The NXT Discussion Thread

DJM

1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Whoever that battery is for, I can’t help but feel like it’s going to be a disappointment. That’s probably just be the pessimist in me, but I just can’t seem to get my hopes up about much these days

Seen speculation that it might be Teagen Nox as she’s due back soon from her latest knee injury

4 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Whoever that battery is for, I can’t help but feel like it’s going to be a disappointment. That’s probably just be the pessimist in me, but I just can’t seem to get my hopes up about much these days

Hell in a Duracel to replace the ladder matches

Definitely get major Imperium vibes from the Diamond Mine. Rumours they were going to be PC guys was slightly more exciting.

Don’t know much about Rust or the Japanese guy but they’re in good hands will Roddy and Bivens.

NXT has got its groove back in recent weeks.

• Paid Members
On 6/23/2021 at 10:29 AM, Snitsky's back acne said:

Wrestler I did not expect to see on NXT: Hideki Suzuki
Wrestler who just debuted on NXT: Hideki Suzuki

Crazy.

It's looking like he was probably a last minute replacement (given he was signed to be a trainer) as apparently Arturo Ruas was supposed to be in the group, but then got released.

Likewise with Marina Shafir.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I don’t know if it’s because there’s too much wrestling to watch nowadays, whether AEW raised the bar too high or whether it’s just not for me anymore. Either way though, both the Takeovers and these TV specials are getting more and more skippable and feeling less and less special. Remember when they were usually the best shows of the year?! Feels like a lifetime ago.

Everything on this Great American Bash show was fine. Nothing more, nothing less. By far, the biggest compliment you could give it was that Cole and O’Reilly didn’t go six months like last time. Cole getting his win back is the epitome of what I mean though. NXT is just spinning it’s wheels and going nowhere.

God bless Tegan Nox as well, that return with the lights going out was actually quite cool, but I can’t get excited about someone I’m one hundred percent certain is going to be injured again within weeks. That battery you’ve fully charged is faulty, mate.

Such a shame to see what NXT has become. I can’t see me dipping my toe back in unless Samoa Joe actually has a match.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

There's 7 titles on the NXT brand for a two hour show.

Add in around 4 non title storylines going on and it honestly feels like for 120 minutes per week, they're trying to fit 11 different sub plots into the narrative and not make it feel like overload.

An enjoyable watch but just felt like a really strong episode of TV rather than a special.

MSK are just brilliant. They manage to stand out in WWE's over crowded (but forgettable) tag Scene 

Tegan Knox return was brilliant but two minor moans-Her appearance, she looked to casual (a problem with NXT wrestlers in general, dress them like stars ffs) and the weird kind of waving she did, it would have made more sense for her to come out angry and just chase Candice away leaving Indi on her own.

Hit Row are going to be fast tracked to the main roster i feel, they just ooze star power and they would definitely freshen up Raw or Smackdown.

Glad the Million Dollar Belt feud is continuing, I'm expecting some brilliant skits from it.

The new tournament kinda feels like old hat already, WWE have just done so many NXT Tournaments over the last few years

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

According to reports, Adam Coles contract expired in July and he has agreed to work until after Summer slam before evaluating whether he will re-sign or leave.

Twitter seems to think he's a dead cert to jump to AEW due to not having 'anything left to do' in WWE.

https://whatculture.com/amp/wwe/reports-adam-coles-wwe-contract-expired-in-july?__twitter_impression=true 

Edited by Nick James

I'd agree there's nothing really left to do in NXT for him but a proper main roster run? I guess it depends if he wants to risk that or not.

I think he'd get a fair crack on Smackdown but Raw would probably be a disaster.

I can see him happier floating around AEW, PWG, New Japan etc.