Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

Did you have the DVDs of Phoenix Nights or have you found a copy online somewhere? It's like hen's teeth.

  • Members
Posted

The Office (again)

It's the best sitcom of all time, and is 14 episodes of pure perfection with one of the greatest romantic pay offs (that we all wanted) Such a beautiful moment. 

Yes Gervais is an absolute twat who mostly cannot act at all, except he turns in one of the greatest acting performances of all time here, so that's confusing mostly. 

One new thing I noticed this time. When they're discussing the Christmas party ideas, Tim taking the piss out of Gareth says "lets fly it up the flagpole and see if the cat sucks you off" What!? ?

Neil was a twat as well. 

?The love is free and the freeways long?

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

The Office (again)

It's the best sitcom of all time, and is 14 episodes of pure perfection with one of the greatest romantic pay offs (that we all wanted) Such a beautiful moment. 

Yes Gervais is an absolute twat who mostly cannot act at all, except he turns in one of the greatest acting performances of all time here, so that's confusing mostly. 

One new thing I noticed this time. When they're discussing the Christmas party ideas, Tim taking the piss out of Gareth says "lets fly it up the flagpole and see if the cat sucks you off" What!? ?

Neil was a twat as well. 

?The love is free and the freeways long?

I rewatched it after seeing it when it first aired realised I thought Tim was actually quite a shit.

The late Ewen McIntosh and his delivery of the word 'minge' is wonderful.

Edited by Chili
Mungo Jerry
Posted

Tim was insecure as fuck and tried so hard to be the "cool guy", Gareth might be a shit but Tim saw him as someone weaker he could bully to boost his own standing. But then the UK show is far more about shades of grey (bro..).

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Tim was insecure as fuck and tried so hard to be the "cool guy", Gareth might be a shit but Tim saw him as someone weaker he could bully to boost his own standing. But then the UK show is far more about shades of grey (bro..).

@SuperBaconwas asleep sorry. Pretty much this. Gareth is comedy relief and obviously a bit insufferable, but Tim is such a shit to him purely on the knowing he can because thinks he's something. I find him deceptive but not like he's some horrid prick. He's just an arsehole a lot.

Edited by Chili
Carrots lib. Carrots kid.
  • Members
Posted

Interesting. Not what I take from him at all, but each to their own opinion innit? He can be a bit annoying himself sure, but I think overall he's a good person, same with Brent.

You're right Merz, shades of grey.

I'll be honest I'd have acted the same, and absolutely have in the past, when working with someone as annoying as Gareth. 

Posted

Tim is all of the above but did anyone see him as such at the time or has that become a bit of a revisionist stance now that we’re all a bit kinder and less cunty?

  • Moderators
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Tim is all of the above but did anyone see him as such at the time or has that become a bit of a revisionist stance now that we’re all a bit kinder and less cunty?

And regardless of whether we've changed or not I certainly can't see those 'shades of grey' having been the intention with which he was written. Because Gervais is still that cunty now.

Not that it matters for the purpose of the discussion, death of the author and all that.

Edited by Chest Rockwell
Posted
3 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

And regardless of whether we've changed or not I certainly can't see those 'shades of grey' having been the intention with which he was written. Because Gervais is still that cunty now.

Not that it matters for the purpose of the discussion, death of the author and all that.

Definitely not. It’s him and Karl Pilkington isn’t it? Gervais probably wrote him as the cool funny guy he see’s himself as.

Posted
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

I think overall he's a good person, same with Brent.

Oh fuck no. Brent is a wanker and is in no way a good guy. 

  • Members
Posted
29 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Oh fuck no. Brent is a wanker and is in no way a good guy. 

We're getting into semantics here, but while I'm not saying he's a good guy as per the usual rules, he's definitely more good than bad. 

I don't think he's a bad person really, I think he's just desperate and that makes him make bad decisions, and he clearly always wants himself out to come out on top to the detriment of others.

Every time I watch it, I always really hope that they don't make him redundant and he ultimately ended up with Carole, his date at the Xmas party.

Perhaps this is down to my love of the show and the hundreds of times I've watched it, who knows.

But ultimately I want to see Brent fail and succeed at the same time.

Posted

He is an insecure man child who uses shit humour, hackneyed catchphrases and being downright offensive to try and win the affection of a bunch of people smarter, kinder, and better than him. 
 

What’s to like about that?

  • Members
Posted
1 minute ago, Keith Houchen said:

He is an insecure man child who uses shit humour, hackneyed catchphrases and being downright offensive to try and win the affection of a bunch of people smarter, kinder, and better than him. 
 

What’s to like about that?

bbc GIF

Posted
25 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

He is an insecure man child who uses shit humour, hackneyed catchphrases and being downright offensive to try and win the affection of a bunch of people smarter, kinder, and better than him. 
 

What’s to like about that?

Shit humour and hackneyed catchphrases, it’ll never catch on!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...