11 minutes ago, deathrey said:

It is very irritating when you invest your time in to something and then they don't give you a resolution. I want stories tied up. I hope open ended endings. I don't want to use my brain to interpret an ending, I want you to tell me, it's your story, not mine.

I don’t mind that as much as something just getting cancelled without any resolution whatsoever. Some shows do a sort of half and half season ending so if it does get canned, there is at least some resolution albeit a rather milquetoast one. But I’m sure that, much like Chest, I’ve spent too many hours wondering how 2 Broke Girls would’ve and/or should’ve ended. 

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

But I’m sure that, much like Chest, I’ve spent too many hours wondering how 2 Broke Girls would’ve and/or should’ve ended. 

I think you know very well that any amount of time spent thinking about how it could've ended is too much.. i can tell you how it should've ended though; canned after the pilot.

27 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I don’t mind that as much as something just getting cancelled without any resolution whatsoever. Some shows do a sort of half and half season ending so if it does get canned, there is at least some resolution albeit a rather milquetoast one. But I’m sure that, much like Chest, I’ve spent too many hours wondering how 2 Broke Girls would’ve and/or should’ve ended. 

I don't like either but 100% agree that are series getting cancelled without an ending is very annoying. I watched a crappy sitcom on Disney Plus called Single Parents recently which I quite enjoyed and it ended on a bloody cliffhanger (as much as it can be with a sitcom) and then got cancelled.

1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

I don't find it quite so bad now, but back when I was having to torrent a ton of US dramas that never seemed to make it over here - probably 2004 onwards - you often ended up with stuff that was cancelled after like 6 episodes with no resolution whatsoever. For a few years there it was really frustrating because you didn't know if you'd even get a whole season, let alone a whole story. Some of them made full seasons but got pulled off the air. Not to say that networks/streamers aren't bad now but they were pretty damn ruthless back then. I guess at least it's one benefit of streamers dumping full seasons onto their platforms at one time. At least you get to see what they've made.

13 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

I don't find it quite so bad now, but back when I was having to torrent a ton of US dramas that never seemed to make it over here - probably 2004 onwards - you often ended up with stuff that was cancelled after like 6 episodes with no resolution whatsoever. For a few years there it was really frustrating because you didn't know if you'd even get a whole season, let alone a whole story. Some of them made full seasons but got pulled off the air. Not to say that networks/streamers aren't bad now but they were pretty damn ruthless back then. I guess at least it's one benefit of streamers dumping full seasons onto their platforms at one time. At least you get to see what they've made.

To show how times have changed, I remember there was an uproar when Jericho was removed from TV and fans clamouring to have Jericho back on their screens. From what I gather it’s more the opposite these days. 

4 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

To show how times have changed, I remember there was an uproar when Jericho was removed from TV and fans clamouring to have Jericho back on their screens. From what I gather it’s more the opposite these days. 

I remember it well. It got cancelled, came back and then got cancelled again. I did see some talk now and again of a potential continuation on Netflix or something - and we've seen with shows like Manifest and Lucifer that it can happen - but I guess the further you get away from it time wise the less likely it'll happen, same with stuff like Hannibal. Definitely pros and cons to all sides really.

I'll stick to watching Bargain Hunt.

5 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Ha. Nah, I never gave that one a go. This one is the Rick/Michonne one - The Ones Who Live. I think it was originally going to be movies but they made a show instead.

It's them running around killing zombies and then being all over each other in between. It's like death is their aphrodisiac. So odd.

Loved the show. Asides from FTWD, it’s the only spin off I’ve watched, and enjoyed. I’ve not seen Negan/Maggie, nor Daryl’s yet.

But really enjoyed Rick/Micchone’s, and it was a great ending, that leaves room should they choose, to do a second season, but also ties their character’s arcs in a neat knot. 

Disappointed at the lack of screen time for John Locke however. The scene in the last episode with him and Rick verbally sparring was a Lost and TWD’s dream.

Count me down for someone who was kinda disappointed in The Ones who live, I’m a walking dead super fan so just having Rick and Michonne back on our screens was amazing enough but it felt rushed and the build of the CRM for God knows how many years just to be taken down like jobbers by 2 people in 6 episodes was a bit of a fuck up.

The Daryl/Carol show is amazing and rumours of Season 3 being shot in Spain whilst season 4 being Shot in England will be interesting. 

The Maggie/Negan show wasn’t very good at all though so hopefully it gets improved on in Season 2.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

Mammoth

I like Mike Bubbins. He's very funny on The Socially Distant Sports pod (even if he's often quite arrogant in how he comes across) and the concept for this show is silly and fun. PE teacher in the 70s gets caught in an avalanche, frozen and thawed out in 2024. There's mileage in that, fish out of water type stuff, and I usually enjoy that.

Unfortunately Bubbins is a dreadful actor which massively hampers this, and he'd have been better off allowing someone else to play the title character, but it's obviously just an excuse for him to live out his 70s costume fantasies.

I did dread that this would just be an excuse for lots of thinly veiled "can't say that these days" type stuff, but there wasn't as much of that as I thought there would be (he does meet a vegan hippy type woman and they go on a "retreat" which was really shit) but the issue is his bloody acting. He's played it like David Brent, but we've already seen the best version of that character 20 years ago.

Geoffrey from Fresh Prince turns up, that's the highlight to be honest.

Hugely disappointing. Only 3 episodes as well which is quite weird.

10 hours ago, Nexus said:

Baby Reindeer is really tough to watch but it's incredibly well written and harrowing. 

Apparently based on the male lead - Richard Gadd's experience of being stalked in real life.

5 minutes ago, deathrey said:

Apparently based on the male lead - Richard Gadd's experience of being stalked in real life.

On a more positive note - he’s now going out with Bridget Christie. So there’s always light at the end of the tunnel. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, deathrey said:

Yeah, and I think that made it even more harrowing, knowing that the guy had gone through everything (or at least most) of what was happening. 

Yeah just finished Baby Reindeer. Hadn't read anything before so didn't really know what I was getting myself into. But damn. Absolutely one of the most intense and harrowing things I've sat through. The performances are layered and there's so much confusion and emotion and definitely worth watching.

• Paid Members

Episode 4 was very harrowing. My girlfriend sobbed during his comedy show breakdown. Absolutely brilliant and heartbreaking show that struck a few nerves. Great performances too. Think it’s a show I couldn’t watch again though.