Gigs and concerts

Carbomb

43 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I’m going to see McFly next week. There’s something I never thought I’d say. 

They are fantastic live.

Edit: fantastic on record as well. 

🎵So wouldn't you like to come with me?
Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooooooooh🎵

Edited by SuperBacon

• Paid Members

Laibach were fucking phenomenal last night. First time seeing them, not sure exactly what to expect, and they basically hit everything I hoped for - wild pivots from the daft comedy of the latest EP to some really heavy industrial stuff, and then an encore of mostly covers, closing with their theme from Iron Sky 2 and then just a straight love song (their latest single). All with incredible stage presence, powerful visuals, and complete commitment to their collective persona.

Took my girlfriend to see McFly last night. She’s been a fan since they started and had never seen them. I’ve seen loads of rock and guitar pop acts over the years and McFly are one of the tightest live I’ve seen. Not sure what I was expecting to be honest but as a band they were solid, with some greatly crafted unashamed pop songs. A really fun night out, a fanbase of varying ages having a brilliant time. 

Also, Manchesters Victoria Warehouse is possibly the worst venue I’ve been to. It would be great for a rave but for bands it’s diabolical. About 20% of the audience aren’t in the main room and are in the bit where the bars are. Disability access is non existent and getting into the venue took an age. I’d heard terrible things about the place and they weren’t lying!

8 minutes ago, deathrey said:

I'd love to see McFly, they really are a great band with some really catchy songs. Given they have been around since 2003 I would have imagined most of the crowd was on the mature side.

Much like when I saw Bad Religion last year, it looked like there were parents taking their kids along!  And I forgot to add my old heart was filled with joy as outside the venue, blokes were selling snide T-shirts for a tenner! Delighted to see some of the old traditions are still alive. 

26 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

They were doing that at Charli XCX last year and I know I should have grabbed one for old times sake, there were even ticket touts outside beforehand which I thought was a thing of the past.

The T shirt guys even took card payments!