Wrestling #MeToo #SpeakingOut

Keith Houchen

1 hour ago, Astro Hollywood said:

Roy's posted a video statement this morning.

Who told him the best way to approach the matter of abuse was to call those who made accusations slags, which he essentially does. Also the amount of aggression, considering some accusations were of general physical and mental bullying really just gives the impression to believe the people making the accusations. 

Makes Kid Fite's statement look professional. 

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

Who told him the best way to approach the matter of abuse was to call those who made accusations slags, which he essentially does. Also the amount of aggression, considering some accusations were of general physical and mental bullying really just gives the impression to believe the people making the accusations. 

Makes Kid Fite's statement look professional. 

Attack. Discredit. Release secrets. Did he get his media training from Scientology? 

And now I have that awkward moment at work being the known token wrestling fan and a colleague asks what is the wrestling all about that you are into? They only know of it through one of the victims being a mutual friend then got curious and read all the shit going down on Twitter about other stories. Never have I cringed about being a wrestling fan so much right now. 

Plus that apology from Kid Fite. What planet is he on? Is he posting expecting to get likes and we forget it all happened?

34 minutes ago, Hoptimus said:

And now I have that awkward moment at work being the known token wrestling fan and a colleague asks what is the wrestling all about that you are into? They only know of it through one of the victims being a mutual friend then got curious and read all the shit going down on Twitter about other stories. Never have I cringed about being a wrestling fan so much right now. 

There's nothing to cringe about here. As far as I know, nobody started hating all films because of Weinstein and Spacey. It's a discussion. Like has been said before, wrestling has operated away from prying eyes for too long. It's good that it's now in the spotlight of people who wouldn't previously have given it a second thought. I've had the same at work, and as well as discussing the allegations themselves, it's really important to emphasise the heroism of those coming forward and the great work they will hopefully be able to instigate, for the better of the industry.

Edited by CavemanLynn

• Paid Members
49 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

Also the amount of aggression, considering some accusations were of general physical and mental bullying really just gives the impression to believe the people making the accusations. 

He has a well publicised history of violence and violent crime doesn't he? 

I'm sure I remember someone once saying something like "he's not a wrestler, he's a thug who gets booked on wresting shows" and it's a perspective I've never seen reason to disagree with.

Edited by Tommy!

13 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

He has a well publicised history of violence and violent crime doesn't he? 

I'm sure I remember someone once saying something like "he's not a wrestler, he's a thug who gets booked on wresting shows" and it's a perspective I've never seen reason to disagree with.

I used to work with a family friend of theirs. He told me he almost went down for murder (maybe that was Zak) and Roy apparently knocked out a referee after he received a red card but the guy said he was trying to get help for his aggression. So yeah aggressive guy. 

1 hour ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

At least you didnt get your drinks thrown on you I suppose.

https://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/saraya-knight-paige-mom-beer-bath-video/#.XvHh1mhKhPY

i got to admit that was hilarious.

i see the abusers are now using the "seeking therapy" line, must have saw the jimmy havoc aew Adam Blampied statement and thought i know maybe we can use this.

Edited by buba3d

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, buba3d said:

i see the abusers are now using the "seeking therapy" line, must have saw the jimmy havoc aew statement and thought i know maybe we can use this.

The Adam Blampied Defence.