Gigs and concerts

Carbomb

• Paid Members

Next Saturday at The Blackheart Camden this is going to be a blinder if you are into Synthwave/Dark synth. House of Serpents is the side project of the lead singer from Lebrock. 

Untitled_Artwork.jpeg

Went round to visit a mates on Friday night and we ended up organising and booking ourselves into the Mr. Bungle show in Berlin. 

I'm not versed whatsoever on the world of Patton but the mate is and he said they're likely to just play Raging Wrath of the Easter Bunny. Fine by me, though. He had it on the background and I liked what I heard. Trash always goes down well live with me. 

Oxbow are meant to be great too but I have yet to go through them. 

I've been wanting to see Mr Bungle for 20 odd years, my sister went to America to see them when this tour was going to be a one off but I couldn't go because I worked in a school and it was term time (even met Glenn Howerton there).  It's difficult for me to get childcare so I've had to give this set of gigs a miss. I'm not overly upset as The Raging Wrath of the Easter Bunny is not my favourite, I really wish they would tour some of their other stuff. I would give my left arm to see a tour of  Disco Volante and California material, I really hope they tour something other than Raging Wrath.

2 hours ago, The Gaffer said:

I'm not versed whatsoever on the world of Patton but the mate is and he said they're likely to just play Raging Wrath of the Easter Bunny. Fine by me, though. He had it on the background and I liked what I heard. Trash always goes down well live with me.

I'm a biased Patton superfan but you are in for a treat my friend.

• Awards Moderator

Booked all kinds lately. We’ve got The Zutons in a few weeks, in a tiny local venue and gigs are the best in tiny local venues.

After that, it’s Rob Vincent, Kate Nash, Snuff (with @Philo_Vance), then Springsteen in Sunderland and then in London.

Booked that Kendal Calling thing, too, and despite having to buy a ticket that funds Noel Gallagher’s haircuts, there are some boss little bands on the bill that’ll make the fart tent worth it for my significantly better half.

It won’t.

Edited by Frankie Crisp

• Paid Members

Absolutely loved last night, Mayday Parade will always be that band for me and enjoyed it so much it made me decide to jiggle some holiday space around and book myself a reticket for The Blackout in Cardiff next Thursday as I think the atmosphere will be better than the Birmingham gig.

Then essentially festival season starts for me so it's a good but busy few months coming up.

On 2/12/2024 at 7:29 PM, Frankie Crisp said:

Booked that Kendal Calling thing, too, and despite having to buy a ticket that funds Noel Gallagher’s haircuts, there are some boss little bands on the bill that’ll make the fart tent worth it for my significantly better half.

It won’t.

We went last year and had a great time.  Arrived on the Thursday and left Sunday morning.  My mate was playing in Tim Peak's Diner, so a couple of us went as part of his "entourage" and got free entry.  Chic and Nile Rodgers were the undoubted highlight for me, although we saw Riding the Low (Paddy Considine's band) in an intimate gig in front of about 75 people, if that, and they were fucking incredible.  Paddy is one awesome front man.  I'd definitely recommend Tim Peak's Diner; it's away from the main hustle and bustle but they have live music throughout the day and it only got uncomfortable busy the once, when a band called The Lathums played.  Tim Burgess did a cool acoustic gig the one afternoon too.  You can grab a coffee, sit, relax, and although away from the main stages, not too far that you can't see/hear what is going on.  It was my first experience of a festival and I'd also recommend trying to drink/eat as little as possible in the actual festival grounds and just do so at your tent/camper before going in, prices were ridiculously expensive and I can only imagine they'll be even more so this year.

I genuinely can't express in words how fucking excited I am for Monday. Seeing the blackout in Manchester again for the 25th time and I cannot fucking wait for this I have waited 9 years but it's nearly here and I feel like a 23 year old again hahaha.

Albeit this time I've got a disabled seat reserved in there because I'm completely broken as a human now but I am happy to put myself in pain for the next week for this one.

I’m bloody fucking going to see fucking Bowling fucking For fucking Soup and fucking Less fucking Than fucking Jake fucking tomorrow. I didn’t get a fucking disabled seat so will be fucking stood at the fucking back with my fucking walking stick

Cant say I care for either band, really but I’m sure it’ll be fun. 

6 minutes ago, gmoney said:

I've seen Less Than Jake, many years ago, and they were fun enough back then. Of course Ska Punk ages like fine wine, so I'm sure it'll be a great show in 2024...

By “Fine Wine” you mean “Luke Littler”, don’t you.