Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

The touts and T-shirt lads were out in full force outside Manchester Arena the other night too (Queens of the Stone Age, who were tremendous). Right in front of the arena stewards / security people, which I thought was rather brazen. You used to have to wander down the road away from the venue to find that sort of thing. I guess the staff have got more pressing priorities these days, rifling through everyone's bags on the way in and all that.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I saw the Yeah Yeah Yeahs last year and the bootleg T shirts outside were the exact same design as the official ones inside, I couldn't believe it. I was impressed although I did always like the old ghetto bootleg designs at gigs, they often looked cooler than the legit ones.

Posted

The same bootleggers are outside Nottingham arena after every show. One bloke in particular always seems to sell a really nice military green shirt with a cool design of whoever is playing that night. Got a Gojira one off them for a tenner when they were 40 quid inside the venue.

Posted

My concern about modern snide shirts is they may still be wearable after one wash and not faded and falling apart. Snide shirt games gone lads. Probably. These new woke shirts might be worth a tenner. 
 

Oh, @SuperBacon I’m reliably informed they did play Star Girl!

Posted

I bet they're using the same Gildan shirts as the official forty quid ones at metal shows. I've noticed smaller artists are using better, eco friendly shirts these days, even though it costs them more and they sell for less.

  • Members
Posted
1 hour ago, King Coconut said:

Seeing Gladys Knight live is bucket list level for me but it's never worked out. Next June it's on! #prayforgladys

This reminds me that I REALLY wanted to see Diana Ross last month, but couldn't afford it and felt crap around the time anyway.

Imagine how good Diana Ross is live, even at her advanced (Thunderplex level) age.

Posted

Symposium and 'A' was off the charts in Manchester last night. Neither band were missing a beat and 'A' played a new track for the first time in 22 years. Off to Snuff doing an acoustic set in a little place in Hull in a mo.

Posted
2 minutes ago, King Mal the Glorious said:

Who's playing?

Just seen a tour for next March announced with Napalm Death, Wormrot, Pig Destroyer and Primitive Man. They're playing Newcastle the day before I head to Leeds for Enslaved and Donny Benet the day after. Stacked week!

spacer.png

And yeah I'm very tempted to go to the London Napalm gig, need to see Wormrot at some point.

  • Paid Members
Posted
4 hours ago, Rockbus2 said:

Symposium and 'A' was off the charts in Manchester last night. Neither band were missing a beat and 'A' played a new track for the first time in 22 years.

Going to London tomorrow

Posted
On 11/16/2023 at 11:28 AM, Keith Houchen said:

Took my girlfriend to see McFly last night. She’s been a fan since they started and had never seen them. I’ve seen loads of rock and guitar pop acts over the years and McFly are one of the tightest live I’ve seen. Not sure what I was expecting to be honest but as a band they were solid, with some greatly crafted unashamed pop songs. A really fun night out, a fanbase of varying ages having a brilliant time. 
 

Also, Manchesters Victoria Warehouse is possibly the worst venue I’ve been to. It would be great for a rave but for bands it’s diabolical. About 20% of the audience aren’t in the main room and are in the bit where the bars are. Disability access is non existent and getting into the venue took an age. I’d heard terrible things about the place and they weren’t lying!

I saw Spiritbox there in July. It's definitely the worst venue I've been to in Manchester. It was a nightmare to find parking near it too. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...