Members SuperBacon Posted May 26, 2024 Members Posted May 26, 2024 5 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said: Rage inducing. Exactly what it aims to achieve. Netflix know exactly what they're doing. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted May 26, 2024 Posted May 26, 2024 1 minute ago, SuperBacon said: Exactly what it aims to achieve. Netflix know exactly what they're doing. Which I sort of get, but I don't know to what end. I'll never watch again. Unless they've also got shares in the Morning Star, I don't really see the point. Quote
Mr_Danger Posted May 26, 2024 Posted May 26, 2024 On 5/24/2024 at 12:25 PM, Merzbow said: More Copaganda (although far more damning of the police) the second season of The Responder is excellent, Martin Freeman has never been better. Seems to have split the fan base by being far darker than the first but it's part of why I love it. Starting Tokyo Vice and it's solid so far, yetit does fall into the cliches you'd expect from a Western TV show about Japan. Every time I see a clip or advert for The Responder I just wonder what Stephen Graham was busy doing. I can buy Martin Freeman as a weasley Minnesotan fraudster in Fargo but I’m not sure I can buy him as a scouse everyman. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted May 26, 2024 Author Paid Members Posted May 26, 2024 (edited) 1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said: Every time I see a clip or advert for The Responder I just wonder what Stephen Graham was busy doing. I can buy Martin Freeman as a weasley Minnesotan fraudster in Fargo but I’m not sure I can buy him as a scouse everyman. Understandable but he was genuinely superb in the first series of that. Can't wait to start the second one. Edited May 26, 2024 by Devon Malcolm Quote
Paid Members DCW Posted May 26, 2024 Paid Members Posted May 26, 2024 Yeah, I was a bit hesitant going into the first series of The Responder, but Freeman really was excellent. Going to start new series this evening. I binged the two series of Blue Lights, the NI cop show, over the last week and really enjoyed it too. BBC have been knocking these sorta shows out routinely over the last few years and doing a damn fine job of it. Quote
Keith Houchen Posted May 30, 2024 Posted May 30, 2024 Watched the first two seasons of 8 Simple Rules. Perfectly fine throwaway viewing and the way John Ritters death is handled was very poignant and genuinely moving. James Garner as the grumpy grandad is great casting and David Spade plays a weasely little shit like nobody else! Four seasons of Monk and I absolutely love it. Tony Shalhoub is brilliant and really sympathetic, Ted Levine is his usual aceness and having John Turturro guest starring as Monks brother in a couple of episodes made for some brilliant viewing. Girlfriend suggested Bodies on Netflix. Thought the premise sounded interesting enough, plus Stephen Graham is in it. However, in the opening credits it stated “Based on the Graphic Novel…” (which my girlfriend deliberately kept from me) but don’t let that put you off, really intriguing three episodes in. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted May 30, 2024 Moderators Posted May 30, 2024 I've been watching Psych through since it got added to Netflix. Something i used to watch on TV but have never watched through properly sequentially. Not sure if anyone on here was ever a fan (apart from @Scott Malbranque), but if you're enjoying binging TV detective episodicals Keith, I can recommend it. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted June 1, 2024 Moderators Posted June 1, 2024 On 5/30/2024 at 2:00 PM, Keith Houchen said: Nice one, will add to the list! Tim Curry has just turned up in an episode! Quote
Paid Members ReturnOfTheMack Posted June 1, 2024 Paid Members Posted June 1, 2024 Binged Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes. The last episode was written on a hell of a lot of cocaine. Moved on to Psych. Fun, but I prefer The Mentalist. Quote
Keith Houchen Posted June 2, 2024 Posted June 2, 2024 5 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said: Tim Curry has just turned up in an episode! Ha, he’s in an episode of Monk, too! Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted June 2, 2024 Paid Members Posted June 2, 2024 Scavengers Reign is on Netflix now. Please all watch it because a) it's amazing and b) I need a season 2. Quote
Merzbow Posted June 2, 2024 Posted June 2, 2024 5 minutes ago, LaGoosh said: Scavengers Reign is on Netflix now. Please all watch it because a) it's amazing and b) I need a season 2. Wow, it's definitely inspired by Moebius isn't it? Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted June 4, 2024 Posted June 4, 2024 Over the past few years I've sort of exhausted the books worth reading on the American Revolution, the Founding Father's and the early US Presidents, so have turned to TV to try and quench my Dull Man's Club-esque thirst for that era of human history. I've been watching John Adams, the HBO drama, and this probably goes without saying but... Paul Giamatti and, particularly, Laura Linney are exceptional actors. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted June 4, 2024 Members Posted June 4, 2024 Lost Boys and Fairies (iplayer) Right let's get this out the way: if I was to list every subject this needs a trigger warning for, we'd be here all night. This is a LOT. At the heart of it, is the story of Andy and Gabe, two gay men who want to adopt a child, and the process that takes, and the unravelling of what they went through in their earlier years. This is a stunning piece of television, and I didn't go 5 minutes without crying. It's often traumatising, but always interesting, and doesn't shy away from some of the uncomfortable truths regarding adoption. Sion Young and Fra Fee (outstanding names thread!) are incredible in the two lead roles, and deserve all the plaudits, as does the writing and the genuinely brave choices the show makes. But I cannot stress that warning bit enough, there's some heavy shit, but it's also really funny in parts. Shouldn't have watched it all in one go as I'm now exhausted. Please watch it. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.