The NXT Discussion Thread

DJM

Honestly, I imagine it's something as simple as them just not caring. It's been 20 years since his dad was a regularly featured wrestler on a national TV show, and while Scott Steiner wrestled for TNA, even that was quite some time ago. If WWE's primary target audience is kids, they probably feel like there's no reason to be bound to a legacy name that their target audience likely won't be aware of. 

As far as his ringwear goes, that may be something as simple as a tribute from him to his dad. 

Credit where it's due, that's a proper overhaul of your show's aesthetics. I didn't realise until I saw it how sick to the teeth I was of NXT being a yellow paradise. Decent show, and they've got me a little for trying something new, but it's probably a case of one hour too far for me each week. A lot of it still blends together from one segment to the next without sticking in my memory. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

Honestly, I imagine it's something as simple as them just not caring. It's been 20 years since his dad was a regularly featured wrestler on a national TV show, and while Scott Steiner wrestled for TNA, even that was quite some time ago. If WWE's primary target audience is kids, they probably feel like there's no reason to be bound to a legacy name that their target audience likely won't be aware of. 

As far as his ringwear goes, that may be something as simple as a tribute from him to his dad. 

I think the ringwear will also be an effort to engage kids as the target audience.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Ironic Indie Lad said:

What the fuck is the point in signing Rick Steiners son, dressing him up as Rick Steiner but then changing his name. 

I reckon we are 2-3 years away from WWE not even giving guys names and just assigning them sounds.

Paul Heyman - *flies buzzing*

• Awards Moderator
4 hours ago, Ironic Indie Lad said:

What the fuck is the point in signing Rick Steiners son, dressing him up as Rick Steiner but then changing his name. 

I reckon we are 2-3 years away from WWE not even giving guys names and just assigning them sounds.

This sounds like an excellent idea, something properly different.

Dolph Ziggler - *sigh of disappointment*