Paid Members Egg Shen Posted March 14, 2024 Paid Members Posted March 14, 2024 Off to see Filter tomorrow, one of the very few bucketlist type bands left on on my list, absolutely delighted. Quote
Paid Members Dead Mike Posted March 14, 2024 Paid Members Posted March 14, 2024 9 minutes ago, Egg Shen said: Off to see Filter tomorrow, one of the very few bucketlist type bands left on on my list, absolutely delighted. A mate went to Manchester the other night and said they were excellent. Check the timings though as they came on early & the whole thing was done by 9 30pm. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted March 14, 2024 Members Posted March 14, 2024 1 hour ago, Dead Mike said: whole thing was done by 9 30pm. Absolute bliss. Quote
Paid Members Tommy! Posted March 14, 2024 Paid Members Posted March 14, 2024 I bought tickets to see Anthrax later this year, are they still any good live? Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted March 14, 2024 Paid Members Posted March 14, 2024 12 minutes ago, Tommy! said: I bought tickets to see Anthrax later this year, are they still any good live? Joey Belladonna struggles a bit these days. The rest of the band are still great. Quote
cobra_gordo Posted March 14, 2024 Posted March 14, 2024 (edited) I saw them last year with Municipal Waste and they were still brilliant. I've never been Joey's biggest fan but he's gotten way better live. The whole setlist was belting which helped and they've started to play some John Bush era stuff. 2 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said: Joey Belladonna struggles a bit these days. The rest of the band are still great. I dunno, I thought he was really good on the last tour, way better than I've seen from him previously. Edited March 14, 2024 by cobra_gordo Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted March 14, 2024 Paid Members Posted March 14, 2024 That’s good to know. Tbf, it’s been a few years now since I last saw them. I just remember being disappointed by his vocals in an otherwise great show. Quote
Paid Members Tommy! Posted March 14, 2024 Paid Members Posted March 14, 2024 Thanks lads, it's them Kreator who I sort of know and Testament who I've heard of. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted March 15, 2024 Paid Members Posted March 15, 2024 On 3/14/2024 at 8:02 AM, Dead Mike said: A mate went to Manchester the other night and said they were excellent. Check the timings though as they came on early & the whole thing was done by 9 30pm. Already have, curfew is 10pm Quote
Harry Wiseau Posted March 15, 2024 Posted March 15, 2024 I didn't post that I saw the Lancashire Hotpots two weeks ago, it was as expected incredibly enjoyable, cracking bunch of lads. Nothing lined up now until the Lovely Eggs who I haven't seen since pre lockdown so that'll be nice Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted March 16, 2024 Paid Members Posted March 16, 2024 On 3/14/2024 at 8:02 AM, Dead Mike said: A mate went to Manchester the other night and said they were excellent. Check the timings though as they came on early & the whole thing was done by 9 30pm. Can confirm Filter were excellent, great show. Finished at half 10 though the bastards. Quote
Merzbow Posted March 18, 2024 Posted March 18, 2024 Two gigs in two nights, I'm getting old for this.. Went to a harsh noise show on Saturday which was surprisingly well attended, faces I'd never seen at these shows before and everyone was really into it. The promotor now has me playing one of his shows in July! Sunday was Wallowing and Conan, both sounding better than I've ever heard from them before and the place was rammed. Bile Caster were a support I didn't know and they were slow as molasses, perfect sludge. Quote
cobra_gordo Posted March 18, 2024 Posted March 18, 2024 32 minutes ago, Merzbow said: Sunday was Wallowing and Conan, both sounding better than I've ever heard from them before and the place was rammed. Bile Caster were a support I didn't know and they were slow as molasses, perfect sludge. We played with them the Saturday night in Nottingham at Rough Trade. Played with both before and Wallowing are good friends of ours but they were both unreal the other night, Conan especially. Did you catch Voidlurker? Quote
Merzbow Posted March 18, 2024 Posted March 18, 2024 49 minutes ago, cobra_gordo said: Did you catch Voidlurker? Yeah I've seen them a few times, they support a bunch round here and sound ace. Finished with a good bit of Cathedral worship. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted March 18, 2024 Posted March 18, 2024 (edited) Was at the Conan/Wallowing show in Sheffield on Friday night. Great showing from all 3 acts (Gozer opened the night) but being shoved upstairs at Corporation because the main room was being occupied by a Mötley Crüe tribute act was a disgrace. @cobra_gordo I’d already bought the tickets before I was aware you were on the Nottingham date, otherwise I’d have come down for that one. Just booked two gigs which are probably as far apart as could possibly be. Suffocation w/ Distant (who I’ve seen before and fucking suck), Sworn Amongst (who were in the year below me at college) and Cavekiller at The Hairy Dog in Derby in June, then I’m off to Madness at Kirkstall Abby (which definitely sounds like it should be a Hammer Horror film) at the end of July Edited March 18, 2024 by WyattSheepMask Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.