• Paid Members

First episode of the second series of The Tourist was superb. The plot is absolutely ridiculous and impossible to follow but the characters are excellent and it seemed to be leaning more into humour, which I'm fine with. First series was enjoyable so a good resumption.

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Might end up being one for the shit things topic BUT I haven't watched anything Walking Dead related in ages and I think very highly of Andrew Lincoln and Danai Gurira so I'll probably give this a go at least.

More like one for the Jesus fucking Christ thread.. I can't believe they're still making Walking Dead shows.

• Paid Members

Shooting through the (obviously lovely) recent series of Mortimer and Whitehouse and now I know why Lee Mack was trending in October and everyone was angry at him. Just fuck off you dullard.

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Shooting through the (obviously lovely) recent series of Mortimer and Whitehouse and now I know why Lee Mack was trending in October and everyone was angry at him. Just fuck off you dullard.

It was a double whammy thing - he made some joke (I don't even know what) at an awards ceremony, which maybe a handful of people complained about on Twitter, and the usual suspects jumped on that and presented it as a widespread call for him to be "cancelled" by the "woke brigade". So when he showed up on Gone Fishing a week or so later, the people who had just decided that he was a cause celebre of the anti-woke were appalled to discover that he was actually a vegan Buddhist lefty. 

He was bloody rubbish on that episode, though.

• Paid Members

The current series of Fargo is tremendous. John Hamm is brilliant as a nasty bastard & Jennifer Jason Leigh owns every scene she's in. It's 'stand alone' so if you're put off by thinking you've got to watch all the others beforehand don't be. If you have Prime get on it, you won't be disappointed.

16 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

More like one for the Jesus fucking Christ thread.. I can't believe they're still making Walking Dead shows.

I’ll let you know the spoilers now. They’ll meet some groups that seem friendly but ultimately turn out to be corrupted by the power of the apocalypse and they’ll find a way to kill them all which will definitely involve zombies. I’ll give you a more detailed run down once I’ve actually watched it. It’s the wrestling fan in me.

24 minutes ago, Dead Mike said:

The current series of Fargo is tremendous. John Hamm is brilliant as a nasty bastard & Jennifer Jason Leigh owns every scene she's in. It's 'stand alone' so if you're put off by thinking you've got to watch all the others beforehand don't be. If you have Prime get on it, you won't be disappointed.

Agree with this. I watched the first two seasons, but skipped three and four. This one is right up my street and seems pretty comparable to the first two in terms of quality and suspense. 

Hamm and JJL are absolutely fantastic, as is Juno Temple in what feels like a performance that will lead to much more substantial roles in other dramatic stuff in the future. 

9 minutes ago, SaitoRyo said:

Agree with this. I watched the first two seasons, but skipped three and four. This one is right up my street and seems pretty comparable to the first two in terms of quality and suspense. 

Hamm and JJL are absolutely fantastic, as is Juno Temple in what feels like a performance that will lead to much more substantial roles in other dramatic stuff in the future. 

Three is the best! Nikki Swango 😍

Edited by Merzbow

1 minute ago, Merzbow said:

Three is the best!

I think I actually have watched it - or at least some of it - as I remember Ewan McGregor in it. I just can't remember much of the plot and how it ends, which leads me to believe I never got around to finishing the fucker. 

1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I wasn't so much annoyed at what he did as I actually found it fairly interesting, the actual "fishing" that is, but he is such a boring bastard and came across like that.

The Hogmanay episode was beautiful. The best show, I wish it was daily.

• Paid Members

Watched the new Gladiators on the iPlayer. It's got a lot of the feel of the original show. The new gladiators are alright, some are being heels, some are being babyfaces. They've got terrible names, though. Guy Mowbray does commentary, Mark Clattenberg is the referee, and it's presented by Bradley Walsh and his son. The music for the games is different, which did my head in when they did Hang Tough because that theme was a banger.