Gigs and concerts

Carbomb

8 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I’m bloody fucking going to see fucking Bowling fucking For fucking Soup and fucking Less fucking Than fucking Jake fucking tomorrow. I didn’t get a fucking disabled seat so will be fucking stood at the fucking back with my fucking walking stick

Cant say I care for either band, really but I’m sure it’ll be fun. 

🎵She's fucking watching fucking wrestling, fucking creaming over fucking tough guys🎵

Less Than Jake are great live. That'll be a blast.

Again I apologise I just type what's in my head and don't think or process how it reads to normal humans but I stand by every single bit of the last post 9 years I've waited I'm genuinely giddy.

I got offered a free VIP ticket for bowling for soup and less than Jake for tomorrow in Manchester but I passed on it this time with me going to Manchester on Monday and if being a very expensive evening for me I can't throw it on my missus I'm doing a impromptu journey tomorrow too she will kill me 

Love the guys in bowling for soup I've known Jarrett for a while now but I've never seen less than Jake which kills me but hopefully one day touch wood

Enjoy the show man. Expect bowling's set to be extremely fun but drawn out with more interludes and break's to catch breath than people watching the show lol 

31 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

Again I apologise

Don’t. Be you as much as you can. You stand out from the crowd with your enthusiasm and personality so to change that would be boring. 

I think I’ll be one of the few people there who has never seen BFS but has seen Jaret Ray Reddick do his solo country show!

45 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

Again I apologise I just type what's in my head and don't think or process how it reads to normal humans but I stand by every single bit of the last post 9 years I've waited I'm genuinely giddy.

Yeah, don't apologise for your enthusiasm, we're all just gently having a laugh. There are bigger things we can take the piss out of more, and have in the past I reckon.

48 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

I got offered a free VIP ticket for bowling for soup and less than Jake

Clang!

48 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

Love the guys in bowling for soup I've known Jarrett for a while now

Clang-a-lang-a-lang.

There we go! 😆

There last album was actually quite good it had some great older sounding soup style songs but man they have definitely....changed since the days of 1985 and girls all the bad guys want but still fun if you have the chance too check them out. 

Less than Jake are in that group of ska punk bands with absolute anthems but I have never had the opportunity. Seen reel big fish, seen nofx, goldfinger, zebrahead. Hopefully one day.

Also thank you it's not easy to gage if it's banter or not when it's on a forum without the full person just words typed without the passion and feeling projecting them.

7 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

Also thank you it's not easy to gage if it's banter or not when it's on a forum without the full person just words typed without the passion and feeling projecting them.

Very true mate. The written word often has no tone or nuance. 

Enjoy The Blackout, hope they play that one song I know and like, Higher & Higher. Great tune.

2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Very true mate. The written word often has no tone or nuance. 

Enjoy The Blackout, hope they play that one song I know and like, Higher & Higher. Great tune.

They will be Man. Honestly 25 times seeing them live. In the nine years they have been split up I'm now really proud and happy to say I'm friends with Sean, Gav, snoz and I've booked and worked with raider's Sean's other band. I got given a free ticket for download festival last year to be at there comeback set and also bring me the horizon headlining both bands mean everything too me my oldest son is called Ollie after Oli Sykes so yeah man everyone has to be passionate and in love with in life. 

Some people are obsessed with football and that stuff music legitimately is the reason I'm still here and breathing, I would have been dead ten times over without music. When I was in hospital with encephalitis my fiancé had just had our oldest boy and got told I had to get through the night and it was 50/50 if I lived or died and my partner put mg headphone in and played me music that I love and it did something that made me fight and pull through it and led to me being here and alive now. 

• Paid Members

Off to see Stornoway in Newcastle tonight. Still chuffed they got back together after we went on their farewell tour years ago. The new album was lovely so looking forward to hearing the new material live.

Took my kid to his first gig last night to see BFS and less than jake. Think he was a bit overwhelmed by the noise and the crowd but said he enjoyed it and would like to go again so that’s a good start!

The opening band Vandoliers we’re pretty cool too. Some of their songs had a bit of a flogging molly vibe to them, and they had good energy on stage.

Less than jake are one of those bands that I’ve never owned an album of but know a ton of songs via osmosis, and they are always an entertaining show.  I remember one year they played Reading and had a huge circle pit going right around the scaffold tower in the middle of the crowd with the sound desk and stuff on it…I’d be knackered in about 20 seconds these days.

Really made me miss the days of seeing Lightyear/4ft fingers/Capdown/Spunge for £4 a ticket

• Paid Members

Are Less Than Jake / Bowling for soup alternating the headline slot? 

Me and the Mrs are off to the Cardiff show next week. Less Than Jake are probably one of my favourite bands, and whilst I don't dislike them, I'm not too bothered about BFS. Hopefully LTJ go on first and I can get an earlier-ish train back and avoid the Friday night carnage. 

I don't think they are swapping headlining but LTJ played a pretty solid set last night and got a good amount of time. They had a decent stage setup and played about 14 songs. 

BFS are entertaining enough between songs to make it worth staying if you have got tickets matey, and they split the more known songs throughout the set if you wanna hear phineas and ferb lol

• Paid Members

Decided to get myself a resale ticket for The Blackout in Cardiff Thursday rather than seeing them in Birmingham. 

Just feels like it'd be a more special show back in Wales after being away for so long.

Genuinely super excited to see them. While I've been a fan since the days I was slightly shorter and much less of a gut, I always figured I'd missed the chance seeing them live after finally feeling comfortable enough going to gigs again, so getting to see them at Download last year and now at Cardiff this week is ace.

5 hours ago, TibBo said:

Took my kid to his first gig last night to see BFS and less than jake. Think he was a bit overwhelmed by the noise and the crowd but said he enjoyed it and would like to go again so that’s a good start!

The opening band Vandoliers we’re pretty cool too. Some of their songs had a bit of a flogging molly vibe to them, and they had good energy on stage.

Less than jake are one of those bands that I’ve never owned an album of but know a ton of songs via osmosis, and they are always an entertaining show.  I remember one year they played Reading and had a huge circle pit going right around the scaffold tower in the middle of the crowd with the sound desk and stuff on it…I’d be knackered in about 20 seconds these days.

Really made me miss the days of seeing Lightyear/4ft fingers/Capdown/Spunge for £4 a ticket

I just read this post to my partner and she loved it! She said they did the same thing at Leeds. Now she’s telling me how she saw Capdown loads and wasn’t into 4ft Fingers. She’s saying how she had Capdown stuff on her bedroom wall and that wave of nostalgia has really cheered her up and put a smile on her face. So thanks for that!!

I'm contemplating spending a little too much to see Slowdive in a couple of days, I should have bought a ticket before they sold out but money was tight. They're the only one of the big three shoegaze bands I've never seen live.