Wrestling #MeToo #SpeakingOut

Keith Houchen

4 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I mean, he doesn't seem terribly remorseful in that video taken in a Transit van to me.

Was he saying how his family took in the accuser and gave her a home when she was young and vulnerable?  Normally I'd say that's grooming / predatory behaviour but I remember when Roy looked a cert to be sent down, but the judge decided that a loving family home would be a better place for him than prison and he hasn't reoffended since.  So I can see the family having a guiding and positive influence on a youngster who needed it at that time.  It doesn't mean they didn't do what is alleged though.

8 minutes ago, AVM said:

1. I'm looking for my 'five minutes of fame'

If anything right now, though, I'm not liking the attention. Once this has all died down, I'm considering shutting down all my socials. I won't do it now, though, because it will be misconstrued as meaning something else. 

And this is one of the main reasons I always tend to believe people. You'd have to be pretty messed up to enjoy the kind of attention etc that comes from this. It's not easy at all for anyone to come forward and have the sorts of comments thrown at them that they end up with. Most people wouldn't put themselves through this for a laugh.

6 hours ago, Astro Hollywood said:

Roy's posted a video statement this morning.

Well that is a masterclass in toxic masculinity. Whatever then context this is a man threatening women, attempting to shout louder than them  attempting to belittle them. All classic abuser behaviour. Talk about doing more harm than good. 

• Paid Members

I'm not sure if this has been brought up last week wXw had an impending announcement regarding allegations against Talent/Trainers they held of until yesterday. Over the weekend WALTER is doing a fire sale on his merch now two of his protégés are released

10 minutes ago, SBD said:

I'm not sure if this has been brought up last week wXw had an impending announcement regarding allegations against Talent/Trainers they held of until yesterday. Over the weekend WALTER is doing a fire sale on his merch now two of his protégés are released

Literally gives the reason for their releases in the comments to that post.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

Damian Dunne dropped by Kamikaze Pro today, apparently.

Intetested to see people's thoughts on that one, could do with knowing more about it.

You’ve probably seen this by now but;

33 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

You’ve probably seen this by now but;

Was reading through this account yesterday, I think she’s accused 6 or 7 wrestlers,  she’s the daughter of someone from the UK scene(possibly a ref?) A lot of what she is saying is being discredited by a lot of people.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

36 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Was reading through this account yesterday, I think she’s accused 6 or 7 wrestlers.

I was aware of her after the Edler stuff at the beginning of 2018. Didn't see half of these names then, but Ryan Smile was one who temporarily slipped through the cracks after that, getting a couple of random bookings in ATTACK a whole 11 months after I'd read the exact same story on him as I did yesterday.

She also mentions having already gone to the police and nothing happening. Edler is still one of the most outright despicable, unrepentant and predatory guys from that time but apparently they couldn't find enough on him to put the monster in jail. So it wound me up a fair bit when people were tweeting that people should stop coming out with their stories because one person had taken presumably over a hundred cases to Yorkshire police. Fuck that entirely when more action is being taken now than in this fucking shit hobby's entire existence.

Edited by sj5522

52 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

A lot of what she is saying is being discredited by a lot of people.

And a lot of people seem to be closing ranks to protect each other because they don’t think they’ve done anything wrong.