WWE Network 2021

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, MEGABUCKS said:

Who remembers that bearded guy with long hair? Used to look abit between a hobo Diesel / Mick Foley

If we're discussing  the same guy, I've seen him frequently referred to as "Faith No More Guy" due to his resemblance to their guitarist. 

I believe he binned off wrestling years ago. 

On 4/11/2021 at 10:12 PM, Perry said:

Foley will put a word in for Frank

oh god please no, Is there anybody more hatable than him? I hate the term 'White privaledge' but him and Noelle are that in a nutshell. He is just that guy who thinks he's awesome despite everything finding him very annoying. He's basically the real life Miz

• Paid Members
On 4/13/2021 at 3:01 PM, theringmaster said:

I hate the term 'White privaledge' but him and Noelle are that in a nutshell.

No, they're not. They're 'privileged' absolutely, but that's not what people are talking about when they talk about 'white privilege'. 'White privilege' is more about not being as likely to be arrested or shot by a cop, or being not called to an interview because you have an 'unusual' name.

Edited by Chris B

The Jericho BSS may be Austins best ever one. You can see why he's been so successful in the business. Pissed all over the Taker and Kane ones.  As much as Jericho gets slated on here, it’s a great listen for anyone who’s even remotely followed his career.

Edited by Mr Lawrence

I enjoyed the Jericho Austin show.

Made me remember just how much I loved Jericho and Ralphus in WCW and his early WWF run. One thing I did notice was that they aired his Evenflow rip off theme when he started naming the 1004 holds rather than the dubbed version of Break Down The Walls the Network normally use.... Don't know if this is due to the Peacock move or (more than likely) just because it was a snippet they didn't need to edit it.

11 hours ago, Mr Lawrence said:

The Jericho BSS may be Austins best ever one. You can see why he's been so successful in the business. Pissed all over the Taker and Kane ones.  As much as Jericho gets slated on here, it’s a great listen for anyone who’s even remotely followed his career.

Yeah I completely agree. I’m not a fan of Jericho’s real life personality but I found it fascinating how he told stories of completely changing his character to stay over throughout the years. The dude is super clever in that aspect. Just a dumb shit when it comes to covid and politics 

• Paid Members
On 4/13/2021 at 3:01 PM, theringmaster said:

I hate the term 'White privaledge'

This is my first time encountering it, and now I hate it too.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Michael_3165 said:

Why do you hate it? If you think that's annoying, try white fragility 😋

55 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said:

I don't see the issue w it. It's not a surprise that the majority have an advantage. 

T8C19go.gif.30f1bf117af7c4bc92a22f46080e66f1.gif

Edited by Devon Malcolm

• 2 weeks later...

The Miz 24 is another cracking piece from the WWE documentary crew. 

Covers everything from his childhood, the Real World, his early days being hazed by JBL and the rest of the goon squad, rise up the card, WWE Title win and everything else. 

The first half is much more interesting than the second, but it's worth 70 minutes of your time. 

He's still not likeable, of course, even speaking earnestly and out-of-character, but everyone in the doc admits as much anyway. It's an interesting story and good to see a piece on someone different for a change. 

You can see why he's had the longevity he has had when watching it and everyone is pretty open and honest about him as a performer and person. 

• Paid Members

Not on the network. However has anyone watched the A&E biography shows? they started last week with a longer than expected show on SCSA. It's a good 90mins long and quite detailed. Hot Rod is the subject of last nights show.

They've also got a show called WWE's Hidden Treasure's. The first show was Mick Foley and a PC trainee/memorabilia hunter searching around for some iconic pieces of memorabilia from Foley's career. Each episode has a different WWE Superstar as the focus. Again this was better than I expected it to be. 

• Paid Members

the Stone Cold biography was pretty interesting, nothing much in terms of new information, other than some stuff I didn't know about his health going into Wrestlemania XIX, and chat about his family. It was impressively all-access, though, and a great overview of his career - though with an obvious WWE focus, as they don't touch on anything with Chris Adams beyond being trained by him, and sprint through his WCW run, with "he was in a tag team" taking all of a few seconds, and clips of him with Paul E. Dangerously as his manager to justify Heyman's involvement in the documentary, but no explanation as to what their history was, or Heyman allegedly singling him out as a future star.

One of the most telling things is how WWE creative had absolutely no clue what they had with him - you get all the usual laughing it up as Frost McFang, Chilly McFreeze and Baron Von Ruthless, but they also show some character concept art that had him wearing a sequinned jacket with "STONE COLD" written on the back, just couldn't be further removed from the kind of gimmick he was pitching to them.

Heyman and to a lesser extent JR talk up how he was signed to WWE based on how great his work was in ECW, but I don't believe it for a second. I think him appearing in ECW told JR that he was available and he made a push to sign him based on his WCW work; from the concept art for that jacket, to the whole Ringmaster gimmick, they clearly figured they were getting the wrestler he was in WCW, not the angry promos and proto-Stone Cold material he was coming up with in ECW. 

Mick Foley talks about how the success of the Attitude Era was in allowing wrestlers to bring more of themselves to their character and performance, which really makes you want to ask Vince McMahon when he decided on the exact opposite instead.