Paid Members DEF Posted February 10, 2024 Paid Members Posted February 10, 2024 Next Saturday at The Blackheart Camden this is going to be a blinder if you are into Synthwave/Dark synth. House of Serpents is the side project of the lead singer from Lebrock. Quote
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted February 11, 2024 Paid Members Posted February 11, 2024 Currently on the train for gig 2 of the year. If anyone happens to be a mid 2000s pop punk emo kid and is at Simple Plan/Mayday Parade tonight come say hey. Quote
The Gaffer Posted February 11, 2024 Posted February 11, 2024 Went round to visit a mates on Friday night and we ended up organising and booking ourselves into the Mr. Bungle show in Berlin. I'm not versed whatsoever on the world of Patton but the mate is and he said they're likely to just play Raging Wrath of the Easter Bunny. Fine by me, though. He had it on the background and I liked what I heard. Trash always goes down well live with me. Oxbow are meant to be great too but I have yet to go through them. Quote
deathrey Posted February 11, 2024 Posted February 11, 2024 I've been wanting to see Mr Bungle for 20 odd years, my sister went to America to see them when this tour was going to be a one off but I couldn't go because I worked in a school and it was term time (even met Glenn Howerton there). It's difficult for me to get childcare so I've had to give this set of gigs a miss. I'm not overly upset as The Raging Wrath of the Easter Bunny is not my favourite, I really wish they would tour some of their other stuff. I would give my left arm to see a tour of Disco Volante and California material, I really hope they tour something other than Raging Wrath. 2 hours ago, The Gaffer said: I'm not versed whatsoever on the world of Patton but the mate is and he said they're likely to just play Raging Wrath of the Easter Bunny. Fine by me, though. He had it on the background and I liked what I heard. Trash always goes down well live with me. I'm a biased Patton superfan but you are in for a treat my friend. Quote
Awards Moderator Frankie Crisp Posted February 12, 2024 Awards Moderator Posted February 12, 2024 (edited) Booked all kinds lately. We’ve got The Zutons in a few weeks, in a tiny local venue and gigs are the best in tiny local venues. After that, it’s Rob Vincent, Kate Nash, Snuff (with @Philo_Vance), then Springsteen in Sunderland and then in London. Booked that Kendal Calling thing, too, and despite having to buy a ticket that funds Noel Gallagher’s haircuts, there are some boss little bands on the bill that’ll make the fart tent worth it for my significantly better half. It won’t. Edited February 12, 2024 by Frankie Crisp Quote
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted February 12, 2024 Paid Members Posted February 12, 2024 Absolutely loved last night, Mayday Parade will always be that band for me and enjoyed it so much it made me decide to jiggle some holiday space around and book myself a reticket for The Blackout in Cardiff next Thursday as I think the atmosphere will be better than the Birmingham gig. Then essentially festival season starts for me so it's a good but busy few months coming up. Quote
Keith Houchen Posted February 15, 2024 Posted February 15, 2024 Might be of interest to some / @gmoney Magnetic Fields playing 2 London and 2 Manchester dates. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted February 15, 2024 Paid Members Posted February 15, 2024 That is very much of interest! Cheers mate. Quote
Magnum Milano Posted February 16, 2024 Posted February 16, 2024 On 2/12/2024 at 7:29 PM, Frankie Crisp said: Booked that Kendal Calling thing, too, and despite having to buy a ticket that funds Noel Gallagher’s haircuts, there are some boss little bands on the bill that’ll make the fart tent worth it for my significantly better half. It won’t. We went last year and had a great time. Arrived on the Thursday and left Sunday morning. My mate was playing in Tim Peak's Diner, so a couple of us went as part of his "entourage" and got free entry. Chic and Nile Rodgers were the undoubted highlight for me, although we saw Riding the Low (Paddy Considine's band) in an intimate gig in front of about 75 people, if that, and they were fucking incredible. Paddy is one awesome front man. I'd definitely recommend Tim Peak's Diner; it's away from the main hustle and bustle but they have live music throughout the day and it only got uncomfortable busy the once, when a band called The Lathums played. Tim Burgess did a cool acoustic gig the one afternoon too. You can grab a coffee, sit, relax, and although away from the main stages, not too far that you can't see/hear what is going on. It was my first experience of a festival and I'd also recommend trying to drink/eat as little as possible in the actual festival grounds and just do so at your tent/camper before going in, prices were ridiculously expensive and I can only imagine they'll be even more so this year. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted February 16, 2024 Members Posted February 16, 2024 That Kendal Calling looks pretty good, but Gary Neville B2B Tim Burgess definitely belongs in the "Things you know will be shit" thread. Quote
Kfogg1991 Posted February 16, 2024 Posted February 16, 2024 I genuinely can't express in words how fucking excited I am for Monday. Seeing the blackout in Manchester again for the 25th time and I cannot fucking wait for this I have waited 9 years but it's nearly here and I feel like a 23 year old again hahaha. Albeit this time I've got a disabled seat reserved in there because I'm completely broken as a human now but I am happy to put myself in pain for the next week for this one. Quote
Moderators neil Posted February 16, 2024 Moderators Posted February 16, 2024 5 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said: can't express in words Sometimes adding the word "fuck" or "fucking" can be used to emphasise your feelings. Quote
Keith Houchen Posted February 16, 2024 Posted February 16, 2024 I’m bloody fucking going to see fucking Bowling fucking For fucking Soup and fucking Less fucking Than fucking Jake fucking tomorrow. I didn’t get a fucking disabled seat so will be fucking stood at the fucking back with my fucking walking stick Cant say I care for either band, really but I’m sure it’ll be fun. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted February 16, 2024 Paid Members Posted February 16, 2024 I've seen Less Than Jake, many years ago, and they were fun enough back then. Of course Ska Punk ages like fine wine, so I'm sure it'll be a great show in 2024... Quote
Keith Houchen Posted February 16, 2024 Posted February 16, 2024 6 minutes ago, gmoney said: I've seen Less Than Jake, many years ago, and they were fun enough back then. Of course Ska Punk ages like fine wine, so I'm sure it'll be a great show in 2024... By “Fine Wine” you mean “Luke Littler”, don’t you. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.