Wrestling #MeToo #SpeakingOut

Keith Houchen

• Paid Members
20 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Cool, wasn't trying to be a smart arse just didn't know if you meant disposable like 'Get rid of this person from everything' or if you actually meant despicable.

I recognise the other guys in the vid too - one was Big Grizzly if I'm correct but the other guy I can't place. Is he a referee?

Griz was/is very prominent in Pro Wrestling Chaos which has helped me get back into wrestling. I DMed PWC for comment, and *then* saw the Dunne accusation. This sucks bad.

8 minutes ago, Ironic Indie Lad said:

There seems to be a growing number of people on twitter pointing out that Zack Sabre has been totally radio silent since all this kicked off.

He obviously has a long history with Marty Scurll, is a major part of the SPLX 'brand', was a big part of PROGRESS at times etc. He's also been very outspoken about his politics so I think thats also a driving factor in people saying he should speak up.

I dont really know what ZSJ could possibly come out and say at the minute thats not going to be fuel to the fire. The more and more stuff that comes out, the harder its becoming to believe these guys saying "I had no idea!".

Yeah, I just really can't imagine someone that close could have never been in the same room as them talking like that before. I've loved Zach because of his politics but it's sadly not uncommon at all for men on the left to be just as scummy. (no implication there, just the left has serious issues)

I'm not going to hound him for a statement but if nothing is said at all I'll be disappointed.

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

ZSJ has been wrestling in New Japan for the last 2 weeks so I could understand a bit more why he hasn’t tweeted compared to others like Tyler Bate.

Must be a long match then.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I know he’s well loved here so thought I’d share this

02F1BA3F-7E76-40B6-AF6C-F720FBF0FC28.jpeg

I like how he's used social media to put out a message and make a statement about not using social media to put out a message or make a statement.

Out of interest if it can be disproven do easily I'd be keen to see the information that can.

As a related aside the more I hear and read of some people's response to this the more I don't want to see them featured in anything going forward. I'm genuinely disgusted by thier response.

It's hard to find the right words, As you have seen in this thread, things that may be intended well can be taken out of context so I understand ZSJ not tweeting. Plus you can't know possibly know where he sits in all of this. 

On Sammy Guevera, my other half saw it on twitter the other night as me liking a tweet had cropped up on her timeline so she went through the whole story. 

She was quite fond of the Womens revolution and always though Sasha was the bees knees - she's now come a bit detached from it as she has found it boring since mid last year. She said what he said was disgusting, horrible and should never leave anyones lips. Knew that he didn't intend it yet thought it was completely insensitive to everyone who had been through it and could strike fear into some.

Then she went on to say that it was handled superbly. Saying that everything from speaking to Sasha, the Sasha tweet, the apology and how AEW handled it couldn't be faulted. 

Here's my take on the whole legal action thing.

I'm currently engaged in a legal dispute with my ex-boss over unpaid wages and other monies owed to me. I won the case last year, but the case is still ongoing, proceedings having been delayed by the current coronavirus situation.

That's all I can say on this matter. I've been advised not to say anything until the matter is finally resolved.

If legal advice had been sought they would probably been advised to remain silent as well, especially on social media.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Julian Radbourne said:

Thanks for clarifying. Now please read the room and let others speak on more urgent matters.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Julian Radbourne said:

I'm currently engaged in a legal dispute with my ex-boss over unpaid wages and other monies owed to me. I won the case last year, but the case is still ongoing, proceedings having been delayed by the current coronavirus situation.

That's all I can say on this matter. I've been advised not to say anything until the matter is finally resolved.

If legal advice had been sought they would probably been advised to remain silent as well, especially on social media.

If it’s trying to recoup a fair days pay from McColl’s, just nod.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Julian Radbourne said:

So you've come on here to say that you've been advised not to say anything yet gone ahead and said something. And once again tried to make everything about Julian Radbourne. The space between your ears must be like an Asda carpark on Christmas Day.

8 minutes ago, Julian Radbourne said:

Thats a shame because it sounds like a fucking fascinating story pal