• Paid Members
8 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Ghosts

A lovely little send off for one of the BBCs best. I adored watching all of them a few months back and glad it all got wrapped up in such a nice way.

A wonderful send off for a wonderful show. The best TV on Christmas day by miles. 

• Paid Members
On 12/26/2023 at 8:17 AM, Gus Mears said:

I am happy to report that my family forgot to put on the Call the Midwife special, thus making it the greatest Christmas ever.

I played Monopoly with my mother so as we did not have to put it on. 

• Paid Members

We've finally got round to watching The Traitors. Overproduced BBC filth... and yet very gripping. I'm ashamed to say we've binged nine episodes in a row and the rest will be gobbled up this evening. 

Memories of Mike Castle's old Mafia threads came flooding back... good or bad depending on your take on it. 

On 12/26/2023 at 8:17 AM, Gus Mears said:

I am happy to report that my family forgot to put on the Call the Midwife special, thus making it the greatest Christmas ever.

Probably a spoiler: A baby probably looked like it was gonna die but instead it survived but the mum probably died instead and the piss head dad had to get his act together and be a proper dad probably but they went to go and live with a neighbour or a family friend in case he didn’t.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Frankie Crisp said:

Caroline Aherne: Queen of Comedy (iPlayer) is absolutely beautiful. Even if you’re dead inside you’ll smile, weep and laugh your head off. 70 minutes well spent.

Frankie that was absolutely superb wasn't it. They say that time heals all wounds, but not enough time has passed for the majority of the people they spoke with. Poor old Craig Cash, there isn't enough time in the world to heal that man. 

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

We've finally got round to watching The Traitors. Overproduced BBC filth... and yet very gripping. I'm ashamed to say we've binged nine episodes in a row and the rest will be gobbled up this evening. 

Memories of Mike Castle's old Mafia threads came flooding back... good or bad depending on your take on it. 

Second series coming on 3rd January!

They’ll probably Big Brother it and fuck it up with dickheads, but we can hope for the best and pray for genuine people to accompany Claudia’s wonderful fringe.

I went back a few pages and didn't see any mention of the show, so I figure it might be worth a mention. Slow Horses just finished its 3rd season. Based on the Slough House series of spy novels by Mick Herron. It stars Gary Oldman as the head of MI5's Slough House, a dumping ground for the agency's rejects that won't take the hint and quit.

Contemporary setting which gives it a bit of a Spooks sheen especially with the younger cast, but has more of Tinker, Tailor...engine underneath.

It's hidden away on AppleTV. Who in fairness have been churning them out. Debuted last April and that was the 3rd six episode season put out. Ending with a trailer for the 4th season coming next year. Each season is also pretty self-contained. No over-arching mystery or conspiracy where you have to worry about the lore of the show. Making them an easy binge once all episodes are out for a season.

The season one trailer:

Spoiler

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, Frankie Crisp said:

Second series coming on 3rd January!

They’ll probably Big Brother it and fuck it up with dickheads, but we can hope for the best and pray for genuine people to accompany Claudia’s wonderful fringe.

No reality bollocks in this thread please, you two! @Fatty Facesitter

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Infinity Land said:

Slow Horses

Was just coming to post about this. Jackson Lamb is one of my favourite characters ever, and I adore the show. I read the first book last week, and S1 is a proper faithful adaptation, so I'm gonna hold off on the others until after the TV show stops. 

• Paid Members
On 12/25/2023 at 11:56 PM, SuperBacon said:

Ghosts

A lovely little send off for one of the BBCs best. I adored watching all of them a few months back and glad it all got wrapped up in such a nice way.

No, you’re crying at the end of the Ghosts Christmas special!

My obviously heartless daughter mocked me with an ask of if I needed a tissue at the end of watching it. I thought it was a really sweet ending to what’s been a great series overall and it even managed to end on a gag meaning I still ended up laughing through tears. Great stuff.