The NXT Discussion Thread

DJM

4 hours ago, HeavyT said:

As a very casual watcher, is finn valor being in NXT ourely because they dont see him as a proper wwe roster guy? Did he do anything wrong? Or just wasnt getting over?

Mixture of needing a name on the brand for when AEW were starting and not really having anything for him on the main roster at the time. 
He doesn’t seem like the kind of guy that would get himself in any bother and was as over as anyone else was at the time, they just needed someone that appealed to that section of the audience.

With them moving NXT to Tuesday and no longer running against AEW, I could see them moving back to the main roster as I’m not sure what else you could do with him with the current crop in NXT

• Paid Members

Balor will be moved back to the main roster but they’ll wait until crowds are back. No sense wasting that pop for Zoom wankers.

I know I’m picking up Supremo’s baton, but Kyle O’Reilly is hilarious. He dresses like a bassist in the background of Guitar Hero.

After the ladder match, he walked in with a swagger that a man in a denim vest hasn’t earned. His taste in music, or rather his characters taste in music, makes no sense either. He flits between metal and punk in a way that just doesn’t quite fit. Like he’s going to a succession of Halloween parties as a ‘goth’ and his mum is in charge of dressing him.

So shit.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Kyle O'Reilly was at his best when he was being the goof of Undisputed Era, playing the air guitar with the outlandish facial expressions. He does not play cool well. 

Kross and Balor was good, really enjoyed that match and then it go to Cole / KOR and there was still 55 mins left on the feed so I was certain there was going to be shenanigans or something big happening at the end. Nope, just a long ass match. 

• Paid Members

I don't know when I last watched NXT. Seen the odd match and clip but not seen a full show for ages. I only watched because me and our kid have been watching together. I really enjoyed most of it. The presentation was good, enjoyed a real crowd, commentary isn't bad, matches were good. Most importantly, there was substance to most of the feuds that is missing from the main roster. WWE PPVs are never bad. The guys and girls can work and normally deliver something. But there is NEVER any anticipation to the shows. Even Mania. As previously said, if you can enjoy matches then it's fine. NXT did a good job here. Little catch up on some of their promo vids set the stage.

That shitarse of a main event was the only negative. Everything that I haven't liked about NXT in one match. Not just the length but the whole presentation. They think that having a few whacky spots brings the level of intensity and that crowd and the Meltzers will probably pat them on the back for it.

It was clear 30 seconds into it that it wasn't going to be what it should be. Firstly when they lined up all that security across the ring only for Cole and O'Reilly to be two yards apart separated by the ropes and neither try to do anything. Then for them to start with 5 seconds of flailing arms and then immediately go into move, move, move. Shite. 

Never want to hear anyone crying about fans again after this last year. Did chuckle at the "Fight forever" chants. These fuckers take it literally. 

I like Wade Barrett, but he made me laugh with the big call.

End of a 700 minute fight between Guitar Hero and his mate, a fight that lasted approximately 690 minutes too long, and Wade Barrett said:

”After that, you have to wonder if you can call either man a winner.”

Yep, that’s right mate. Just a couple of losers.

• Paid Members

my favourite Wade Barrett call came from night one.

Vic Joseph said, in WWE monotone announcer excitement voice, "can you imagine if we get to see Sam Shaw face Johnny Gargano tomorrow night?"

And Wade basically replied with, "yeah, we've seen it before".

• Paid Members

I watched a bit of this last night. Out of curiosity and annoyance because my daughter was refusing to go to sleep and I couldn't be arsed changing the channel after the Europa League.

Saw a bit of Walter against Ciampa, who I'm assuming has gone grey after watching one of his matches. Slow motion, over-rehearsed shit. Delighted I only saw about 5 minutes of it.

Then there was the tag match, which I quite enjoyed until the crowd started chanting "FIGHT FOREVER!" which leads me to believe that Covid was released by someone who quite rightly decided that wrestling fans should no longer be allowed to go to wrestling events any more because they're intolerable arseholes.

Then she fell asleep so I could put Babestation on. Eva Ray was on.

• Paid Members

Stephanie McMahon though! Both nights! Never again will I ask why they script everyone to act and sound like such a weirdo. Just look at who’s running the gaff! Her clapping at the people she was sitting next to for what felt like an eternity was the most awkward, oddball thing I’ve ever seen. That she did it two nights on the run was the icing on the cake. Replicants, the lot of them.