WWE Network 2021

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

It's not at all. Their YouTube videos are chock full of adverts and links to the Network. It's very much a teaser.

Even the Network itself is a teaser for the current product, so it shouldn't be a surprise.

When watching a marathon of old episodes from the 90's you're still bombarded with ads between shows for Total Divas and NXT or whatever, so the endgame is quite clear.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mr Lawrence said:

Bayley is a really likeable young lady on the Stonecold sessions isnt she.  

I watched this a couple of days ago. I’m a fan of the Steve shows and like the idea of doing newer guys instead of just the usual repeated list of “legends” they always focus on. 

Bayley came across really great. Seems super nice and grounded. It’s amazing to see how badly they fucked her up and how great the turn around has been. She seems to be doing the best work of her career since the heel turn. Gives hope to the geeks like ricochet, aleister black etc that they can still salvage people they’ve ruined. Also, felt a bit sad for her when she said it upset her when the “fans” were booing her while she was injured. 

The Bianca Belair Chronicle is every bit as incredible as you'd hope. So revealing. So inspiring.

I know some people don't like seeing behind the curtain but damn, you want to see this girl succeed SO bad after this. Not that I didn't enjoy the Bianca Belair we see on screen but with everything she's been through and her determination etc I am all in.

• Awards Moderator
17 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

The Day Of: Rumble 2014 is a short but sweet watch. Such a crazy hot time. Bittersweet seeing Harper there and Connor at the end. Batista always comes across as such a decent guy.

Was just coming here to post about it. It was a decent watch but the bit at the end with Connor - specifically when he said that he wanted Batista to have a match with Bryan ‘soon’ - completely wrote me off. I interpreted it as the little fella knowing he didn’t have long left.

This pandemic and its circumstances has turned me into an emotional mess.

But yeah, Big Dave just comes across as such a good lad and you could see what a nervous wreck he was on the day. That girl making his kecks spent half the day looking at his package; she defo made a mess of them intentionally to draw it out.

Edited by Frankie Crisp

• 3 weeks later...

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet but tonight on the WWE network is the comeback show for Progress...... It's chapter 104 - Natural progression. 
Basically it's there normal Natural progression show with all the lesser known/Up and coming guys from the UK scene but you couldn't possibly think of a more underwhelming show to go with as there comeback show than one filled with no big/top named talent on it. And what is the payoff for the winner of this year's......There isn't going to be a big "progress wrestlemania" type show that the winner can be a part of........It just seems like a really weird and substandard choice for the progress management to go with. 

Not only that there is quite alot of negative comments on twitter and IMO rightly so for Progress completely ignoring and not mentioning anything to do with the #speakingout movement that a fair amount of their talent were mentioned and had allegations made towards. 

Lastly with the network going with putting out watered down best of shows with regards to progress instead of putting out any full chapter shows which everyone thought they would be doing, You have to think that this progress comeback show will be completely watered down and made for the WWE fans and not the original progress style and ethos. 

1 hour ago, Kfogg1991 said:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet but tonight on the WWE network is the comeback show for Progress......

And then you mentioned loads of reasons why people aren't really that interested, so it's not that surprising really.

They've done a shit job. There's no buzz. There's no excitement about the product and therefore no excitement about it being on the Network. It's just there and most people will probably accidentally find it.

It's a nothing move. If it had been at the height of their popularity and creativity then it would've been far more beneficial. But now? No one gives a fuck.

• Paid Members

PROGRESS is dead. The sooner the owners and fans realise that the better. They had their brief moment in the sun but the owners sold out at the first opportunity, they lost all their top guys, ran out of story ideas, management became a bunch of smug cunts and most the roster/staff turned out to be nonces. Two thirds of the original owners fucking off for WWE contracts and running away from the SpeakingOut scandal was the final nail in the coffin.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

Two thirds of the original owners fucking off for WWE contracts and running away from the SpeakingOut scandal was the final nail in the coffin.

And the other one quit when an allegation came out about him and nothing has been said since. Jim Smallman has been quiet on this. Probably because WWE told him to, but he should’ve grown some balls and said something. Especially after Jon Brileys “I don’t think this happened at one of our shows” tweet. 

And as you said, ran out of storylines. They actually peaked in those first 20 or so shows with the Jimmy Havoc storyline. He of all people was the star of that rise and it was all downhill from there once it concluded. 

Smug cunt owners. The most irritating fans in the world. Some of those ‘ultras’ still sticking up for them. I can’t wait until the promotion is completely dead. 

The “watered down Best ofs” are the trade off because the rest of the stuff features someone with some kinds of horrendous allegation them. Each wave of storylines brought with it a different person with some black mark against their name. 

Then again, they uploaded Evolve #1 last week which had Mike Quackenbush on it, so who knows, the full chapters might wind up there eventually for anyone desperate enough to watch a show full of abusers.

For anyone that might be interested, the first third of this weeks Grappl Spotlight did a great job covering the problems with the promotion’s return - https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/grappl/id1457083211?i=1000509202417

head to the 17:00 mark

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

And the other one quit when an allegation came out about him and nothing has been said since. Jim Smallman has been quiet on this. Probably because WWE told him to, but he should’ve grown some balls and said something. Especially after Jon Brileys “I don’t think this happened at one of our shows” tweet. 

And as you said, ran out of storylines. They actually peaked in those first 20 or so shows with the Jimmy Havoc storyline. He of all people was the star of that rise and it was all downhill from there once it concluded. 

Smug cunt owners. The most irritating fans in the world. Some of those ‘ultras’ still sticking up for them. I can’t wait until the promotion is completely dead. 

Yep the constant back patting was absolutely revolting. One of the reasons I stopped going was because I was so bored of Smallmans smug shitty 30 minute solo act at the start of every show.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Yep the constant back patting was absolutely revolting. One of the reasons I stopped going was because I was so bored of Smallmans smug shitty 30 minute solo act at the start of every show.

I only went to three shows after watching the first 10 chapters on dvd that someone was kind enough to lend me. One of the shows I went to was the first SSS16 weekender. Between Smallmans awful attempts at comedy - the nerve of him to call himself a stand up, and the fans grinning and lapping up everything their Jim Jones figure was saying was enough for me not to go again. Just get on with the fucking show. The wrestling was good but not worth being around the majority of the fans and listening to Smallman anymore. 

I did stay in their fan group, because that was some place. There was always some argument after a show.