WWE Network 2021

tiger_rick

24 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

What else would we get on Peacock over here if the Network did migrate across? If I lose my access to it because I'm with Virgin Media I'll just sack it off and get Britbox instead.

Think it’s hard to say because a lot of what’s on the US version is probably shown by other broadcasters over here already. I’m guessing anything that Comcast owns and Sky already show can still be on the UK version of Peacock though (like Saturday Night Live). No way is Premier League football going on Peacock UK of course (at least live games anyway). There are some original series that Peacock show so I’d guess we’ll get those. We’ll probably end up getting the new Saved By The Bell too as I don’t think any other UK Broadcaster has shown that yet (correct me if I’m wrong).

Anybody else’s Network playing silly buggers on Roku?

Anything that I try and watch it just kicks me back to the Roku Home Screen. I’ve tried logging out and back in again, I’ve deleted and re-added the WWE Network Channel, I’ve turned it on & off again, but just kicked back to the Home Screen every time 

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Anybody else’s Network playing silly buggers on Roku?

Anything that I try and watch it just kicks me back to the Roku Home Screen. I’ve tried logging out and back in again, I’ve deleted and re-added the WWE Network Channel, I’ve turned it on & off again, but just kicked back to the Home Screen every time 

I just tested mine and it's doing the exact same thing as yours, I'm not sure how long it's been going on as I haven't watched anything on there since MITB.

I need help with a couple of things...

Recently I have found that every video starts with closed caption automatically displaying.  How do I stop this from happening?

Also, I'm not sure if the search function is working properly - for example, when I search for "Mankind", only 14 matches appear.  There should be more than that.  Have the settings changed in some way?

24 minutes ago, Cocky_Pete said:

Recently I have found that every video starts with closed caption automatically displaying.  How do I stop this from happening?

Also, I'm not sure if the search function is working properly - for example, when I search for "Mankind", only 14 matches appear.  There should be more than that.  Have the settings changed in some way?

What you watching on? Might you Closed Captions set to come by default through whatever your using.

Dont bother with the Search, it’s fucking useless and always has been. If you’re wanting to watch something specific your best just finding out which show it’s from and finding it in the library yourself.

In an update from the other , The network seems to be working fine on Roku now so whatever the issue was they’ve obviously sorted it

25 minutes ago, Cocky_Pete said:

What device?  I just searched for Mankind and it showed 99+ results.   The search function improved when they resigned it, but it’s still very hit and miss with accurate results.

As for your other question, I think this is fairly new and I’d love to know the answer.

• Paid Members

I'm getting 14 matches but 99+ "moments". It does appear to only be Mankind where this is happening, though for some people with a lot of matches there seem to be some irrelevant results popping up so something may be borked.

• 2 weeks later...

Again whoever is doing the storyline editing on these 24 documentaries should legitimately get the book for Raw and Smackdown. The new WrestleMania one is well worth a watch. Only done night one so far but they present a sort of parallel universe version of WWE where everyone is human, over and counted. Mad watching them to think where some of the talent has ended up already. No maintained momentum. Just month to month "Which toys will we take out of the box?" booking. 

The WWE 24 documentaries have been consistently fantastic for that aspect.

What surprised me about this specific one though was how they downplayed the rain delay.

A few shots of leaky ceilings backstage and a 20 second clip where Vince, Hunter, & Stephanie were stood with Hogan & Titus as they got told they had to wait.

I don't know what I was expecting exactly, but something more than that.

6 hours ago, dopper said:

The WWE 24 documentaries have been consistently fantastic for that aspect.

What surprised me about this specific one though was how they downplayed the rain delay.

A few shots of leaky ceilings backstage and a 20 second clip where Vince, Hunter, & Stephanie were stood with Hogan & Titus as they got told they had to wait.

I don't know what I was expecting exactly, but something more than that.

With how quickly they removed the rain delay from the Network (and if it wasn’t for seeing about it online, you’d never have known it happened from what they uploaded), they’re clearly doing that thing where they pretend something didn’t happen and hope we all forget about it. 

16 minutes ago, Sergio Bellend said:

With how quickly they removed the rain delay from the Network (and if it wasn’t for seeing about it online, you’d never have known it happened from what they uploaded), they’re clearly doing that thing where they pretend something didn’t happen and hope we all forget about it. 

Figures. The most spontaneous and genuine moment WWE had in ages, where their top talent had to step up and deliver off the cuff at a moment's notice, rallying together as the heavens conspired to stop their triumphant return in front to crowds, at the biggest show of the year. But that wasn't the script, so in the bin with it. FFS.