The NXT Discussion Thread

DJM

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

Will be interesting to see who the next NXT champ will be next week. Feels like LA Knight.

I thought it was a number one contendership match, rather than for the title unless I've missed something?

14 minutes ago, mim731 said:

I thought it was a number one contendership match, rather than for the title unless I've missed something?

No you haven't, I just think Joe is losing immediately so the winner will go on to win the title. With the idea of the "new NXT", I think Knight fits the bill moreso than Ciampa, Kyle or Dunne.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

No you haven't, I just think Joe is losing immediately so the winner will go on to win the title. With the idea of the "new NXT", I think Knight fits the bill moreso than Ciampa, Kyle or Dunne.

Ah I see! I agree on Knight going into the feud with Joe if nothing else because it's a fresh face in a main event role in NXT, whether that's for better or worse he's definitely someone who hasn't been in a featured NXT title match to date. 

3 minutes ago, Daaaaaad! said:

Spoilers in video:

Hide contents

Samoa Joe has relinquished the NXT title due to WWE medical advice 

Vince is in, so I guess Joe is out.

Spoiler

You can't help but wonder if this is anligit injury, or one that WWE has deemed "ligit" similarly to how he was on the main roster.

Im not one for conspiracy theories, but Christ, there is so much bad will at WWE right now it's not too hard to imagine.

25 minutes ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

There was talk going around that Joe's return was only going to be for two matches, then he was going to become a trainer, so he was losing the belt soon no matter what. With that being the case, it being legit makes more sense than the alternative. 

Fair. I suppose if there was anything legitimately shady they'd have him drop the belt direct to his successor. 

Exactly - there's no need to have him vacate, he was always supposed to drop the belt in the next match. The fact he hinted at challenging the new champ (for what would be match two of the agreed two) means they'll be doing the match in the end anyway, so there's literally no logical reason for this to not be a legit injury/illness.

• Paid Members

Normally, you’d assume they’ll make the Four Way on this week’s show for the Title now rather than to determine Number One Contender, but look at the state of it! Considering the new regime want tall, young talent that haven’t worked the Independents, you’d think the old guard were trying to make it as difficult for them as possible! Have a bunch of old midgets from the indies, fuckers!

1327249C-3DC9-43D7-89A3-F9C576753299.thumb.jpeg.42aff3657a29d3d2c9bf49384bba4b22.jpeg

Given the new direction, all four of these lads should probably consider this a Loser and Winner Leaves Town Match. I doubt any of them have much of a future in the new, colourful, tall, young, Saved By the Bell NXT.

Honestly though, even more intriguing than who’ll be the next NXT Champion, is whether they open Tuesday’s show with Vince or Bruce turning the fucking lights on. One of the worst decisions of Hunter and Shawn’s entire run was bringing fans back in the post-Covid era but in the name of grit and edginess continuing to keep it so dark that you could barely tell if fans were in attendance.

Fittingly, considering this week sees the re-launch of NXT, this GIF appeared on my timeline today. I’d completely forgotten this match had even taken place! Fucking hell, what a pile of shit this was!

A977F4BE-326A-4AE7-82D7-1749F6142214.gif.16400e1bb8545490d162793cfb4c6dcc.gif

In retrospect, this was the end. Forget the ladder matches. Forget the hot-shotting. Forget that awful four-way Iron Man match where they just did moves forever. That match, Gargano and Ciampa going about three hours in the worst example of HBK melodrama, was the end. The exact point where they fully went up their own arse.

How much do you reckon it’d cost to bring Bret in full-time?

Edited by Supremo