WWE Network 2021

tiger_rick

I can Deffo get on board with some Wrestling Challenge eps. 

On another note, complete dunce here when it comes to computer/streaming jargon so may not be wording this right but, does the compilation of specific matches (I.e. the Best Of series) take up more memory/space for their servers? I get the appeal of lumping a specific group of matches together, but as they're already on the network within the PPV/TV shows etc is it counter productive?

Apologies for poor wording!

Edited by Mikeymike83

• Paid Members

I'd imagine they'll be Challenge episodes that were on Sky Sports a couple of years ago as part of the "WWE Classics" run. I remember those were from 1986/87 and will have already been edited for copyright as well as avoiding the "Superstars of Wrestling" issue.

Edited by garynysmon

1 hour ago, Michael_3165 said:

I just had a look on youtube. Why on earth wouldd they put so many full matches on there when they are losing network subs? I can watch so many relatively new matches for free.. Why would you opt to pay fore the network? Makes no business sense.. 

That's a poor comparison. There's a decent but still extremely limited selection of standalone matches on YouTube, a lot of which are only up for a few weeks to plug the next PPV. I daresay dangling those carrots is in fact great business sense as it tantalises people into Network subs. 

You may as well ask why Netflix exists if you can just watch all the trailers on YouTube. 

WWE Network is for people who want wrestling Netflix. That audience has a definite ceiling - which we saw established nearly immediately into its run - but that's always been what they've banked on. That and never needing to pay cable companies the 30/40/50 dollars per PPV again. 

YouTube aren't showing live PPVs are they? 

No but as someone that only got it exclusively for classic stuff they have more than enough on youtube for me.. 

Also trailers comparison is nonsense. They show full matches on youtube nott just clips. It depends how much ccomtentt you want.. Its clearly not drawing the  lapsed fans who will just as easily watch occasional old school matches on YouTube.. Me being one of them. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said:

Its clearly not drawing the  lapsed fans who will just as easily watch occasional old school matches on YouTube

If they didn't put them on YouTube would you pay £120 a year to watch them or just watch something else on YouTube? 

Perhaps you aren't the person they are after. 

5 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said:

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Michael_3165 said:

Also trailers comparison is nonsense.

It's not at all. Their YouTube videos are chock full of adverts and links to the Network. It's very much a teaser.

YouTube has a few purposes. It's there to advertise their content and try and snaffle network subscriptions from interested parties. It's also another very useful PR measure for them in their (successful) battle to persuade Networks and Advertisers to over-pay for their content. It's just another social media with hundreds of millions of views, likes and comments.

Edited by tiger_rick