• Moderators

New series of Invincible seems to have snuck on to Prime without me realising. Caught the first episode so not much to say about it yet but am very excited for this, even though I am sad that it won't have anywhere near as much omni man in it as series 1.

51 minutes ago, Rossman said:

Enjoyed Masters Of Air for what it was. But the character development was dreadful. It was comedic at times, the way people would pop up and then disappear again.

Hide contents

The young lad who was saved by the French Resistance and somehow got helped back to England. His story featured in a whole episode. Then nothing. Then the following episode in a 10 second clip. He rolls back onto base on a bicycle and then he gets sent home. They never finished what was happening with Harry Crosby and Subbleton Westgate. It also seemed strange they introduced a bunch of new characters in the penultimate episode, from a different airborne division. They all got the "what happened next" treatment in the final credits. But the commanders at the base, they didn't. They all seem to disappear towards the end. 

Yeah that’s not what these shows really do. They’re more like really really big budget war docu films with some good actors. Band of Brothers had people pop in and out with a couple of more central characters. They tend to not be overly Hollywooded in that respect. I was surprised it followed the two Bucks as closely as they did.

• Paid Members

Binging through Money Heist at the moment and on season 3. Stunning and gripping TV, with Prison Break vibes (one of my favourite all time shows). They do a brilliant job building pretty much every on screen character.

Also been working through some South Korean shows on Netflix. Bloodhounds is great for a quick rip through with only 8 episodes. The Glory is also ace, and one of those psychological revenge thrillers that, unlike Handmaid's Tale, doesn't break you down until the hero finally gets their revenge. It's comeuppance aplenty!

Enjoyed 3 Body Problem on Netflix enough that I've started on the novel.

After that I was in the mood for more glossy sci-fi, so I started For All Mankind last night. Really fun alt history stuff. I've not really binged anything in a good while, so I'm looking forward to a good 40 episodes.

Just now, BrodyGraham said:

Enjoyed 3 Body Problem on Netflix enough that I've started on the novel.

After that I was in the mood for more glossy sci-fi, so I started For All Mankind last night. Really fun alt history stuff. I've not really binged anything in a good while, so I'm looking forward to a good 40 episodes.

The original Chinese version is free on YouTube and it's an official upload, I've been enjoying it.

36 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

The original Chinese version is free on YouTube and it's an official upload, I've been enjoying it.

Class. It's on Amazon but under a really sneaky model where every few episodes you have to pay, which is a bit shit.

After a somewhat underwhleming last series, I think the new batch on Taskmaster all seem like they will be great value. Some great stuff on the first episode. A looking foward to what Steve Pemberton will do for this one.

The Gentleman is about as Guy Ritchie as you can get. Its also a perfect fit for a binge watching Netflix show too, so its a great fit for both. A very fun, switch your brain off show that you can enjoy half asleep just before you go to bed.

Started watching Kin last night. Pretty good addictive soapy gangster show. Nice to see Ciaran Hinds channeling Albert Finney for his part. Charlie Cox is an interesting pick, can see why he’s mostly closed mouthed in it. Brendan off Holyoaks must be at the top of every casting directors list for British crime shows.

• Paid Members
58 minutes ago, Dai said:

After a somewhat underwhleming last series, I think the new batch on Taskmaster all seem like they will be great value. Some great stuff on the first episode. A looking foward to what Steve Pemberton will do for this one.

It just goes to show how subjective comedy is. We all enjoyed the last series, they were a strange lot for sure. When Sue Perkins is the sanest one and you know she has had raspberry vodka blown up her arse by a shaman in a cleansing ritual you know you are in trouble. 

The new lot are great. Willan is going to be a wildcard. If you haven't watched the bonus interviews on YouTube then you should, they are very funny. 

6 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

It just goes to show how subjective comedy is. We all enjoyed the last series, they were a strange lot for sure. When Sue Perkins is the sanest one and you know she has had raspberry vodka blown up her arse by a shaman in a cleansing ritual you know you are in trouble. 

The new lot are great. Willan is going to be a wildcard. If you haven't watched the bonus interviews on YouTube then you should, they are very funny. 

Yeah, I agree that the last series was great. Mainly because of Sam Campbell.

I'm nearly through with This Town and I'm torn on it, it's certainly not a bad show but it often feels like two were pitched and then combined into one. The entire IRA plotline feels out of place and takes up so much time, there's a fair lot of inaccuracies that are sure to piss off some.

The music choices are ace exempt for the actual band being portrayed which sound nothing like two tone and more like 00's indie rejects.

• Paid Members

Currently watching Shogun which is bloody great historical drama with the right amount of fighting/killing/diabolical plotting. Cosmo Jarvis is brilliant and should be the next James Bond for sure (probably won't though). The cast as a whole are fantastic.

Also watching Scavengers Reign. A sci-fi animated show from HBO about some people who crash land on an alien planet. It's hauntingly beautiful with some of the most creative visual storytelling I've seen in ages. The originality and designs of the wide range of alien species is incredible. Highly recommend, though you'll have to torrent or use a VPN to watch it.