Gigs and concerts

Carbomb

8 hours ago, Rockbus2 said:

Symposium and 'A' was off the charts in Manchester last night. Neither band were missing a beat and 'A' played a new track for the first time in 22 years. Off to Snuff doing an acoustic set in a little place in Hull in a mo.

I stumbled into the fourth stage at download this year just having a wander and see what's what the first day and went into the tent and A were literally just about to go on stage and start and the lack of people there and how empty it was genuinely felt sad and shitty to see. I stuck around for a couple of songs and they were tight man and enjoyable I would definitely check them out if they happen to be playing a festival over here again and don't clash.

Obliged to share this seeing as they've been bought up.

On 7/3/2023 at 1:17 PM, SuperBacon said:

This absolute turd of a song came on shuffle the other day.

Now I listen to some fairly 'shit' stuff, whether that be nu metal, or pop punk from the early 00s, but this song is just atrocious.

It's such a cynical attempt at a "big" nu metal song, and just sounds so forced and manufactured, with that horrible overproduction of the guitars that everyone loved back then.

Plus it has these awful unnecessary 'beepy boopy' keyboards and the cunt singing "Gimme some love, gimme some skin" What a cretin. 

It's even worse than their Starbucks song and that's saying something.

Hate crime of a song.

29 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Obliged

Same

On 7/3/2023 at 5:48 PM, Merzbow said:

Keith ain't here to confirm that they were shot at in Hillfields with an air rifle when they were playing the Colly.

Edit - @Panhead I normally drive to gigs because of our mobility issues, but saw there was fuck all in the way of parking, so decided on ubering it to and fro. Getting there was fine but nobody would accept the return journey (probably because it wasn’t that far and they could get a better fare). The black cabs out front said they were booked when I asked if they’d take me to Chorlton, at least one guy said his was a minivan and it would cost me loads. I hobbled up to the main road and saw a black cab with his light on, admittedly I laid it on a bit thick when me and my walking stick eventually made it to him and he took pity on us and took us home. Lovely fella, I even tipped him!

Edited by Keith Houchen

• Paid Members
On 11/16/2023 at 11:28 AM, Keith Houchen said:

Also, Manchesters Victoria Warehouse is possibly the worst venue I’ve been to. It would be great for a rave but for bands it’s diabolical. About 20% of the audience aren’t in the main room and are in the bit where the bars are. Disability access is non existent and getting into the venue took an age. I’d heard terrible things about the place and they weren’t lying!

I saw Beck at Victoria Warehouse in July 2022 and caught Covid there.

Hotpots were great last Saturday. They've got a new, actual, support act, rather than a few members of the band doing the Stu Penders & Spladoosh skit, which always had the audience in stitches. His name is Andy Mack, and he's a bloke with an acoustic guitar doing the kind of drunken sing/shout along stuff music students used to do at their after club parties when I was in Uni.  He had a decent voice, but it was nothing out of the ordinary.

Hotpots did some new songs, which I think are on the way in January, and the usual bangers. They just get better and better every time we see them. They also did this one, an innuendo laden number along the lines of their song about baking.

Guest list tickets to award winning Prog Rock legends Focus on Tuesday night in Blackpool. This has the potential to be a mind blowing experience. I'm also bracing myself for my mate and I to be the youngest ones in the audience.

1 minute ago, jazzygeofferz said:
On 11/16/2023 at 11:28 AM, Keith Houchen said:

I saw Beck at Victoria Warehouse in July 2022 and caught Covid there.

Ha, think we’ve both caught it too! I had my booster so I’m not too bad but my girlfriend is incapacitated. 

1 minute ago, Kfogg1991 said:

Yeah I know there an English band

Cool, it’s just you said if they happen to play a festival over here. I took that as you thought they were not of these shores but you meant it as one of those “Wouldn’t go to one of their gigs but would check them out if they were at a festival you were at”. Apologies, mate!

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Keith Houchen said:

Ha, think we’ve both caught it too! I had my booster so I’m not too bad but my girlfriend is incapacitated. 

I'd been triple vaxxed but it still knocked me on my arse for a couple of months.