WWE Network 2021

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

3 hours ago, Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartz said:

Just checked and my US subscription has now "expired". I would imagine that other subscribers with US accounts will experience the same soon.

Should warn people you need to be very careful as a hypothetical British person I know has been very unlucky. Back in 2014 they accidentally typed in a US address and paid by PayPal and signed up to WWE Network at $9.99.

It was automatically deactivated today but by a weird coincidence they'd been trying out the free one-day trial of CyberGhost VPN earlier today and forgot they'd left it set to the Philippines. When they went to their account page at WWE and clicked on the "reactivate subscription" button, they didn't realise it was set to $9.99 rather than £9.99 until it was too late.

1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Mine is still working on the US account I used when I set it up, but it’s the UK version of the network that loads and has been for a long time.

Mine has been the UK version of the Network I have been using as well. I was  kinda hoping that my sub would continue to work but I was expecting it to be deactivated at some point. 

7 minutes ago, JNLister said:

My hypothetical friend of the Philippines confusion had their account cancelled again today and a full refund.

Me and your hypothetical friend are in the same boat.

Just used another email address and changed my payment method from PayPal to Debit card so hopefully that will do the trick.

On 4/2/2021 at 7:43 PM, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Takeover Night 1 is airing simultaneously on USA/BT and Peacock/Network on Wednesday, with the latter airing commercial free

Does anyone know whether Night 1 will be available to stream the day after? I’m worried that I will have to wait a week to watch like the usual NXT TV show unless I watch live. 

They’re usually on there to stream straight away, it’s just the TV that’s had a week delay. Whether that’s changed or not now they’ve gone to Peacock in the US and with this two shows being midweek, I don’t know, but normally they are there the following day

Edited by WyattSheepMask

6 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

They’re usually on there to stream straight away, it’s just the TV that’s had a week delay. Whether that’s changed or not now they’ve gone to Peacock in the US and with this two shows being midweek, I don’t know, but normally they are there the following day

Yes my only worry is that Takeover Night 1 is taking the place of the weekly TV show on USA and BT Sport, so will it be seen by WWE/BT etc as NXT TV and be delayed to stream as usual, despite the simulcast? I can’t seem to find an answer anywhere so it’s just a fingers crossed situation I suppose! Both nights look great. 

Have BT shown the previous few Takeovers? If they have, then in theory it should be on the network the following day. But like you said, with this being midweek are they classing it as the TV show.

We’ll only know for sure come Thursday morning, but I’m sure that if you were to look online in some place where ‘watch’ and ‘wrestling’ are in the address, then that might be an alternative should it not be on the network

2 hours ago, Bret Hart's Buddy said:

Does anyone know whether Night 1 will be available to stream the day after? I’m worried that I will have to wait a week to watch like the usual NXT TV show unless I watch live. 

It’s airing live on the Network as it’s a special not a regular week NXT so it’ll be treated as such and be on demand

• Paid Members
On 4/3/2021 at 5:25 PM, Project Nim said:

Rewatching Wrestlemania 8 as the final stop on my nostalgia tour before I exit the network after next weeks Mania.

Vince had swapped from a stadium to a arena show the previous Mania due to poor ticket sales. What gave him the confidence to run a stadium show for 8? Was it the introduction of Flair?

Couldn't police the whole thing right at Wrestlemania 7. Security was tight everywhere and at every event during that bit of 1991. Superbowl had problems. People really thought the Iraqi's would send a plane over and drop a big SCUD missile somewhere. Once the War was over, big stadiums again ahoy!

• Paid Members

I always love how WrestleMania 7 in a 100,000 seat stadium was moved a couple of weeks before the show and even though it was definitely for security reasons and not poor ticket sales, they still managed to fit everyone who'd bought a ticket into a 16,000 seat arena without any problems.