Wrestling #MeToo #SpeakingOut

Keith Houchen

4 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

16 is still a child in the UK but also the age of consent unlike a lot of places in Europe where it’s 14. 

So he basically admitted to having sex with a child, but it’s not illegal because 16 is the age of consent?

Yet she says she was drunk af.

Wow. Wonder how long he still lasts in ROH.

Guess we’ll never, ever see him in AEW/WWE/NXT now.

• Paid Members

As a previously convicted criminal, reporting him to the police will likely be taken VERY seriously.

As to the WWE/WWE:UK situation, I believe Jack Gallagher was fired because he told them the accusations were true. If the others have denied it, they won't take action unless it is taken further. 

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

57 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

am i the only one genuinely shocked wwe hasn't fired or made any statements about alot of the guys signed to nxt-uk that have had multiple stories outed about them.

They covered up one of their own employees getting raped by soldiers, so no, I’m not shocked. 

• Paid Members

Probably not articulating this fully in the way that I'd like, so apologies for that.

But I've always found, and honestly its always bothered me since I first had access to the Internet as a late teen, that internet wrestling fans have been over represented by weirdos and socially backward/awkward types who often have very weird and/or juvenile attitudes towards sex or women in general for that matter.

In a way it shouldn't be a surprise that a proportion of these weirdos find their way into the industry at some point and end up acting out on their unsettling wants and needs. 

But surely this "paying your dues" bullshit has to end for good? What is it but an excuse for vets to pick on and take advantage of the eager, and often over eager types, who are desperate to gain a foothold in the carniest of carny industries that's totally unregulated to all intents and purposes?

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

Just a note to remind everyone that what AVM does is his decision. You can suggest what he can do, and you can even say what you'd do in his position. But I'd very strongly suggest backing off on telling him what he "needs" to do. That's his call.

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

Roy Knight is just thick, isn’t he?

He's an awful human being it seems. He seems quite proud of a reputation of being a violent bullying thug and a complete and utter cunt too. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

As a previously convicted criminal, reporting him to the police will likely be taken VERY seriously, and I echo everyone else, you need to report it.

As to the WWE/WWE:UK situation, I believe Jack Gallagher was fired because he told them the accusations were true. If the others have denied it, they won't take action unless it is taken further. 

Point 1. Very well made. 

Point 2. What you believe isn't important. You don't know why he was released, speculation isn't welcome in this thread. 

12 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Point 1. Very well made. 

Point 2. What you believe isn't important. You don't know why he was released, speculation isn't welcome in this thread. 

yeah i was going to say speculating he said it was true hence he was canned is abit of a jump to make 

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Just a note to remind everyone that what AVM does is his decision. You can suggest what he can do, and you can even say what you'd do in his position. But I'd very strongly suggest backing off on telling him what he "needs" to do. That's his call.

Further to this, if he has reported it, there's a decent chance he's not going to broadcast it here, considering the trouble that's already caused. If he wants to post further about it, that's down to him, but if he doesn't silence doesn't equal inaction. (it doesn't equal action either, but you know what I mean)

Does anyone know if there is a criminal case to be had against other people complicit in abuse? If someone knew a colleague was abusing someone a ddid nothing could they also be held accountable? In health that would be the case but that's because there's a duty to protect. Surely there needs to be legislation more widely. 

15 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said:

Does anyone know if there is a criminal case to be had against other people complicit in abuse? If someone knew a colleague was abusing someone a ddid nothing could they also be held accountable? In health that would be the case but that's because there's a duty to protect. Surely there needs to be legislation more widely. 

This I'd like to know as well. After some things I've heard (and has been posted about) regarding the school I worked with - I would like to know if I could hold the person supervising them to be held accountable. Some statements given to me have made me severely question this person.