Wrestling #MeToo #SpeakingOut

Keith Houchen

• Paid Members

Fuck the Knight family. They've used this place for years for free promotion and are now intimidating a poster into removing abuse allegations with implicit threats of violence.

"I'd do it the wrong way, know what I mean?" - Yes. Yes, it's very clear what you mean.

The thing is, we all know that there will be a lot of allegations that will be either unproveable or downright falsified. What this all flags up is the fact that the environment in wrestling is such that all the allegations are plausible.

Cultural change doesn't happen because everyone wakes up one day and suddenly realises something is wrong. It happens when someone becomes brave enough to stand up and ask a difficult question that NEEDED to be asked.

It doesn't matter if it was 'in character' (ugh), or 'for a laugh'. It definitely doesn't matter if the victim didn't speak up or didn't seem affected at the time. These are all the defences of the oblivious, the complicit, or the guilty. This is insidious.

1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I know he’s well loved here so thought I’d share this

02F1BA3F-7E76-40B6-AF6C-F720FBF0FC28.jpeg

I did security/time keeping on a few RQW shows and ended up friends with Len on Facebook. I ended up deleting him after a rant in which he claimed illegal asylum seekers attempting to enter the UK should be gunned down by armed patrols. Did not get the irony at all that this was just after he'd spent ages complaining about the issues he'd had moving to America. He's one of these people that has no filter on line and completely destroys the nice guy persona he's built up in your interactions face to face. 

First time I met him face to face I realised he was an unprofessional asshole straight away. At the end of the day he's just another guy who wanted to be Vince McMahon and tripped over his own ego by trying to be a company that supplied filming services for wrestling groups AND become his own major promotion.

Hated him. 

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Tiki said:

Add Len Davies to the total dunce pile. Be careful defending potential nonces, you literally have fuck all idea if the allegations are true or not. Not a fucking clue so wind it in.

As a lot of people have been saying on social media - better to accidentally defend a liar than knowingly risk defending a nonce.

That's the Twitter of Kid Fite and Premier British Wrestling had all tweets deleted as well as his girlfriend. His Ross Watson account on Facebook has been deactivated as well as the Facebook for PBW. 

It's been good to see the FPWA, Discovery Wrestling and Wrestlezone being proactive on social media and gaining trust from the fans and also the people it works for. 

The Keith Lee stuff is pretty damn harrowing. Like you just don't think about guys being taken advantage of like that. Especially not when they're big lads that look invincible. I know that's pretty stupid but it's just not something you generally think of when sexual abuse comes up.

I've been a big fan of his for a while now. He seems like such a nice bloke. And to think anyone would do that to him is horrific.

I really respect the fact he's come forward because it's difficult for anyone to, but it's a slightly different dynamic when it's a guy. It's a whole different stigma. And for him to open up and show that it can really happen to ANYONE will really help others.

Edited to say anyone replying on social media to him and telling him it's not a big deal or 'the same' etc is a cunt. Abuse is abuse.

Edited by DavidB6937

20 hours ago, Ironic Indie Lad said:

That is some grim, grim footage on that Bella girls twitter. 

Just 3 absolute weirdo losers hanging out in a bleak hotel room together sending offensive videos.

I assume SPLX brand is now cancelled?

That Starr video is just horrible. Worse kind of misogynistic talk and comes across as a threat to the woman for speaking up for herself.

There seems to be a growing number of people on twitter pointing out that Zack Sabre has been totally radio silent since all this kicked off.

He obviously has a long history with Marty Scurll, is a major part of the SPLX 'brand', was a big part of PROGRESS at times etc. He's also been very outspoken about his politics so I think thats also a driving factor in people saying he should speak up.

I dont really know what ZSJ could possibly come out and say at the minute thats not going to be fuel to the fire. The more and more stuff that comes out, the harder its becoming to believe these guys saying "I had no idea!".