Wrestling #MeToo #SpeakingOut

Keith Houchen

2 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

Roy Knight is just thick, isn’t he?

His facebook profile is public as well, so anyone can comment or like his posts.  Or screenshot the ones where a convicted violent thug makes threats of violence against someone.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Point 1. Very well made. 

Point 2. What you believe isn't important. You don't know why he was released, speculation isn't welcome in this thread. 

My apologies I thought I read he had, but I’ve re checked and it was speculation so I retract my original comment as I know speculation isn’t wanted

I'm gonna chuck some random thoughts out there, we'll see how it goes. 

I was the 'victim' of attempted grooming (no idea if that's the right word) years ago by a certain UK promoter who was eventually found out and jailed for sex crimes against young men and boys. I was about 16 when it started, I was harassed for pics of me and my girlfriend (never in a million years did I send any.) Eventually said promoter got my number and sent me a few lewd texts messages. I eventually grew out of going to wrestling events and the contact and messaging stopped, shortly thereafter though I read about the promoters charges in the paper. I got off lightly, I never felt the matter affected me too much, and that's the end of the story for me personally. 

I had a great time attending local wrestling and I met some great people. However from my own experience almost nothing negative I hear now would surprise me. 

That being said I've read some of the accusations on Twitter and such, and I personally am wary of accepting every word as fact. I understand how hypocritical that sounds and how many will disagree with me. All I can say is that (in some cases) I find it uncomfortable that a person could lose their job and reputation over an unproven Twitter accusation.

I will say though that my thoughts go out to all victims, wrestling globally definitely has a seedy underlay and it's not good at all.

Can't think just now of anything else I want to add. 

Edited by LEGIT

1 hour ago, LWOLeN said:

He could have kept quiet or denied....

He could have called her a liar...

Instead he owns and acknowledges it.

Proper statement by Marty Scurll.

Nothing but respect for a man who is willing to acknowledge (but not apologise for) the fact that he shagged a drunk 16 year old in the face of overwhelming evidence.

17 minutes ago, LEGIT said: 

That being said I've read some of the accusations on Twitter and such, and I personally am wary of accepting every word as fact.

It’s not a matter of believing every word as fact, but creating a culture where people can speak about their abuse without being dismissed. It’s dismantling the current system where people won’t speak out because they will be called liars and having their character assassinated. 

2 hours ago, LWOLeN said:

He could have kept quiet or denied....

He could have called her a liar...

Instead he owns and acknowledges it.

Proper statement by Marty Scurll.

I mean it's not the worst statement of the week but that's really only because the bar has been set fairly low. It's worded better than his initial statement it seems to really try and focus on being consensual (I'm not sure a girl who legally cannot drink who was drunk can give consent) and ignorance of age but how could he not have known she was younger than him, he is 10 years older. 

• Paid Members

4 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Can we have a description of that or are you just posting links again?

You mean like Lister did when he posted it on the last page?

Edited by Tommy!