Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I’ve only played a little bit of Fallout 3 so I’m not really aware of much of the game but I loved the entire series.

Spoiler

The tease of New Vegas was nice for the 2nd season although I had to look it up to make sure as I’ve never played it

Fallout 4 is free on PS Plus so I’ll be off to download that now.

  • Paid Members
Posted
11 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

I’ve only played a little bit of Fallout 3 so I’m not really aware of much of the game but I loved the entire series.

  Reveal hidden contents

The tease of New Vegas was nice for the 2nd season although I had to look it up to make sure as I’ve never played it

Fallout 4 is free on PS Plus so I’ll be off to download that now.

Fallout 4 Next-gen update coming this month if you can hold off.

https://www.pcgamer.com/games/rpg/the-fallout-4-next-gen-update-announced-in-2022-will-finally-be-out-later-this-month/ 

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I'm two episodes in and struggling with it a bit. The sheer amount of slow motion and wacky humour isn't really working for me. I think the Fallout games managed to perfectly blend satirical humour and horror while the TV show seems to be focusing more on the humour and overlooking the misery and disturbing cruelty of the wasteland. I'll probably give it one or two more episodes.

Edited by LaGoosh
  • Members
Posted

For reasons known only to myself, I rewatched the entirety of Game On over the last two nights. 

It hasn't aged as terribly as I thought it would have (obviously an episode called 'Double Hard Bastards and Girly shirt-lifting tosspieces' possibly wouldn't be made today sure) but I felt it was quite a charming throwback watch. The third series was absolutely shite mind. I wanted Martin to die by the end of it.

Oh, and also second Matthew > first Matthew. Don't argue otherwise skunk pussies.

Posted (edited)

No fucking way! First Matthew was wonderful, the second was a pale comparison, living in the shadow of the man who made the character.

Edited by deathrey
Posted

I can see how Game On wouldn’t age as badly as people may think. Matthew is such a tragic loser and the joke is always on him. Obviously he’s a sexist, racist homophobe but he’s incredibly shallow with those views and he’s never held up as a character to aspire to. Ben Chapman is Matt No1 on his De Niro impression alone. Second Matthew is decent and probably suits being the loser better than super hunk Matt No1.

Posted

I started Parasyte: The Grey which is the new big Korean show on Netflix, it's based on a late 80's manga which I love but acts as a side story set in Korea during the same alien invasion. It's not bad at all, a bit daft but I still adore the monster designs with the parasites taking over the heads of humans and shaping them into the wildest weapons.

I miss Migi from the original though.

  • Members
Posted
23 minutes ago, deathrey said:

No fucking way! First Matthew was wonderful, the second was a pale comparison, living in the shadow of the man who made the character.

 

10 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Oh, and also second Matthew > first Matthew. Don't argue otherwise skunk pussies.

I like them both obviously and its close, but Chaplin was far too good looking IMO. Stuke was more pathetic and that helped the character. 

"I'm bliiiiiind maaaaaaaan" 

Posted

Wasn't that part of the juxtaposition of the character though? That he was handsome, so you want to like him, and he has everything going for him so to speak but he won't leave his house and his views are as outlined by @Mr_Danger

  • Members
Posted
34 minutes ago, deathrey said:

Wasn't that part of the juxtaposition of the character though? That he was handsome, so you want to like him, and he has everything going for him so to speak but he won't leave his house and his views are as outlined by @Mr_Danger

Yeah that definitely adds a good layer to it. Like I say, I like them both, but second Matt edges it.

Chaplin "performing" with the band is always brilliant, and Stukes work with Jason in the second series was great.

When it cuts to him in the park in his full American football gear, I lost it.

Also, never realised the flat was supposedly in Battersea. Not sure where I thought it was though. 

Posted

Ooo I'd forgotten about him 'singing' in the band! For a random BBC2 show, it was surprisingly memorable, I still occasionally ask my sister put my cup of tea 'in the hand'.

Being a northern, I just a assumed it was somewhere south which is generally anywhere from Watford to the end of the country is London.

Posted (edited)

Wasn’t there a scene that was in the first episode of new Matt that the credits played over, or was post credits where they’re watching Roseanne (I think) and they started mocking a different actor playing a character. The other two said they hate it when shows do that and they should just write out the character then shoot death stares at Matt? Or have I Mandela’d that?

Anyway, was watching Mr Mercedes, had three or four episodes left and Disney took it off so they left me hanging. Worse than their historical racism and antisemitism. So moved on to Monk. It’s marvellous. 

Edited by Keith Houchen
I got a car full of girls and it’s going real swell
  • Paid Members
Posted
5 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Wasn’t there a scene that was in the first episode of new Matt that the credits played over, or was post credits where they’re watching Roseanne (I think) and they started mocking a different actor playing a character. The other two said they hate it when shows do that and they should just write out the character then shoot death stares at Matt? Or have I Mandela’d that?

It's basically that, but I think it's Neighbours they're watching. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...