The NXT Discussion Thread

DJM

• Paid Members

I love MSK but they're absolutely gonna be lost in the shuffle.

What made them fun in Impact was the fact they were dumb, frat boy stoners who lived in a treehouse and got to just piss about in segments, it added to their team work as they were just Rascalz, they hung around together, they had each others back.

There's no way WWE is gonna let them have that level of autonomy and they're just gonna be stuck in a vaccum of teams with very little different about them. Even their opening match just felt like a standard 205 Live main event. 

I'm not saying they would have had more chance in AEW of doing anything different but this really feels a step back for 2/3 guys who were on the edge of being main event talents in Impact and could have had their stock rise more in a year or two. They had the excitement of the Young Bucks before they became nationwide.

54 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Three new signings..

Zoey Stark (FKA Lacey Ryan)
Gigi Dolin (FKA Priscilla Kelly)
Cora Jade (FKA Elayna Black)

Priscilla didn't do so well on the name front..

Zoey Stark is okay, but I don't think any of the names are better than the names they were previously using.  Guess it is what it is though when you sign with WWE.

1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said:

Three new signings..

Zoey Stark (FKA Lacey Ryan)
Gigi Dolin (FKA Priscilla Kelly)
Cora Jade (FKA Elayna Black)

Priscilla didn't do so well on the name front..

All three have been entered into the Women’s Dusty Classic, Dolin and Jade are teaming up against Candace LeRae and Indi Hartwell while Stark teams up with Marina Shafir against Shotzi Blackheart and Ember Moon

35 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

No more Jessamyn Duke?

Still on the injured list supposedly 

The rest of the bracket btw for the tournament is Kacy Catanzaro and Kayden Carter against Toni Storm and Mercedes Martinez, which is airing tonight, and the team of Aliyah and Jessi Kamea against Dakota Kai and Raquel Gonzalez

• Paid Members

NXT is always better when it has a clear direction and the Dusty Classic has got it back on course. Good episode this week and the highlight being Wade Barrett busting out a Stone Roses lyric.

The Fight Pit is what should have been used for Raw Underground, what a brilliant look it has. 

The NXT commentary team has improved massively since Mauro left and Wade joined.

I never thought I'd see the day, but Gargano is a brilliant dick heel, he's hilarious in some of his mannerisms. He could do without knocking about with a nonce though. 

Where has Robert Stone gone? Looks like Bivens has taken the spot instead, I liked Stone so it's a shame if he's gone. 

1 hour ago, Nick James said:

Where has Robert Stone gone? Looks like Bivens has taken the spot instead, I liked Stone so it's a shame if he's gone. 

He's still there with Aliyah. He was standing with her when Beth introduced the tag classic stuff.

I'm happy for them to dial down on him a bit if the only idea they have is to have him run over with a tank again. But yeah I do enjoy the act so hopefully they can find something more interesting soon.

18 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Just watching the show now, that finisher from Kacy was utterly sensational, a sort of Phoenix splash/corkscrew/reverse senton hybrid, something she’s clearly picked up training with Ricochet

It was like she was going for the old infra-red, then her gymnast training kicked in and she went for a clean landing THEN her wrestler brain remembered she has to hit her opponent...... 

If she can clean up that landing, I'd call her up as soon as crowds are back, that move deserves to have people losing their minds...... 

15 minutes ago, poetofthedeed said:

It was like she was going for the old infra-red, then her gymnast training kicked in and she went for a clean landing THEN her wrestler brain remembered she has to hit her opponent...... 

If she can clean up that landing, I'd call her up as soon as crowds are back, that move deserves to have people losing their minds...... 

If it was that easy to make people lose their minds, Ricochet would be doing a lot better than he is.

1 hour ago, Your Fight Site said:

I like how people see gymnast Kacy perform a gymnastic-looking move… and then assume her boyfriend’s taught her it.

Yeah, there is a fair chance he probably helped with her learning to land a move and not break her wrists, being an experienced professionally trained wrestler and her, a gymnast learning to bump and land a wrestling move and land on another person.

But I get what you were trying.