Mr_Danger Posted March 7, 2024 Posted March 7, 2024 35 minutes ago, Merzbow said: Hello-oooo, they knew what they were doing showing off Kyle there. Wish it never looked so good, it’s gonna be extra disappointing when it disappears up its own arse. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted March 7, 2024 Paid Members Posted March 7, 2024 Looks ace. Even if it’s bad, at the very least there seems to be a lot of love and fan service went into it. Quote
Merzbow Posted March 7, 2024 Posted March 7, 2024 24 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said: Wish it never looked so good, it’s gonna be extra disappointing when it disappears up its own arse. Yeah, it's the Westworld lad isn't it? I'm sure Amazon want this to be a mainstream hit though. Quote
Mr_Danger Posted March 7, 2024 Posted March 7, 2024 43 minutes ago, Merzbow said: Yeah, it's the Westworld lad isn't it? I'm sure Amazon want this to be a mainstream hit though. Yeah, Jonathan Nolan who seemed to have his brothers propensity for making gorgeous looking interesting stories that collapse under the weight of their own bull shit. Still, I stuck with Westworld till the bitter end and if I’m looking for hope it’s that it seems to be approaching it with humour. Plus Walton Goggins. Quote
organizedkaos Posted March 7, 2024 Posted March 7, 2024 Person of Interest (also Jonathan Nolan) managed to maintain p strong plot/themes/characters over the course of it's entire run. It probably helped that it had to act like it was a procedural "case of the week" for 2 seasons which means they couldn't burn through stuff as quickly. They also weirdly ripped themselves off by copying a bunch of it's better ideas for late Westworld and doing them less good. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted March 7, 2024 Members Posted March 7, 2024 Person Of Interest was bloody excellent, but Five fucking it about the listings on their main channel, 5 US, 5 Star etc killed my erm, interest. Amy Acker, Sarah Shahi, Annie Parisse and of course Jim Cavaziel. What a fit cast. Also, Harold Finch is an all time great character. Sod it, I'm going to rewatch it. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted March 7, 2024 Posted March 7, 2024 Michael Emerson is fucking amazing in basically everything. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted March 9, 2024 Members Posted March 9, 2024 Some sad news regarding the legend Lake Palmer, of Louis Theroux Weird Weekends Thai Bride fame, that he has reportedly passed away. I hope he calmed right down and is up there now verbally destroying God. I have watched all 3 series of How To with John Wilson in the last couple of days and I wasn't quite prepared for just how fantastic this is. Obviously as a huge Nathan Fielder mark it was always very likely I'd love it, but my God what a show. I wasn't at all prepared for the (series 1 spoiler) Spoiler Bloke trying to regrow his foreskin ffs. and that did surprise me, and How To Cook The Perfect Risotto was a really beautiful episode of television, which made me really emotional. A show that I will revisit a lot. Just wonderful. All on iplayer now. Quote
Paid Members Nexus Posted March 10, 2024 Paid Members Posted March 10, 2024 (edited) Finished the original Justified last night - all six seasons of it. It's brilliant, although I don't think I liked the finale, although I guess it does mean that Spoiler Boyd may return in Primeval. I don't really like Westerns in general, but I enjoyed all of the seasons of this. The turn of Duffy was something I did not expect - it never once crossed my mind. Every season had a decent "big bad" as well, and Dewey Crow was one of my favourite characters throughout. Edited March 10, 2024 by Nexus Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted March 10, 2024 Paid Members Posted March 10, 2024 I saw the comments about The Curse so was prepared for a weird ending, but fuck me. I enjoyed it so Ben if I’m still trying to dissect it. Quote
Dr. Alan Grant Posted March 10, 2024 Posted March 10, 2024 On 3/7/2024 at 6:04 PM, DavidB6937 said: Michael Emerson is fucking amazing in basically everything. I’m rewatching Lost at the moment and he’s just shown up. He’s a fantastic addition. Quote
Merzbow Posted March 16, 2024 Posted March 16, 2024 I just watched both series of Kin after seeing it brought up on here, loved it even if it got a little silly at times. Amanda stole the entire show in the end, she was class but your Daredevil lad just reprising his Matt Murdock during his most depressed era role was pretty poor, can he do another character? Quote
The Gaffer Posted March 16, 2024 Posted March 16, 2024 (edited) 59 minutes ago, Merzbow said: I just watched both series of Kin after seeing it brought up on here, loved it even if it got a little silly at times. Amanda stole the entire show in the end, she was class but your Daredevil lad just reprising his Matt Murdock during his most depressed era role was pretty poor, can he do another character? I always struggle with shows where there's no real babyfaces to go for, but Aidan Gillen's character was good fun as he just came off as someone who got into this whole gangland stuff through pure accident of birth and far preferred sitting around listening to his 70s records smoking hash. Edited March 16, 2024 by The Gaffer Edited out potential spoiler. Quote
Merzbow Posted March 16, 2024 Posted March 16, 2024 No spoilers but I did let out a vocal "Yes Frank!!!" at one point. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.