Gigs and concerts

Carbomb

Yeah I'm gutted I'll miss the Outcast Stomp one, it's a really great trans run promotor/collective I've gotten to know a bit. They put on an awesome Punks for Trans Pride gig a week or so ago with a mix of hardcore, noise and punk and it's so good seeing a younger queer scene who wouldn't normally go to hardcore gigs because you know.. and going hard in the pits.

1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

She's great, I'd imagine she'll be headlining big shows soon if she isn't already.

I'm going to the Saturday of Supersonic this weekend, the line-up over the three full days was really underwhelming this year but Saturday has both Godflesh and Backxwash headlining with great bands like Ashenspire and Divide & Dissolve earlier in the day.

I'm hoping she'll be back for an extensive tour soon. There's something absolutely haunting and heart breaking about her music. Seeing other people's reactions to her music was incredible too. 

• 1 month later...

Suede + Manics doing a co-headline next year, both playing 75 minute sets:

spacer.png

Signed up for the presale for Dublin. Two of my favourite oddball bands who are still banging out energetic live performances and respectable albums with dignity.

Manics are great for wild oscillations between cheerful tunes about anorexia and outright dad rock. Suede done Dog Man Star.

Top night of pretentious, effete bangers!

Seeing the always excellent Supersuckers and Warner E Hodges (one of the guys from Jason and the Scorchers that isn't Jason apparently) in Birmingham on Tuesday, last time I saw the Suckers it was the small room of the Hare and Hounds and there was hardly anyone there so hopefully this time they'll get a better audience. 

• Paid Members

That tour's rolling through a venue really close to my house, I don't think i'll be able to make it though.

Will likely be seeing the Manics/Suede at Cardiff Castle next year. Think i've seen the Manic Street Preachers more than any other band at this point.

• Paid Members

My friend managed to get tickets to SoulWax at New Century Hall in February. This will be the 8th time I've seen them, and I can't wait. 

Just realised the Pupil Slicer and Employed to Serve co-headline show I'm going to is on Halloween night. That should be a fun one.

I've got a hardcore show at what was once The Litten Tree on Friday, it's a weirdly great venue for it as there's a little pit in the corner for the cool kids to throw spin kicks while everyone else watches from above.

• Paid Members

Off to see Funeral For A Friend run through the debut record on Saturday. Should be a decent nostalgia fest. I'm hoping Matt Davies' has sorted his voice out though, a few videos showing them on the festival scene this summer he's been shamefully bad.