WWE Network 2021

tiger_rick

26 minutes ago, BigJag said:

Not on the network. However has anyone watched the A&E biography shows? they started last week with a longer than expected show on SCSA. It's a good 90mins long and quite detailed. Hot Rod is the subject of last nights show.

They've also got a show called WWE's Hidden Treasure's. The first show was Mick Foley and a PC trainee/memorabilia hunter searching around for some iconic pieces of memorabilia from Foley's career. Each episode has a different WWE Superstar as the focus. Again this was better than I expected it to be. 

I’ve only seen a clip of Taker and Kane pressuring some poor sod into doubling his offer for Kane’s old Unabomer gear. 
Years ago it would probably have been the kind of thing I’d have loved to see,  but I can’t imagine I’ll go out of my way to watch it. If it turns on the network eventually I might give it a go

2 hours ago, BigJag said:

Not on the network. However has anyone watched the A&E biography shows? they started last week with a longer than expected show on SCSA. It's a good 90mins long and quite detailed. Hot Rod is the subject of last nights show.

They've also got a show called WWE's Hidden Treasure's. The first show was Mick Foley and a PC trainee/memorabilia hunter searching around for some iconic pieces of memorabilia from Foley's career. Each episode has a different WWE Superstar as the focus. Again this was better than I expected it to be. 

Are these the same shows that aired on the old Biography channel on Sky around 2000-01?  I remember them showing a Jesse Ventura episode which was pretty decent.

• Paid Members
18 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I’ve only seen a clip of Taker and Kane pressuring some poor sod into doubling his offer for Kane’s old Unabomer gear. 
Years ago it would probably have been the kind of thing I’d have loved to see,  but I can’t imagine I’ll go out of my way to watch it. If it turns on the network eventually I might give it a go

Just watched this episode and its actually the other way round. The young chap is going round with Taker trying to recover old gear and memorabilia and buys the Unabomb gear from Kane with the proceeds going to charity. 

It was cheesy as hell and obviously set up, but there was enough there to make it enjoyable seeing the memorabilia and giving a bit of a story around things. There was a lot of talk around Paul Bearer in this episode. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Michael_3165 said:

Doesn't he chew tobacco? 

Yes. Or least did back then. I remember watching a shoot interview with Shawn and he was chewing tobacco throughout the whole thing.

• 2 weeks later...

The Warrior A&E piece is what you would expect. 

Such a genuinely horrible bloke that most people forgave/looked past his faults because he was such an important part of their childhoods. 

There was some interesting footage, like behind-the-scenes of him shooting a video apology for a kid he had been horrible to at an airport. 

The bit about Warrior's 'political speaking' career is bollocks, too. Making out that he realised he had fucked up massively at UCONN and then turned a corner. He was just trying to find another 'brotherhood' after leaving wrestling apparently, and found it in conservatism. 

Shame he continued spewing vile on his website for years after that infamous speech. 

Also the bit at the end about him being a changed family man and how redemption is possible blah blah blah - typical WWE fluff.

1 hour ago, SaitoRyo said:

The Warrior A&E piece is what you would expect. 

Such a genuinely horrible bloke that most people forgave/looked past his faults because he was such an important part of their childhoods. 

There was some interesting footage, like behind-the-scenes of him shooting a video apology for a kid he had been horrible to at an airport. 

The bit about Warrior's 'political speaking' career is bollocks, too. Making out that he realised he had fucked up massively at UCONN and then turned a corner. He was just trying to find another 'brotherhood' after leaving wrestling apparently, and found it in conservatism. 

Shame he continued spewing vile on his website for years after that infamous speech. 

Also the bit at the end about him being a changed family man and how redemption is possible blah blah blah - typical WWE fluff.

Have a feeling that the Dark Side of the Ring doc might not be as forgiving

1 minute ago, Tsurutagun said:

Have a feeling that the Dark Side of the Ring doc might not be as forgiving

Yeah, I'm much more looking forward to that. Not because I necessarily like negative stuff, but because the posthumous lionising of Warrior is pretty hard to stomach and there should be something like a counterpoint.