The NXT Discussion Thread

DJM

Curious to see how this new directive and direction goes really. Mostly because a fair amount of talent they've got there doesn't seem to fit in with what they're suggesting. So will there be more releases? Or call ups to the main roster? I honestly don't have a clue what's going on with NXT and I'm not sure they do either. I do wonder how HHH feels when he's apparently not involved in the releases at all.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

I do wonder how HHH feels when he's apparently not involved in the releases at all.

Do we believe that? Or does it just suit them to keep HHH as the babyface leader of the NXT brand? I really think it's the latter.

At this rate, I’m (jokingly) expecting the theme tune coming out of Takeover to be ‘Welcome Home’ by Coheed and Cambria.

Plus, I was already expecting Odyssey Jones to win the Breakout Tournament, so unless his opponent is Duke Hudson, I’ll be more convinced ever.

He’s the epitome of what Vince, Ace and Bruce want to be pushed in NXT.

On 8/16/2021 at 9:20 AM, WyattSheepMask said:

According to Fightful Select (?), after Takeover NXT is going back to taping episodes rather than airing live, with taping staking place on Mondays and Tuesdays

Another nothing story.  They're upgrading/refurbing the CWC so are recording episodes in advance because it won't be accessible for a few weeks, then it's going back to being live.

• Paid Members

A decent, hard hitting Takeover all in all. It's a shame the Takeovers don't reach the heights of days passed as they used to be my favourite events, now they just seem like longer TV episodes.

They have killed Kross dead now by taking away Scarlett in NXT as well as Raw, I'm hoping they have taken her away to debut her on her own as she will be dead in the water with Kross, and I used to really like Kross.

Kai should have taken the title, there's something about Gonzalez that I just can't get on board with and she feels like a but of a failed champion. Any idea where Shirai is? Won the tag belts with Stark and hasn't been seen since.

According to reports, that was Coles final match in NXT, potentially WWE as a whole. He's had a good run and there's nothing left for him to do, I can't help but think he will get lost in the shuffle on the main roster with him being relatively small, even compared to some of the smaller guys.

Someone tell WALTER and Dragunov that wrestling isn't real, Jesus Christ, I was exhausted after that match.

Even as a huge NXT fan going back to the days of Lucky Cannon, I can feel the product is dead. The only thing it has at the moment is that it looks different to Raw and Smackdown, but it looks like even that is going to change.

• Paid Members

Just caught up with Takeover this morning. Were those "bullshit" chants at the end of the Cole/O'Reilly match?

I mean, those matches  are bullshit, but presumably the chants were from mutants who were pissed off it didn't go 3 hours and/or no-one killed themselves off the top of the cage?