• Paid Members

Yeah was coming on to post about Gladiators. We really enjoyed it other than what’s already been said. The Walshes are shite and some of the names are a bit rubbish. Good fun though. Enjoyable classic Saturday night bollocks.

• Paid Members

They're no John Fashanu (AWOOGA!) and Ulrikakakaka Jonsson, that's for sure. I wonder whether they're going to bring back the Atlaspheres, and they seem to have gotten rid of the handbike for just a monkey net in the Eliminator which I discovered today has LYRICS. 

• Paid Members

It wasn't that bad, you know. I mean Bradley Walsh and son were pretty bad, but the rest of the show was fine. 

• Paid Members
On 1/12/2024 at 11:55 AM, Infinity Land said:

Nathan Fielder and Benny Safdie's The Curse has assured cult status with its finale. Pretty much confirms why a show with them and Emma Stone in it was hidden away on Showtime/Paramount+.

Astounding telly that. Can't fault anyone who hated it, but I adored the whole thing. 

4 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Astounding telly that. Can't fault anyone who hated it, but I adored the whole thing. 

I've never seen Nathan For You, but got into The Rehearsal. Which hooked me as you never knew where it was going to go. The Curse has been the same. 

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

Vince watching the moment Giant came out tho.

Richard Osman was grousing at the name, as he's 2 inches taller than Giant. 

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, gmoney said:

I enjoyed the series but that finale hit so well for me - I was watching it at gone midnight, intending to maybe watch half and then go to bed but I couldn't look away. One of the tensest, most arresting things I've seen on telly in ages. Expected it to be marmite, but pleasantly surprised by how many people I've seen praise it.

• Paid Members

Nathan Fielder's stuff is unapproachable to me because I can't do cringe comedy at all. Is Benny Safdie's acting completely shit or only slightly shit in this?

3 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Nathan Fielder's stuff is unapproachable to me because I can't do cringe comedy at all. Is Benny Safdie's acting completely shit or only slightly shit in this?

I'm only 3 episodes in as I wanted the whole lot to be available before I watched it, but I'd say it's far less "cringe" than Fielders previous shows.

Parts of Nathan For You and The Rehearsal are absolutely excruciating to watch, so I understand, but I reckon this is is far less at that level. But again, I'm only 3 in.

I love Nathan Fielder so very much.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I'm only 3 episodes in as I wanted the whole lot to be available before I watched it, but I'd say it's far less "cringe" than Fielders previous shows.

Yeah, I might give it a shot sometime in the future, mainly for Emma Stone.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

You should watch it man, it's remarkable and it's quite tense and awkward but it's really not a cringe comedy, it's way more subtle and cinematic than that.