Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
10 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

Or, Undisputed Era arrive on the main roster later this year as a faction and they act like nothing happened.

I could see them getting back together down the line, if they all get established on the main roster then a reunion good do well for them.

  • Paid Members
Posted
12 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

Or, Undisputed Era arrive on the main roster later this year as a faction and they act like nothing happened.

The classic 'Gargano & Ciampa team up on Monday nights and are feuding on Wednesday nights' move.

Posted
4 minutes ago, The Cutting Edge said:

I could see them getting back together down the line, if they all get established on the main roster then a reunion good do well for them.

Your relying on Bobby Fish to be match-fit for more than 5 minutes for that to happen, so don’t hold your breath

Posted

Given the lack of traveling and heavy schedule for main roster, I'd have moved Ciampa to main roster for the year get feuds with Orton, Rollins or whoever done then when pandemic is over he can be drafted back to NXT and possibly bring some eyes and credibility with him.

What's Fish's latest injury? 

  • Paid Members
Posted
13 minutes ago, The Cutting Edge said:.

What's Fish's latest injury? 

Fish pun 

Spoiler

He’s Haddock bad time with injuries. 

Not sure. But he’s not getting any younger, he’s also a Qanoner so I’d be happy for him to be dropped to be honest. I don’t think he’s particularly good either, the weakest link in the team.

I think the whole angle is a swerve anyway and they will be back together before Mania.

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, The Cutting Edge said:

 

What's Fish's latest injury? 

One of his knees. He’s had surgery on both of them at different times, but his left knee in particular has been knackered for years.

@Hannibal Scorch if you’re going to drop everyone whose a Qanoner, a trump supporter or just a general scumbag, the industry would be gone over night. Even the “look! we’re well progressive!” AEW has (at least) three trump supporting dipshits in executive roles.

As for the UE though, I don’t have hope for them on the main roster. You think Randy Ortons going to sell for Adam Cole and take his little bunny-hop?

Edited by WyattSheepMask
  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

One of his knees. He’s had surgery on both of them at different times, but his left knee in particular has been knackered for years.

@Hannibal Scorch if you’re going to drop everyone whose a Qanoner, a trump supporter or just a general scumbag, the industry would be gone over night. Even the “look! we’re well progressive!” AEW has (at least) three trump supporting dipshits in executive roles.

As for the UE though, I don’t have hope for them on the main roster. You think Randy Ortons going to sell for Adam Cole and take his little bunny-hop?

I agree, but what I was saying was his body is broken, he's not got a long career ahead of him because of the constant injuries. He needs the UE much more then they need him.

  • Paid Members
Posted

NXT over recent months has become like Impact for me, just an easy watch that I tend to find just flies by. I like my wrestling simple and fun, both NXT and Impact deliver on those fronts.

Leon Ruff is a great plucky, underdog and I smile ear to ear each time he gets an upset win. 

MSK are great. Tremendous fun in ring and likeable and goofy outside of the ring. Them stood in the background while Kai / Gonzalez and Baszler / Jax were being all super serious in the ring was good, along with them hugging Beth as they got in the ring, they just seem happy, which portrays across the screen. 

Ember Moon and Shotzi Blackheart are just pure fast forward material for me. Both just look awkward in ring, they seem to always blow spots and they just look completely rehearsed. I'd quite happily never watch another match of theirs again. 

A Pat McAfee promo is always welcomed by me, what a megastar sat cutting a promo on his private plane. In regard to the UE story, I'd like a different spin on the usual 'group turns on one of them' and hand Strong and Fish align with O'Reilly instead of Cole. Have Cole backtrack on the feud with McAfee and join his boys. 

Zoey Stark showed tremendous promise. Never seen her before, but really enjoyed the short match she had, gave me Thunder Rosa vibes in the way she acted.

LA Knight just oozes charisma and has star quality all over, he would be more suited to Raw, but i'm happy for him to be with NXT for the time being. 

All in all, another good show from NXT. 

It does make me wonder what peoples thought on NXT would be if AEW weren't around or NXT was on a different night.

Posted
1 hour ago, Nick James said:

It does make me wonder what peoples thought on NXT would be if AEW weren't around or NXT was on a different night.

They'd have hidden all the ladders better probably.

Posted

I thought it was a solid episode this week.

I like how much emphasis and importance is put on the title Dunne, Kyle, Cole, Edge, Kross all possible challengers, it's good keeping more guys in the mix so if injuries or covid happen you've got other plates spinning.

Speaking of Kross he needs some direction and momentum he's just kinda there atm which isn't good for a guy his size and look.

They need some different looking guys in the mix too (if they have them) alot of the guys looking samey.

Posted
6 hours ago, Nick James said:

NXT over recent months has become like Impact for me, just an easy watch that I tend to find just flies by. I like my wrestling simple and fun, both NXT and Impact deliver on those fronts.

I 100% agree with this.

NXT has been a good watch the last couple of weeks, and just ebbs and flows nicely.

Finn Balor is so good. It's outrageous that WWE never fully committed to him again after the injury that caused him to vacate the Universal Title. He drips cool, he can really go, he can sort of talk. So good. I'm glad that Vince isn't interested him, in a way, as he's a perfect fit as the head of NXT at the minute.

What's the deal with Pat McAfee? Is he coming back?

Posted
11 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Finn Balor is so good. It's outrageous that WWE never fully committed to him again after the injury that caused him to vacate the Universal Title. He drips cool, he can really go, he can sort of talk. So good. I'm glad that Vince isn't interested him, in a way, as he's a perfect fit as the head of NXT at the minute.

It's not the Finn Balor we ever got on RAW or SmackDown though. We got the Demon King instead, which just sounded like the Demon Kane, and didn't wrestle any different and ended up being super shit cosplay for no reason at all. It was a world away from anything we're getting with him now. I'd be happy if he never put on the damn makeup again.

Posted
6 hours ago, Nick James said:

It does make me wonder what peoples thought on NXT would be if AEW weren't around or NXT was on a different night.

It would make no difference. NXT is not a well booked show. We have three losers from TakeOver picking up an immediate rehab win and Dunne pinning Balor, which does nothing but provide fuel for an unnecessary rematch and take from Balor. Cole should clearly be the babyface in this UE split, Pat McAfee is now trying to get weird heel points for being right about a new heel he was against. The dynamics of the show with the faces and heels are so fucked up. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...