DavidB6937 Posted January 10, 2024 Posted January 10, 2024 Might end up being one for the shit things topic BUT I haven't watched anything Walking Dead related in ages and I think very highly of Andrew Lincoln and Danai Gurira so I'll probably give this a go at least. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted January 10, 2024 Author Paid Members Posted January 10, 2024 First episode of the second series of The Tourist was superb. The plot is absolutely ridiculous and impossible to follow but the characters are excellent and it seemed to be leaning more into humour, which I'm fine with. First series was enjoyable so a good resumption. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted January 10, 2024 Moderators Posted January 10, 2024 33 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: Might end up being one for the shit things topic BUT I haven't watched anything Walking Dead related in ages and I think very highly of Andrew Lincoln and Danai Gurira so I'll probably give this a go at least. More like one for the Jesus fucking Christ thread.. I can't believe they're still making Walking Dead shows. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted January 11, 2024 Author Paid Members Posted January 11, 2024 Shooting through the (obviously lovely) recent series of Mortimer and Whitehouse and now I know why Lee Mack was trending in October and everyone was angry at him. Just fuck off you dullard. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted January 11, 2024 Paid Members Posted January 11, 2024 36 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said: Shooting through the (obviously lovely) recent series of Mortimer and Whitehouse and now I know why Lee Mack was trending in October and everyone was angry at him. Just fuck off you dullard. It was a double whammy thing - he made some joke (I don't even know what) at an awards ceremony, which maybe a handful of people complained about on Twitter, and the usual suspects jumped on that and presented it as a widespread call for him to be "cancelled" by the "woke brigade". So when he showed up on Gone Fishing a week or so later, the people who had just decided that he was a cause celebre of the anti-woke were appalled to discover that he was actually a vegan Buddhist lefty. He was bloody rubbish on that episode, though. Quote
Dr. Alan Grant Posted January 11, 2024 Posted January 11, 2024 (edited) Wrong thread, doofus. Edited January 11, 2024 by Dr. Alan Grant I’m an idiot. Quote
Paid Members Dead Mike Posted January 11, 2024 Paid Members Posted January 11, 2024 The current series of Fargo is tremendous. John Hamm is brilliant as a nasty bastard & Jennifer Jason Leigh owns every scene she's in. It's 'stand alone' so if you're put off by thinking you've got to watch all the others beforehand don't be. If you have Prime get on it, you won't be disappointed. Quote
Mr_Danger Posted January 11, 2024 Posted January 11, 2024 16 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said: More like one for the Jesus fucking Christ thread.. I can't believe they're still making Walking Dead shows. I’ll let you know the spoilers now. They’ll meet some groups that seem friendly but ultimately turn out to be corrupted by the power of the apocalypse and they’ll find a way to kill them all which will definitely involve zombies. I’ll give you a more detailed run down once I’ve actually watched it. It’s the wrestling fan in me. Quote
SaitoRyo Posted January 11, 2024 Posted January 11, 2024 24 minutes ago, Dead Mike said: The current series of Fargo is tremendous. John Hamm is brilliant as a nasty bastard & Jennifer Jason Leigh owns every scene she's in. It's 'stand alone' so if you're put off by thinking you've got to watch all the others beforehand don't be. If you have Prime get on it, you won't be disappointed. Agree with this. I watched the first two seasons, but skipped three and four. This one is right up my street and seems pretty comparable to the first two in terms of quality and suspense. Hamm and JJL are absolutely fantastic, as is Juno Temple in what feels like a performance that will lead to much more substantial roles in other dramatic stuff in the future. Quote
Merzbow Posted January 11, 2024 Posted January 11, 2024 (edited) 9 minutes ago, SaitoRyo said: Agree with this. I watched the first two seasons, but skipped three and four. This one is right up my street and seems pretty comparable to the first two in terms of quality and suspense. Hamm and JJL are absolutely fantastic, as is Juno Temple in what feels like a performance that will lead to much more substantial roles in other dramatic stuff in the future. Three is the best! Nikki Swango ? Edited January 11, 2024 by Merzbow Quote
SaitoRyo Posted January 11, 2024 Posted January 11, 2024 1 minute ago, Merzbow said: Three is the best! I think I actually have watched it - or at least some of it - as I remember Ewan McGregor in it. I just can't remember much of the plot and how it ends, which leads me to believe I never got around to finishing the fucker. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted January 11, 2024 Members Posted January 11, 2024 1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said: Shooting through the (obviously lovely) recent series of Mortimer and Whitehouse and now I know why Lee Mack was trending in October and everyone was angry at him. Just fuck off you dullard. I wasn't so much annoyed at what he did as I actually found it fairly interesting, the actual "fishing" that is, but he is such a boring bastard and came across like that. The Hogmanay episode was beautiful. The best show, I wish it was daily. Quote
Infinity Land Posted January 12, 2024 Posted January 12, 2024 Nathan Fielder and Benny Safdie's The Curse has assured cult status with its finale. Pretty much confirms why a show with them and Emma Stone in it was hidden away on Showtime/Paramount+. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted January 13, 2024 Paid Members Posted January 13, 2024 Watched the new Gladiators on the iPlayer. It's got a lot of the feel of the original show. The new gladiators are alright, some are being heels, some are being babyfaces. They've got terrible names, though. Guy Mowbray does commentary, Mark Clattenberg is the referee, and it's presented by Bradley Walsh and his son. The music for the games is different, which did my head in when they did Hang Tough because that theme was a banger. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted January 13, 2024 Paid Members Posted January 13, 2024 The names are awful. As are Bradley Walsh and his divvy son hosting it. But the rest of it was perfectly fine. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.