Gigs and concerts

Carbomb

• 2 weeks later...

Saw The Hives again last night, for the second time in a fortnight (fifth time overall). It was a last-minute show that sold out in less than a minute, which meant the crowd was made up of hardcore fans who knew all the songs and were all happy to be there (it was one of the most good-natured crowds I've ever been in), and being in such a small venue (the 900-capacity Leadmill in Sheffield) made everything feel so much more intense. I love how the band has been around for 30-something years but they still all seem like a bunch of lads just enjoying themselves and having a laugh - there's no pretentiousness, they all seem like they'd be perfectly affable if you bumped into them in the street, yet all together they make some of the finest and most entertaining punky rock n' roll imaginable. They really are an absolute treasure.

Edited by CAREBEAR LUVVA

Charli XCX has an arena tour in November but it's going to be 45 quid minimum I think, I saw her only in 2022 and it cost me around £15.. I might be waiting for last second resale tickets for that one.

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

Saw The Hives again last night, for the second time in a fortnight (fifth time overall). It was a last-minute show that sold out in less than a minute, which meant the crowd was made up of hardcore fans who knew all the songs and were all happy to be there (it was one of the most good-natured crowds I've ever been in), and being in such a small venue (the 900-capacity Leadmill in Sheffield) made everything feel so much more intense. I love how the band has been around for 30-something years but they still all seem like a bunch of lads just enjoying themselves and having a laugh - there's no pretentiousness, they all seem like they'd be perfectly affable if you bumped into them in the street, yet all together they make some of the finest and most entertaining punky rock n' roll imaginable. They really are an absolute treasure.

I was at this too! It was one of the best gigs I've been to in a very long time, I really think The Hives might be the best live act going. Pelle certainly a contender for best front man in Rock n' Roll. Really buzzing I was able to bag tickets for it, knowing how quickly it sold out.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

As the father of a 14yo who is bang into this sort of shit, I'm absolutely going to have to go this.

spacer.png

Just hoping there is nice food and somewhere for me to sit.

I guarantee this will be the oldest I've ever felt at a gig.

With that line up sitting down will only ever inevitably lead to falling asleep to lo-fi beats so I send you my best wishes. 

Tempted to go see Pierce The Veil Friday but I both have a 10am start Saturday morning and I'm finding going to gigs by myself rubbish recently when they involve travel and the likes. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I'm not sure if this belongs here, or in the stand up thread but my Mum and I are off to see I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue getting recorded at King George's Hall on Monday niht. Jack Dee is chairing, alongside Samantha, as always. The panelists are Henning Wehn, Tony Hawks, Marcus Brigstocke, and Vicki Pepperdine. Also, Colin Sell will be setting some things to music as well, unless they have a new Maestro since the old one failed its MOT.

Oh, we've also got tickets to two Lancashire Hotpots gigs (surprise surprise) in July and November.

Edited by Jazzy G
How could I forget Colin Sell on the piano? No, honestly, I actually need advice on how to do it...

• Paid Members

I saw them years ago being supported by a local group, I think called hey pablo or something similar, and the Ping Pong Bitches.

It might have been my first gig, that or AC/DC, but still the ping pong bitches stand out as the worst musical act I've ever seen and I don't think anyone in the room that night thought different. The cheer that went up when they said the next one was the last song was something.

Tried to get accessible Frank Turner tickets but because it’s the Academy, you have to phone them up and of course, they’d gone instantly. Was even calling ten minutes before sale time. 

They said what to do in future is buy a ticket and then call them, and if the accessible ones are all gone, as in a free ticket for your carer, you can get a refund on the ticket you bought which is fair enough. Trouble is, the gig totally sold out in minutes and we were trying for them too!  Ah well, maybe next time. 

1 hour ago, Tommy! said:

I saw them years ago being supported by a local group, I think called hey pablo or something similar, and the Ping Pong Bitches.

It might have been my first gig, that or AC/DC, but still the ping pong bitches stand out as the worst musical act I've ever seen and I don't think anyone in the room that night thought different. The cheer that went up when they said the next one was the last song was something.

There were tons of bands called hey pablo for a few months in the early 2000s lol 

keith, is the accessible bit a separate sectioned-off area of the venue? Not too familiar with it