Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Honestly, I imagine it's something as simple as them just not caring. It's been 20 years since his dad was a regularly featured wrestler on a national TV show, and while Scott Steiner wrestled for TNA, even that was quite some time ago. If WWE's primary target audience is kids, they probably feel like there's no reason to be bound to a legacy name that their target audience likely won't be aware of. 

As far as his ringwear goes, that may be something as simple as a tribute from him to his dad. 

Posted

Credit where it's due, that's a proper overhaul of your show's aesthetics. I didn't realise until I saw it how sick to the teeth I was of NXT being a yellow paradise. Decent show, and they've got me a little for trying something new, but it's probably a case of one hour too far for me each week. A lot of it still blends together from one segment to the next without sticking in my memory. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

Honestly, I imagine it's something as simple as them just not caring. It's been 20 years since his dad was a regularly featured wrestler on a national TV show, and while Scott Steiner wrestled for TNA, even that was quite some time ago. If WWE's primary target audience is kids, they probably feel like there's no reason to be bound to a legacy name that their target audience likely won't be aware of. 

As far as his ringwear goes, that may be something as simple as a tribute from him to his dad. 

I think the ringwear will also be an effort to engage kids as the target audience.

  • Paid Members
Posted
4 hours ago, Ironic Indie Lad said:

What the fuck is the point in signing Rick Steiners son, dressing him up as Rick Steiner but then changing his name. 

I reckon we are 2-3 years away from WWE not even giving guys names and just assigning them sounds.

Paul Heyman - *flies buzzing*

  • Awards Moderator
Posted
4 hours ago, Ironic Indie Lad said:

What the fuck is the point in signing Rick Steiners son, dressing him up as Rick Steiner but then changing his name. 

I reckon we are 2-3 years away from WWE not even giving guys names and just assigning them sounds.

This sounds like an excellent idea, something properly different.

Dolph Ziggler - *sigh of disappointment*

  • Paid Members
Posted

Hope the overwhelmingly negative reaction to that terrible name forces them into a quick change, bit like it did for the Viking Experience. The lad looks the fucking business but I can't get behind that name at all. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

I'm just angry that they keep calling this NXT 2.0, blatantly disregarding the original, good NXT where Low Ki was forced to carry a barrel around the ring and Derrick Batemen had to win Redemption Points.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...