The NXT Discussion Thread

DJM

13 minutes ago, DJM said:

After how well they got on last week, team Balor and Kross together again.  Then have Balor & Kross vs Cole & O'Reilly; unlikely partners unite to try to win the tag titles, maybe in a ladder match (as suggested above).

Do you work for them? Sounds like it with that booking.

• Paid Members
On 3/19/2021 at 9:20 AM, Supremo said:

Odds on them making the Cruiserweight Title unification another ladder match? I like to imagine this is a live shot of their creative team trying their hardest to not book yet another ladder match. 

15884DCC-F04C-47AF-A166-D9697DAE79C2.thumb.jpeg.a7c9a58a0becdef3ebdaedbac963f252.jpeg.

Like clockwork.

271C3975-E554-44CF-855B-931EE2C5CF93.thumb.jpeg.86bc71c12cc0f69d9081f49998667ba8.jpeg

Takeover looking absolutely stacked coming of last night’s show

Night 1

NXT Woman’s Championship 

Io Sharai (c) vs Raquel Gonzalez

Triple Threat Match for vacant NXT Tag Team Championships 

MSK vs Grizzled Young Veterans vs Legado Del Fantasma 

Gauntlet Eliminator for shot at NXT NA Championship on Night 2

6 competitors to be determined 

NXT United Kingdom Championship 

WALTER (c) vs Tomasso Ciampa

Night 2

NXT Championship 

Finn Balor (c) vs Karrion Kross 

Unsanctioned Match

Kyle O’Reilly vs Adam Cole

NXT North American Championship

Johnny Gargano (c) vs Gauntlet winner

NXT Cruiserweight Championship Unification Ladder Match

Santos Escobar (c) vs Jordan Devlin (c)

The gauntlet match competitors are being determined by a 12 man battle royal next week between Bronson Reed, Pete Dunne, Roderick Strong, Kushida, Isaiah Scott, Leon Ruff, Dexter Lumis, Austin Theory, Jake Atlas, Cameron Grimes, LA Knight and Tyler Rust. The final 6 in that match go on to Takeover

5 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

The gauntlet match competitors are being determined by a 12 man battle royal next week between Bronson Reed, Pete Dunne, Roderick Strong, Kushida, Isaiah Scott, Leon Ruff, Dexter Lumis, Austin Theory, Jake Atlas, Cameron Grimes, LA Knight and Tyler Rust. The final 6 in that match go on to Takeover

But are they leaving a space open to have a final chance ladder match in the final week?

19 minutes ago, simonworden said:

But are they leaving a space open to have a final chance ladder match in the final week?

Next week is the final week, essentially whoever the first two eliminated out of the final 6 in the battle royal start the gauntlet match at Takeover, whoever wins is the last man in

A battle royal where the 6 finalists get in the gauntlet, but the order of the final 6 determines their spot in the gauntlet match.   They have have to win the gauntlet to get a title shot the next day.

Meanwhile, Rhea Ripley can show up on her debut on Raw and say "I want a title shot at the biggest show of the year", despite having not beaten any other contenders and for some reason Asuka's allowed to decide if that's OK or not (unless Rhea had been given the go ahead backstage by Adam Pearce, etc to challenge Asuka, which would make Adam Pearce etc very unfair in the match making decisions).

• Paid Members

Takeover looks great. Much better lineup than Wrestlemania.

Gargano storming out of Regal’s office and shouting, “I’m not closing your door!” was hilarious. It’s night and day watching Gargano and Ciampa hang around NXT long past their sell by date. Whilst Ciampa has just lingered like a bad smell, Gargano has managed to develop a great little niche as the daft, goofy prick.

I thought the, “security footage,” of Adam Cole confronting Kyle O’Reilly at his BJJ class was a nice, fresh approach. Actually made sense for them to have footage of the incident without an invisible camera man being there. The way they’ve styled Kyle, though. I can’t get over it. He’s like the anti-Wardlow.

4AC6EF30-990A-4617-8EE9-C785F81B0288.thumb.jpeg.3e5283f9c860c3c4cf5d647076d5ec5d.jpeg

“We can give you eight pound cash or thirteen pound store credit.”

Edited by Supremo

7 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Gargano storming out of Regal’s office and shouting, “I’m not closing your door!” was hilarious. It’s night and day watching Gargano and Ciampa hang around NXT long past their sell by date. Whilst Ciampa has just lingered like a bad smell, Gargano has managed to develop a great little niche as the daft, goofy prick.

I thought the, “security footage,” of Adam Cole confronting Kyle O’Reilly at his BJJ class was a nice, fresh approach. Actually made sense for them to have footage of the incident without an invisible camera man being there. The way they’ve styled Kyle, though. I can’t get over it.

4AC6EF30-990A-4617-8EE9-C785F81B0288.thumb.jpeg.3e5283f9c860c3c4cf5d647076d5ec5d.jpeg

“We can give you eight pound cash or thirteen pound store credit.”

It's the Joy Division shirt, do you reckon he's ever listened to them?