATP and thought they were awful, one of the biggest disappointments of any gig I've been to. It might have been a bad night, the wrong setting, or I was on the wrong drugs. Everyone else I know who has seen them elsewhere has said they were incredible; sounds like my brother was at the same gig as Merzbow, and he's been raving about it. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted October 4, 2024 Members Posted October 4, 2024 1 hour ago, BomberPat said: like my brother was at the same gig as Merzbow, Merzbro Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted October 4, 2024 Members Posted October 4, 2024 9 hours ago, Jazzy G said: Yeah. Tickets go on sale at 10am. They're about the same price as the France tickets from what I've seen, although if there's dynamic pricing invovled it'll be anybody's guess. I can't imagine there'll be that different a price between a few days in London for that, and a few days in Nantes, plus there's a Jules Verne museum. They're being sold via Dice FM at just over £50. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.