The NXT Discussion Thread

DJM

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Joe is coming back to run NXT isn't he? I hope instead Regal has hired him to instead just Lesner the roster on his path to becoming the champion. 

That rumour seems to be pretty unfounded, it was basically "NXT would like to have Samoa Joe back". No shit, really?

Just now, BomberPat said:

That rumour seems to be pretty unfounded, it was basically "NXT would like to have Samoa Joe back". No shit, really?

Yeah, it came across as "click bait" to me, something which that Sapp guy seems to do a fair bit of.  Nothing substantiated or concrete, just surmising and throwing something out there.

Surely if Joe couldn't get medically cleared for the main roster then he wouldn't for NXT either? If he's going there it's got to be as a trainer or commentator?

Or they just sent his bin bag of belongings to the wrong place. 

• Paid Members

I wonder if he couldn't get cleared and they fired him because he was still on a performer's contract and so getting paid over the odds. Everyone was fantasy booking him wrestling elsewhere, but this surely points toward him being done?

• Paid Members

9 hours ago, BomberPat said:

I wonder if he couldn't get cleared and they fired him because he was still on a performer's contract and so getting paid over the odds. Everyone was fantasy booking him wrestling elsewhere, but this surely points toward him being done?

This was my thinking. I wonder if they released him because at his request (given he was on a performer contract and they wouldn't clear him) and perhaps Joe couldn't get cleared outside the company either. If so, it might be at least for now if he can't perform in the ring this is the next best option?

For what it's worth I suspect he would make an excellent addition to the training and coaching staff at the PC and he slots nicely into that Regal role on TV if that is indeed the direction they are going in.