Gigs and concerts

Carbomb

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Off to see Filter tomorrow, one of the very few bucketlist type bands left on on my list, absolutely delighted.

A mate went to Manchester the other night and said they were excellent. Check the timings though as they came on early & the whole thing was done by 9 30pm.

I saw them last year with Municipal Waste and they were still brilliant. I've never been Joey's biggest fan but he's gotten way better live. The whole setlist was belting which helped and they've started to play some John Bush era stuff.

2 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

Joey Belladonna struggles a bit these days. The rest of the band are still great. 

I dunno, I thought he was really good on the last tour, way better than I've seen from him previously.

Edited by cobra_gordo

• Paid Members
On 3/14/2024 at 8:02 AM, Dead Mike said:

A mate went to Manchester the other night and said they were excellent. Check the timings though as they came on early & the whole thing was done by 9 30pm.

Already have, curfew is 10pm :D

• Paid Members
On 3/14/2024 at 8:02 AM, Dead Mike said:

Can confirm Filter were excellent, great show. Finished at half 10 though the bastards.

Two gigs in two nights, I'm getting old for this..

Went to a harsh noise show on Saturday which was surprisingly well attended, faces I'd never seen at these shows before and everyone was really into it. The promotor now has me playing one of his shows in July!

Sunday was Wallowing and Conan, both sounding better than I've ever heard from them before and the place was rammed. Bile Caster were a support I didn't know and they were slow as molasses, perfect sludge.

32 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Sunday was Wallowing and Conan, both sounding better than I've ever heard from them before and the place was rammed. Bile Caster were a support I didn't know and they were slow as molasses, perfect sludge.

We played with them the Saturday night in Nottingham at Rough Trade. Played with both before and Wallowing are good friends of ours but they were both unreal the other night, Conan especially. Did you catch Voidlurker?

Was at the Conan/Wallowing show in Sheffield on Friday night. Great showing from all 3 acts (Gozer opened the night) but being shoved upstairs at Corporation because the main room was being occupied by a Mötley Crüe tribute act was a disgrace. @cobra_gordo I’d already bought the tickets before I was aware you were on the Nottingham date, otherwise I’d have come down for that one.

Just booked two gigs which are probably as far apart as could possibly be. 
Suffocation w/ Distant (who I’ve seen before and fucking suck), Sworn Amongst (who were in the year below me at college) and Cavekiller at The Hairy Dog in Derby in June, then I’m off to Madness at Kirkstall Abby (which definitely sounds like it should be a Hammer Horror film) at the end of July

Edited by WyattSheepMask