Wrestling #MeToo #SpeakingOut

Keith Houchen

10 minutes ago, John Matrix said:

Been corrected since.

Cool, wasn't trying to be a smart arse just didn't know if you meant disposable like 'Get rid of this person from everything' or if you actually meant despicable.

I recognise the other guys in the vid too - one was Big Grizzly if I'm correct but the other guy I can't place. Is he a referee?

11 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Cool, wasn't trying to be a smart arse just didn't know if you meant disposable like 'Get rid of this person from everything' or if you actually meant despicable.

I recognise the other guys in the vid too - one was Big Grizzly if I'm correct but the other guy I can't place. Is he a referee?

Shirtless prick, works as a ref for Progress and NXT:UK

Edited by pol_pot_rick

• Paid Members

Riptide have announced that they are going on indefinite hiatus to focus on working to create a better environment, and to not run shows until they're confident that's been done. They're also editing matches featuring abusers out of their existing video library.

15 minutes ago, Ironic Indie Lad said:

I think his name is Joel? I could be wrong but I believe he is either the owner or otherwise involved with SPLX in some way.

Not seen the vid, but Joel is co creator of the SPLX brand afaik. 

1 hour ago, Tommy! said:

He has a well publicised history of violence and violent crime doesn't he? 

I'm sure I remember someone once saying something like "he's not a wrestler, he's a thug who gets booked on wresting shows" and it's a perspective I've never seen reason to disagree with.

To be fair - he's never disputed this. He's been very open, and remorseful, about his past history. I'm not excusing it and his past actions, but from what I know in the last 8 years or so he's tried to turn his life around. 

Edited by The Reverend

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, The Reverend said:

To be fair - he's never disputed this

To be fair someone seemed surprised he was so aggressive in a video, I'm saying that shouldn't be a shock for anyone as he has a reputation of being aggressive and violent to others, as do others in that family.

In any other business would that be tolerated let alone praised as some do or did for him and others in that family? I wouldn't want anyone I care about to be put in a position where he's the moral compass or guardian, especially if they are in a vulnerable category.

Him accepting it doesn't excuse anything, and if he is trying bravo to him but based in what people have said about that video I'd wager he really needs to try harder.

I got 2 minutes into Roy's video and switched it off. If it all turned out to be a huge swerve and the sexual allegations were his way of illustrating how it feels for those falsely accused, then (a) it's uncalled for to use the identity of an accuser, (b) it utterly undermines any legal proceedings his family threatened to incur, and (c) why on earth would you take the tack of a wrestling promo instead of a straight apology or statement? Sadly, the Knights appear to have lived up to their rumours in their responses. To have had a weekend to put together a response, and to still come out with expletive-laden messages and aggressive videos taken in a van isn't good enough from a supposedly professional promotion.

All I could think when watching that video of Starr et al was, thank God we didn't have social media in the 80s. Can you imagine the aura-destroying filth that would be turning up on Hogan, Warrior, Savage, the Horsemen, etc.? Starr and his goons don't even have the 'out' (not the right word, obviously, sorry) of brains addled on cocaine and steroids. Just three idiots (or rather, two idiots and their niche-famous mate), huddled together in a Holiday Inn. Real rock n' wrestling, lads.

• Paid Members
39 minutes ago, The Reverend said:

To be fair - he's never disputed this. He's been very open, and remorseful, about his past history. I'm not excusing it and his past actions, but from what I know in the last 8 years or so he's tried to turn his life around. 

I mean, he doesn't seem terribly remorseful in that video taken in a Transit van to me.

6 minutes ago, CavemanLynn said:

All I could think when watching that video of Starr et al was, thank God we didn't have social media in the 80s. Can you imagine the aura-destroying filth that would be turning up on Hogan, Warrior, Savage, the Horsemen, etc.? Starr and his goons don't even have the 'out' (not the right word, obviously, sorry) of brains addled on cocaine and steroids. Just three idiots (or rather, two idiots and their niche-famous mate), huddled together in a Holiday Inn. Real rock n' wrestling, lads.

There would be no industry. A video popping up on Twitter of Hogan throwing racial epithets left and right, watching Dynamite supergluing Outback Jack's hands to his own face, while Jim Duggan works on his dildo blender and Warrior sits in the background snorting cocaine off his own massive cock.

Edited by Liam O'Rourke