The NXT Discussion Thread

DJM

14 hours ago, andrew "the ref" coyne said:

Decent segment IMO.

I really enjoyed that at the time too - if only because it seemed obvious that they were heading for Batista/Undertaker and Cena/Michaels, so when 'taker showed up the night after the Rumble to pose and stare at Cena, it at least threw a bit of a curveball in there and added some intrigue to the angles' build up.

I've seen people getting annoyed that it's obvious Edge won't pick Balor/NXT title, yeah probably won't but it atleast gives the title a bit of a rub putting it in same bracket as other two, fans really are desperate not to be "worked" these days, god forbid wrestlng tries to have intrigue.

Would be good for Edge to come out and sit ringside Sunday

26 minutes ago, Tsurutagun said:

Surprised they had Thatcher and Ciampa lose to Grizzled Young Vets. If they want MSK to win The Dusty Classic beating Thatcher and Ciampa would be a bigger deal on the road to victory surely? 

Thatcher and Ciampa aren't a real team. I don't think it'd be a massive deal beating them. This way they've got two proper teams in the final and a clear face/heel divide.

8 minutes ago, The Cutting Edge said:

I've seen people getting annoyed that it's obvious Edge won't pick Balor/NXT title, yeah probably won't but it atleast gives the title a bit of a rub putting it in same bracket as other two, fans really are desperate not to be "worked" these days, god forbid wrestlng tries to have intrigue.

Would be good for Edge to come out and sit ringside Sunday

You'd get people moaning if he didn't even consider it so they can't win either way.

49 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Thatcher and Ciampa aren't a real team. I don't think it'd be a massive deal beating them. This way they've got two proper teams in the final and a clear face/heel divide.

Hasn't the Dusty Classic been won by teams that haven't been "real teams". Joe/Balor come to mind as well as Riddle and Dunne

13 minutes ago, Tsurutagun said:

Hasn't the Dusty Classic been won by teams that haven't been "real teams". Joe/Balor come to mind as well as Riddle and Dunne

Oh absolutely, and it's not an unusual thing, but in terms of whether MSK would be better off beating Ciampa/Thatcher or an established team like GVY I'd personally lean towards having two real teams in the final. And I think the plucky underdog newbies vs the arsehole confident Brit heel team makes for a much better story.

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

GYV will be winning the Classic surely?

I’d put my money on MSK to be honest, the quick push to the top. Particularly with the belts being on heels right now.

I’d not rule out MSK then picking up the belts either.

PWInsider are reporting that Eli Drake and Taya Valkyrie have signed with WWE and will start on the NXT brand.

Haven’t really watched Impact since the AJ Styles days but I remember Drake being a Rock impersonator?

Saw Taya in Lucha Underground and a few Mexican shows and she seemed ok.

Edit: Eli Drake just made his debut on the Pre Show cutting a promo going under the name LA Knight.

spacer.png

Edited by TildeGuy~!

In my opinion, he’s serviceable in the ring, and can keep up against the right opponent, who has their working boots on. But with him, it’s about the sizzle. 

Good look, has swagger, charismatic, and can cut a good promo unprompted and unscripted- he better enjoy that while he can, by the way.