Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

New season of True Detective getting lots of critics praise, I watched the first episode and found it to be dull, derivative shite. Fingers crossed it picks up quickly.

  • Members
Posted

Been rewatching Friday Night Dinner this week, and whilst it will never be the most original comedy, it still makes me really laugh.

Paul Ritter and Mark Heap steal the show, but Tamsin Greig is superb as well. Such a shame Ritter passed away so young. What a wonderful comedic actor.

I've also started The Inbetweeners, which amazingly I've never seen an episode of.

First scene of the first show had a Tellison song, so I'm sold already.

  • Paid Members
Posted
7 hours ago, Merzbow said:

That last half an hour of Fargo.. beautiful.

Oola is officially the coolest character ever written.

Just finished this and agree totally. What an utterly bonkers, hilarious, touching and uplifting finale. Impossible to predict that that would be how the season ended.

I'm not sure what the Fargo code would be. Very tough. 15324 maybe? 

  • Members
Posted
22 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

I've also started The Inbetweeners,

Had absolutely nothing to do today and felt shit and have been through all of this. 

I'm amazed there were only 18 episodes as people make it sound like there was much more. 

It's incredibly funny, and I can see why it's so popular/revered as it accurately conveys most people's experiences of the latter years of school, and is just, again very funny.

Jokes about shagging people's Mums will always be hilarious, and the Neil's Dad running joke was a highlight.

The only criticisms I have is that Jay's Dad was an absolute twat and I hated every single scene he was in as i felt bad for Jay, and in all honesty, Joe Thomas as Simon was atrocious. Compared to how spot on the other 3 were it really showed up how bad an actor he is.

Anyway, glad I watched it albeit 15 years too late and will watch the films now I suppose.

 

 

Posted
23 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Just finished this and agree totally. What an utterly bonkers, hilarious, touching and uplifting finale. Impossible to predict that that would be how the season ended.

I'm not sure what the Fargo code would be. Very tough. 15324 maybe? 

Little Scotty really made that scene so lovely, low key stole the show at times.

I'd maybe go with 35124, but none were at all remotely bad. I just think I didn't click with the setting of 4 as much as the others, being more of a period piece.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Reacher Season 2 is over, I loved it, seen a couple of book wankers online saying it was too cheesy and OTT but that's what made it for me really, just perfect balls out stupid fun. 

On 1/7/2024 at 9:34 PM, CleetusVanDamme said:

 I'm waiting until it's all out before I start S2

 

e43047e6-883d-497a-bd51-febad1751da7.inline_yes.gif

Edited by Bellenda Carlisle
  • Paid Members
Posted

I binged it all over the last few nights, I'm with you. Not only is he one of the most hilariously OP characters ever, he's also up against some all timer stupid enemies. It delivered the bombastic idiocy I wanted.

I lost it three times just in the finale alone...

Spoiler

When he's whooping everyone while handcuffed, while he was easily holding on to the girl and the stretcher with one hand, and when the guy slid on the knuckle duster only to then start cutting a promo on Reacher.

 

  • Paid Members
Posted
59 minutes ago, CleetusVanDamme said:

 

  Reveal hidden contents

When he's whooping everyone while handcuffed, while he was easily holding on to the girl and the stretcher with one hand, and when the guy slid on the knuckle duster only to then start cutting a promo on Reacher.

 

Spoiler

I rewound and watched that whole helicopter scene 3 times in a row, funnest 5 minutes of TV in ages.

He's so OP it's glorious, his one weakness was that he's so loyal he refused to entertain the idea that his old friend might be working with the bad guys and he turned out to be right anyway!  The perfect stud action hero if you don't insist on taking shit too seriously.

 

Posted

After mentioning the brilliant Betty I decided to look if there was a second season coming, it apparently came out in 2021 in the middle of Covid and fully embraced the period. I didn't see it mentioned anywhere and even the HBO trailer has minimal views, it's as good as the first but with more facemasks.

  • Paid Members
Posted
27 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

After mentioning the brilliant Betty I decided to look if there was a second season coming, it apparently came out in 2021 in the middle of Covid and fully embraced the period. I didn't see it mentioned anywhere and even the HBO trailer has minimal views, it's as good as the first but with more facemasks.

I've never seen Betty but loved Skate Kitchen. Is it essentually more of the same? As I'd be well up for that.

Posted
5 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

I've never seen Betty but loved Skate Kitchen. Is it essentually more of the same? As I'd be well up for that.

Yeah it's the same director and mostly the same cast, pretty much a follow up/retelling.

Posted

Haven't had a chance to watch yet but there's a new series of Johnny Vegas: Carry on Glamping started on Channel 4. Was a really surprising and enjoyable series a few years back.

And we get the final season of Curb Your Enthusiasm at the beginning of February. Wonder if he'll go for a definitive ending or if its only "final" for a few years.

  • Paid Members
Posted

As I'm a big fan of the film, I watched the first episode of the new Sexy Beast series on Paramount plus. I thought it was pretty good. You can see how Don Logan became so unhinged without giving away any spoilers. I recommend people give it a go. Looking forward to seeing how it progresses.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...