The NXT Discussion Thread

DJM

I have always got the impression Gargano is happy in the 'E; He's had a great NXT run, its pretty clear he enjoys goofing around with his mate and wife in The Way, it feels like he actually is afforded a little creative freedom with his superhero inspired stuff and now with a pregnant wife it would be a good time to secure a new contract.

• Paid Members

NXT should have gotten back to Full Sail as soon as it was possible to do so, the CWC feels like we are still in pandemic era.

You would like to think Dunne will take the title and have a good crack with Ridge in his corner, before Ridge takes it from him.

NXT has needed a rebrand for so long that I'm genuinely excited to see how it all pans out tonight. Just leave off the LED's and it should be fine. 

Am I right in thinking NXT is on the USA network? If so, I imagine a lot of what they are doing with NXT is to sweeten the network who seem fuming with them at every turn lately for the focus going in to Smackdown.

• Paid Members

Best episode of NXT to ever air on USA Network.

A bonkers clash of timelines, filled with mad debuts of guys reeking of FCW, guys from the previous era like Ciampa and Dunne looking like they’d quantum leaped onto the wrong show, the bizarre game show presentation, bright lights, mad colours, a fucking Steiner showing up and instantly being the most exciting prospect in the whole company, and then the greatest wrestling wedding I’ve ever seen. I know they won’t be able to sustain this energy and it eventually become a mostly average developmental show but as of right now this was leagues above the dying Indy Fed we had previously. I can’t remember the last time a comedy segment on WWE television hit as well as that wedding. Absolutely note perfect. Such a laugh.

Poor Kyle O’Rielly though. You have to assume he sent a text to Adam Cole at some point today. They might as well have put him in a crate with, “ROH,” written on it.

But yeah. Rex Steiner should be WWE Champion in five years. That lad is a beast!

The wedding was a great laugh but the rest of it wasn't for me. But this is perhaps because I had no idea Bron Breakker was a Steiner. What a shit name. Then this kayfabe unknown lad beats a guy who will be in the title match later and ISN'T added to the match?? And LA Knight keeps his spot? Did I miss something...?! 😂

The wedding is worth catching though, and the fans were great. Couldn't see any corpsing though which was a shame!

I reckon had they kept the planned name of ‘Rex Steiner’, he’d be unified WWE and Universal Champion by next Friday.

I think last night showed that Vince probably knows what he’s doing more than people give him credit for. That was a tremendously entertaining, neon car crash.…. and that’s what I want from wrestling.

Lots of stuff to like about NXT 2.0, impressed with a good few of the new guys like Melo Hayes & Trick Williams for example.

The look and feel of the show was quite refreshing too but the main take away from the show is - what was wrong with just Rex fkn Steiner !

LOOK AT HIM BRUCE..HE'S BRONNNNN BREAKKKKER