Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
6 hours ago, Statto said:

TBH, I'd probably never stop marking out for him just playing the 911 role forever. Coming out to that awesome theme 3 or 4 times a week and choking someone out, then leaving.

Hell, combine it with having him on commentary. "Back in a sec, Vic..."

I always wondered if that was where Wade was gonna go behind the desk, being an enforcer for Regal eventually.

Have to say, I much prefer Joe doing this every time.

Posted

The main issue they’re always going to have with Samoa Joe is that he looks like he’d fill in their entire roster. Just beat the fuck out of every single one of them and twice on Sunday.

So, if he’s not going to be a main event destroyer type talent, what’s the point?

He’ll always make the actual wrestlers look worst by being in his company.

Posted

My minds a bit hazy but didn't that happen with Stone Cold? He was RAW GM and just stunnered half the roster, and they were always going to seem lesser than him anyway.

  • Paid Members
Posted
22 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

My minds a bit hazy but didn't that happen with Stone Cold? He was RAW GM and just stunnered half the roster, and they were always going to seem lesser than him anyway.

Is that any worse than Stephanie emasculating the RAW roster for years? She’d slapped every one from John Cena to Jack Swagger. So when Sting grabbed her arm when she tried to slap him, it probably got the biggest pop out of a passive audience in months.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Your Fight Site said:

Is that any worse than Stephanie emasculating the RAW roster for years? She’d slapped every one from John Cena to Jack Swagger. So when Sting grabbed her arm when she tried to slap him, it probably got the biggest pop out of a passive audience in months.

It goes without saying that she's the worst authority figure in recent memory, I'd take Russo over her no selling everyone not named Ronda.

But she's not a super credible star who could overshadow the roster just by being there, it's a different story.

Edited by Merzbow
  • Paid Members
Posted
3 hours ago, Your Fight Site said:

Is that any worse than Stephanie emasculating the RAW roster for years? She’d slapped every one from John Cena to Jack Swagger. So when Sting grabbed her arm when she tried to slap him, it probably got the biggest pop out of a passive audience in months.

Yes, it's worse. The Stephanie McMahon heel character was one of if not the most detrimental to getting babyfaces over in wrestling history. Her never ending belittling of every character around her for years just made everyone look like complete shit. I can't think of anything worse than her Authority run. Terrible terrible terrible. 

Posted
3 hours ago, Merzbow said:

My minds a bit hazy but didn't that happen with Stone Cold? He was RAW GM and just stunnered half the roster, and they were always going to seem lesser than him anyway.

Yeah was co gm with Bischoff wasnt he?

Also remember his run as the "sheriff" on Raw around 03/04 that had the same stipulation as Joe in NXT where he couldn't put his hands on anyone unless he was provoked.

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Wrestler I did not expect to see on NXT: Hideki Suzuki
Wrestler who just debuted on NXT: Hideki Suzuki

Crazy.

 

The report I read described a "random Asian person" being alongside Strong in the Diamond Mine.

Dunno if it's indicative because I don't normally even read the NXT reports but the site I read it on has a little poll for feedback and both this week's and last week's have polled "Great show" with 75% last week and 60% this week. As I say, I don't normally check so it could be that they're just positive about NXT (Raw normally polls Average show) but it seems a good sign of recovery.

Posted
3 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Wrestler I did not expect to see on NXT: Hideki Suzuki
Wrestler who just debuted on NXT: Hideki Suzuki

Crazy.

 

Is he good? I don't really know much about him.

Posted

I don't mind the Diamond Mine in isolation, initial impressions it looks cool, but the whole thing looks fairly similar to Imperium with the 'heel stable that wears black tracksuits' vibe.

Still continue to be amazed that NXT can do a decent womens tag division whilst the main roster equivalent is so fucking bad with more than double the tv time.

Posted

With The Diamond Mine they are certainly catching up on AEW with the amount of factions they have. 

The more Malcolm Bivens I get on my telly the better. 

That battery is charging slower than the battery on my beard trimmer.

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...