Gigs and concerts

Carbomb

9 minutes ago, Panhead said:

Thought the Manchester show was at the arena but it's the new one outwards Man City's ground. It looks like a right ball ache to get to from the city centre. 

Won’t the Etihad tram stop be near?

13 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Won’t the Etihad tram stop be near?

I don't know but I'm willing to learn! I'm from Bradford so I normally get the train to Victoria. I take it there's a tram from there then? On the venue information on Ticketmaster, it says it's a 30 minute walk from the city centre.

29 minutes ago, Panhead said:

I don't know but I'm willing to learn! I'm from Bradford so I normally get the train to Victoria. I take it there's a tram from there then? On the venue information on Ticketmaster, it says it's a 30 minute walk from the city centre.

Yeah it’s on the Etihad campus so it’ll be served by that stop! Not sure if there’s a direct tram from Victoria or not but it would be a change at Piccadilly Gardens  if not. I bet the MEN or whatever it’s called now was ideal if you’re getting the train in!

• Paid Members

Yeah, you'd get the tram to the Etihad Campus or Velopark, but from Victoria you'd want to change trams at Piccadilly.

3 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Yeah it’s on the Etihad campus so it’ll be served by that stop! Not sure if there’s a direct tram from Victoria or not but it would be a change at Piccadilly Gardens  if not. I bet the MEN or whatever it’s called now was ideal if you’re getting the train in!

Thanks Keith. I'll have a look. Yeah the arena is absolutely ideal. You don't even have to leave the building! The train to Manchester is just under an hour from my nearest station. If I went to Leeds Arena from the same station, the train is just under 40 minutes, plus at least a 10 minute walk from the station, so it's not actually that much longer to get to a gig at Manchester Arena! 

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

London jazz festival coming up in a few weeks. Haven't had a current to properly go through all the listing will definitely be getting to a few shows and taking the kids to some of the free shows at the weekend. They're always really good. 

Gutted that I'm in Scotland while this is on, there's some quality stuff on the line-up. I'd definitely be trying to see Barb Jungr, GOAT and Mulatu Astatke if I could.

• Paid Members

Seeing Finnish metal band Lost Society in Wolves tomorrow.

Not sure what to expect but it's a chance to scope out new gig venues, see something a little different to my usual sound and get out of Hereford for an evening.

Spotify listening makes me think I'll enjoy it, plus a free ticket as my mate didn't want to go by herself can't be argued with.

Edit: A mixture of alcohol withdrawal fatigue, Storm Babet and doing 15 hours at work yesterday and needing to be in early tomorrow has put a stop to this.

Next gig is supposed to be next month with Wonder Years if I feel any better then as I've felt horrid the last 3 weeks.

Edited by Shy Dad

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

My mate has managed to get us on the guest list to see Focus in Blackpool in about 3 weeks, which will be very exciting. I'm at Lancashire Hotpots with my Mum a week on Saturday, Soulwax in February in Manchester, and another friend has gotten me a ticket to see Goldie Lookin Chain on their 420 tour in Preston in September 2024. I'm betting my mum's going to get tickets for the Summer Hotpots tour as well. I'll keep going to them with her for as long as I can.

1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

My mate has managed to get us on the guest list to see Focus in Blackpool in about 3 weeks, which will be very exciting. I'm at Lancashire Hotpots with my Mum a week on Saturday, Soulwax in February in Manchester, and another friend has gotten me a ticket to see Goldie Lookin Chain on their 420 tour in Preston in September 2024. I'm betting my mum's going to get tickets for the Summer Hotpots tour as well. I'll keep going to them with her for as long as I can.

Mate I'm going to get tickets for the Preston show too I've wanted too see GLC for years it's a must do 

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

Mate I'm going to get tickets for the Preston show too I've wanted too see GLC for years it's a must do 

I saw them at Glastonbury in 2005 and they were a lot of fun. I do wonder whether they'll try and encourage Maggot to join them.